cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHOPPER SYNDROME

Well, I have purchased numerous items but recently had probs with a seller and I'm not happy at all. Its a bit much your sending messages back and forth, back and forth only to get frustrated, tired of it. I'm not saying I've not gotten results from Ebay, I have but time consuming to enter a claim not receiving your package or its not the correct item listed on seller's site, many other mishaps, too many. I already eliminated two manor sites not happy with because incident occurred more than once, once is certainly enough don't ya agree? I keep track of all transactions, don't delete so they are always there when I want to review. Create labels for  each seller. So, pondered that I just may get rid of Ebay since there is much to much fraud going on with sellers and sometime buyers whether here or there. In my opinion its better to shop locally, no ship costs and usually no hassle which you actually see the person in front of you not on line, you don't know who your talking to or where regardless of photos, and just a small view of which State seller lives??? Don't trust this anymore given my experiences lately. Matter of fact one should be able to purchase goods from a State in the USA, no where else period!!!!!  It is allowed on this site and others someone from outside US can easily purchase a US phone number, easy to create an account that appears legit and its not. Most likely have relative, friend whom ever help them achieve their rotten goals to rip us off, tired of it aren't you? I've been paying close attention to more than just the darn "attention to detail" syndrome, discovered a lot to be desired in this category of buying on line on these sites. True  there are honest sellers who have a business yes but not all sellers are equal, nope!! Better to buy locally, there are yard sales, thrift shops galore  to browse and shop with confidence and you get a price not so sky high either. And of course local department stores and the like no matter where you live in USA. Nice no darn shipping fees and whatever follows these scenarios. I'm totally disgusted and not going to stand for it, no one should, either business site is legit or it isn't, SIMPLE~ CANNOT MENTION name of country but any country outside of USA is not kosher besides why would anyone want to buy from anywhere else other than your own darn country, PERIOD!! I've been on both sides of the spectrum, buying and selling and let me tell you, I never was dishonest, posted photos exact, description exact, so on so forth. Now some may not agree with me, I'm not posting to gain admiration from any one, any where, just voicing my opinion based on experience. Don't bother me what so ever if anyone is negative about this post if so I will more than assume your one of the person to 'WATCH OUT FOR" otherwise no need for negative remarks. So, that is my opinion on the matter that has really needed much to investigate before you buy from whom ever. I feel bad for those honest sellers and buyers, but its reality at hand here and "buyer beware" is fitting in this case. Good luck with your ventures and keep your eyeballs open, pay attention and don't get ripped off. Sign me..............ON THE LOOK OUT FOR U 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

SHOPPER SYNDROME

@iiedio_0,

It is very hard to respond to long winded posts that do not have paragraph breaks in them.  If you were to post specific issues you have had such as not receiving items, or receiving ones that were not as described.  We could probably help you or at least tell you how to avoid them in the first place.

Most issues can be resolved by reading and using ebay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) policies and time frames.  If you have not read the MBG terms which there is a link to on most listing pages, you should.

If you do not want to buy from foreign sellers there is a filter in the left hand column on a search results page that will filter out most of them.  Item location  - US only.  It may not work all of the time but Non US based sellers will usually have indications of not being located in the listing or on their feedback profile page. On a profile page the seller's country of registry may not be in the U.S.. If they have received neutral or negative feedback, click on the numbers of those to read only those comments.  Look for issues like slow shipping, items not received, poor quality, missing parts.. etc..

FYI, you can name China as being the home of many scams, on these boards.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPER SYNDROME

@iiedio_0   paragraphs

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPER SYNDROME

Hi @iiedio_0 

I have to admit that after reading your entire post … I don’t understand your reason for posting … except for wanting us to know you prefer to buy from a physical store.  Good for you!  [I personally don’t care where anyone prefers to shop.]

I had to laugh at your restricting anyone but yourself from making negative remarks … but, hey, it’s your thread.  😊 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPER SYNDROME

If you don’t want to buy from international sellers, that’s your prerogative. If you prefer Brick & Mortar stores to buying on line, that’s your prerogative too. 

If you had issues buying on eBay you can always get your money back by utilizing Money back Guarantee. It works really well if used correctly even against those unmentionable sellers in another country . 

Money Back Guarantee for Buyers  

There’s no need to “WATCH OUT FOR” anyone in this forum, we are all entitled to our opinions whether they are positive or negative. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPER SYNDROME

When anyone posts a message on the Board, that person cannot limit who can reply, nor can that person insist that all responders agree with his stance.  

And, if you'd like to return and explain exactly what kind of problems you are having with sellers, we would like to help.  

Have you read the MBG? Have you used it appropriately? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPER SYNDROME

That was very hard to read and understand.  And I still don't understand the point of it.  If you want to shop local, then do it.  No need to tell us here about it.

Hope that wasn't too negative for you and your feelings.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

SHOPPER SYNDROME

[Removed my post since I had already replied months ago.]. 😉

Message 8 of 8
latest reply