cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheap USA Forever stamps from China?

I just bought 200 of them from China from a person with 0 feedback, should I worry?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Cheap USA Forever stamps from China?

Assuming your post is serious and and not joking:  Yes, worry.  They are no doubt counterfeit.  China is producing and selling boatloads of counterfeit U.S. postage stamps.  When it arrives, take it to your local Post Office for inspection.  If it is counterfeit, file an Item Not As Described case with eBay.  Your local PO will advise other actions to take, as well.

=

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Well yeh, why would I not be serious?

There are thousands buying older Forever stamps from China with good results and the sellers have super 100% ratings

So you are an expert and know with 100% certainty they are going to be fake? Were you trained in this field then?

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

@cerealjedi 

Courious ..why would you buy USPS postage stamps from China in the first place?

Seems like a no brainer to me HMM cheap USPS postage stamps sold in China=fake.

I would hit the back button and never look back.

Best to buy those at the PO, you can order those from their website too. 

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Why ask a question if you don't wan an answer?  If you want only validation that you just made a really smart move by buying U.S. stamps from China, priced way below their face value, you may wish to do elsewhere to find it.

I thought you might be joking because there is so much news, along with discussion on these very boards, about the Chinese counterfeits.

But you can read here...

USPS:
https://www.uspis.gov/news/scam-article/counterfeit-stamps

A miniscule sampling from the news:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2022/01/07/fake-vs-real-stamps-usps-counterfeit-disc...
and
https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2021/fake-postage-stamp.html
and
https://www.whec.com/news/consumer-alert-we-put-fake-stamps-to-the-test-how-to-shine-a-light-on-coun...

and

https://www.wqow.com/news/officials-warning-you-to-be-aware-of-counterfeit-stamps/article_95521ed0-d...

Concerned stamp collectors:
https://www.linns.com/news/us-stamps-postal-history/counterfeiters-hit-the-u.s.-commemorative-stamp-...

One of many discussions on these boards.  Use the "search" bar to find more:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/WARNING-Before-using-Forever-stamps-you-purchased-recently-on...

-

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

The Chinese "Forever" stamps are counterfeits.

Do you really believe that the United States government would have cut a deal with the Chinese, to sell and distribute authentic U. S. postage stamps, which would then undercut the American economy?

China is producing tens of thousands of counterfeit items in hopes that American buyers will be stupid enough not to know the difference.  The Chinese are preying upon obvious American greed.

As @maxine*j  has stated, take your stamps to the post office when you receive them, so that a postal employee can actually scan them.  If the stamps don't pass the scan test, they're fake.

Please stop supporting the Chinese Communist government.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@cerealjedi wrote:

Well yeh, why would I not be serious?

There are thousands buying older Forever stamps from China with good results and the sellers have super 100% ratings

So you are an expert and know with 100% certainty they are going to be fake? Were you trained in this field then?

No need to be snarky about it.   

maxine*j gave you very sound advice.  These stamps are almost certain to be counterfeit.
Message 7 of 36
latest reply

what do your question? please explain me ?

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

@cerealjedi   I read your post and the replies ... if you do get them verified as counterfeit by the Post Office then the other thing you can do on eBay is go to that item on your purchase history and open it up ... then look to the right just above the Description box and use the Report item link to inform eBay that you verified with the Post Office that the Seller is selling counterfeit items. 

Sometimes, Buyers and Sellers have to police the site in case like this.

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

They may be fake so if you use them to send mail, your mail may be seized and law enforcement could visit you.  I would take them to your post office and see what they say about them before using them.  That country is known for cheap knockoffs.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Don't you love the posters to come here with questions and for help then snap at us when we don't tell them what they want to hear? 

Using counterfeit stamps is a serious crime along the lines of passing a counterfeit bill! If you, @cerealjedi are willing to take the risk, that's on you.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is (too good to be true). 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

Don't you love the posters to come here with questions and for help then snap at us when we don't tell them what they want to hear? ...

Yes, and even more so when they already have their own doubts (else why post "should I worry...")  and yet still kill the messenger.

-

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

you should worry because you are part of the problem

you know they are fake and so do all the ebayers reading this forum

when you go to use them you will be doing the wrong thing. do you have a concious ?

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

There are 400,000,000 people in the US. 

There are Thousands that are taken by 'too good to be true' scams every day. 

Buyers leave feedback when they get the item and cannot change it when they use the stamps and the envelope is returned as 'fake postage used'. 

Just because they fall for it, and you asked if you should 'worry' and are told 'absolutely!!' you still want to defend the seller?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Ask yourself - why would there be bulk sheets or rolls or forever stamps in China?  They can’t use them for postage in their own country.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply