cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled Orders need More information when Sellers cancel without Buyers request.

I had been working on Auctions from a Seller.  I was careful to Keep the Seller updated on all transactions. \

I sent these notes to Seller both in English AND MANDRIN Chinese...

Hi, how is Your Day going? Fine, I hope. I will pay you when I finish bidding on this last item. I have bid on many things. I do not want you to worry. This is the last bid I have. So don’t worry I pay promptly. I hope You have a nice evening. Sincerely 

Response from Seller: 

Thank you for your message, you can add all the items you want to shopping cart and then pay them via one payment, which will save you lots of time. Seller

Your previous message

Hi, How is Your evening going? I have been having fun looking at Your items. I have added Many BUY IT NOW items to My cart with You. I am still bidding and trying to get an order ready for You to ship. I have noticed on My Check out the page that some items are saying I can't purchase some items.
I have My packages to a P.O. box so that might be the problem. You might have items listed as No PO boxes. If that is the case I will give You My street address. Then I should have no problems. See pictures of the checkout page. Hopefully, we will be able to resolve this soon so I can pay You. I hope You have a good day. Sincerely 

嗨,你晚上好吗?我一直很开心看着你的物品。我已经向你的购物车添加了许多现在购买物品。我仍然在竞标并试图准备好您的订单。我在My Check out页面上注意到有些项目说我无法购买一些物品。
 我有我的包裹给P.O.这样可能是问题。您可能将项目列为无PO框。如果是这样的话,我会给你我的街道地址。那我应该没问题。查看结帐页面的图片。希望我们能尽快解决这个问题,这样我才能付钱给你。祝你一天愉快。真诚的

I sent these pictures:

Response from Seller:

Thank you for your message.
We are sorry to say that we don't ship to P.O. box, hope you can kindly understand this, thanks

Have a nice day.

My response:

Hi, How are You today? I hope You are having a good Monday. I have no problem with that I will provide a physical address. I will have to figure out how to change it Or I am sure eBay will guild me on how to change it. Both addresses are verified through Pay Pal. Then I will be able to buy the items I wanted and the ones I bid on. Thank You for Your time and service. Sincerely, Pam hawn

你好,你今天怎样?我希望你周一过得愉快。我没有问题,我将提供一个物理地址。我将不得不弄清楚如何改变它或者我相信eBay会告诉我如何改变它。两个地址都通过Pay Pal验证。然后,我将能够购买我想要的物品和我竞标的物品。感谢您时间和服务。真诚的,Pam hawn

Response From Seller:

Thank you for your message.
We have sent a cancel request to you, please kindly accept in your eBay message, then the order will be canceled, thanks.
Have a nice day.

AS YOU SEE I DIDNT ASK TO CANCEL>>>>Is there something in My messages that Say I want to cancel the order? NO! Message from eBay on ALL THE ITEMS I BID ON: 

Ebay Message:

You don't need to do anything else, moonbloodstone!

Your order was canceled

Hi Pamela,

The seller canceled this order due to the following reason: . (NO REASON LEFT)

You don't need to do anything else.

There is a click to find OUT the reason why. 

It says See picture:

So I worked on this purchase for many days. I did not agree to cancel. I did not ask to cancel. In fact, I clearly stated that I could check out and give My physical address and everything would be fine. Why does eBay allow Sellers to cancel for NO reason? If a Seller ID canceling WHY doesn't eBay instead of sending a message saying Your order has been canceled ASK IF YOU AGREED TO CANCEL THE ORDER? The Seller gets OUT of Getting defects by SAYING " address is wrong" I KNOW My address is correct on MY eBay Account settings.

The real funny thing is that I had many items I wanted to purchase that were buy it Now. I always feel that IF I am getting good Auction prices I don't Want the Seller to completely lose out, so I always add things regular priced to make up for the Low-cost auctions. The Seller canceled ALL the Auctions I won and left the Buy It now purchases. I took the BIN OUT of My Shopping cart. ( maybe he couldn't cancel the BINs) 

I worked on those Auctions for 5 days. I communicated with Seller when I started bidding so He did not worry. When I went to pay I couldn't. I explained that to Seller and send pictures. I even suggested that it might be his No shipping to PO setting and that I had a physical address that I could put in.

Yes, I am disappointed. All that work for nothing! I am also sure that He did NOT get any defects because he Used "Problem with Address" Now what should I do? Report him? Send him a letter asking for the items to be put back in My cart so I can pay and have the order shipped out? Leave Negative feedback? I guess that is a good way to remove items that were Auctioned OFF that the Seller lost money on...No defects, Mad BUYER, No way to resolve it. 

That system needs to be revised. I do think that "problem with Buyers Address" should be left for Sellers that have that problem, but it should NOT be an excuse to just cancel orders that don't get the bid the Seller anticipated. Every Buyer should get a notice of why it was canceled and get a chance to agree with the cancelation or NOT. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Canceled Orders need More information when Sellers cancel without Buyers request.

I am not in support of the seller cancellation with this buyer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Canceled Orders need More information when Sellers cancel without Buyers request.

The seller sees/has a problem with your address.  The seller has the right to cancel.

There is nothing to report.  

You should've changed your address before you decided to purchase.  His listing states No Shipping to PO Boxes but yet you bid.

Sellers cannot undo the cancel an re-add the items to your cart.

Seller might've seen you trying to change it after the fact, which isn't how it works. 

Sorry you lost out.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

The seller had a valid reason for cancellation. You need to change your delivery address before bidding/attempting to purchase from sellers who don't ship to post office boxes.

Honestly, with all your back and forth with the seller, you seem like a buyer who's a lot of work to sell to

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I am not in support of the seller cancellation with this buyer.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

You told the seller that you will change your address AFTER THE PAYMENT is made.

That isn't allowed by Ebay.

Sellers must ship to the address that ebay gives them. Since he doesn't ship to PO boxes and your address is a PO box, he would have to cancel the sale.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

They can choose to cancel the sell using 'problems with buyers address' however a buyer can use any ship-to address they wish when paying. Is this not the same option for auction style listings? I know I've switched between my home address and business address, but I don't bid on auctions however so now I'm curious. I would assume you could place the order having it shipped to any address you like. Her address may have shown if that is the 'primary' on the account, but she should have been able to direct the shipment anywhere she liked while paying for it.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

The seller sees/has a problem with your address.  The seller has the right to cancel.

There is nothing to report.  

You should've changed your address before you decided to purchase.  His listing states No Shipping to PO Boxes but yet you bid.

Sellers cannot undo the cancel an re-add the items to your cart.

Seller might've seen you trying to change it after the fact, which isn't how it works. 

Sorry you lost out.

I did Not try and change anything after ANY Fact! Normally everything goes in the shopping cart AND during checkout, I am asked where I want it shipped. He Canceled the orders before I paid. If you read MY note I said. 

I said "I have noticed on My Check out the page that some items are saying I can't purchase some items.
I have My packages to a P.O. box so that might be the problem. You might have items listed as No PO boxes. If that is the case I will give You My street address. Then I should have no problems. See pictures of the checkout page. "   

The Seller had No idea What address that I had. I also said after that.."I have no problem with that I will provide a physical address. I will have to figure out how to change it Or I am sure eBay will guild me on how to change it. Both addresses are verified through Pay Pal. 

So, NO the Seller does not have the right to cancel!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@moonbloodstone wrote:

I had been working on Auctions from a Seller. I was careful to Keep the Seller updated on all transactions. \

I sent these notes to Seller both in English AND MANDRIN Chinese...

"I have My packages to a P.O. box so that might be the problem."   

The Seller had No idea What address that I had.

So, NO the Seller does not have the right to cancel!

You seller gets your PO Box address as each auction ends.

You sent Chinese; you have no idea if your seller speaks the Mandarin dialect.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@hun.ga-10 wrote:

The seller had a valid reason for cancellation. You need to change your delivery address before bidding/attempting to purchase from sellers who don't ship to post office boxes.

Honestly, with all your back and forth with the seller, you seem like a buyer who's a lot of work to sell to

So communication is bad? I think communication is good! 

1) I told him that I was bidding on many of his items spread over at least 7 days. It is bad to tell the Seller that? Do You as a Seller get nervous when one Buyer starts to bid on many items and You have never sold to them before? 

2) then I showed him that the shopping cart said I could Not purchase certain items. I asked him IF he had his settings on NO PO BOXES and I told him Both addresses are verified through Pay Pal. 

after that he said...Thank you for your message.
We are sorry to say that we don't ship to P.O. box, hope you can kindly understand this, thanks

Then he just canceled! Nothing was said that I did not have a physical address. 

When I BID on items and get good deals I don't just **bleep** the Seller and run. I am well aware that I got VERY GOOD DEALS on the items I bid on so, in that case, I generally also add things of interest to MY SHOPPING CART so the Seller makes some regular sales. I don't consider that being a PITA buyer. 

I only sent 2 messages...Is that too many? I guess that is the problem with the "NEW EBAY" Sellers want to Sell items without any contact...I thought and still think that communication is important. I even sent the messages in both languages so there were No problems with him translating. 

No wonder Buyers complain about Buying on eBay. Everyone missed the point of My question. Why doesn't eBay ask a Buyer IF they requested a cancelation? I was not asked. I was complaining about not being given notification from eBay ON why the Auctions were canceled. In this case, I hadn't checked out yet and hadn't tried to pay. 

I don't blame the Sellers for being nervous Nellies. In fact, eBay has made so many changes that COST Sellers time that could be used as a time to touch base with Buyers. Instead, Sellers are worried about what eBay has either checked or unchecked without permission or trying to cancel GTC listings they don't want to be renewed. see photo again...

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Finding said, "You told the seller that you will change your address AFTER THE PAYMENT is made."

Nope I know the rules...You are right IF I HAD paid first and then tried to change the address then I agree that would have been a very good reason NOT to continue the sale. In fact, as a Seller, I WOULD CANCEL THE ORDER and I would use "problem with the address" as the reason.
Please look at what I said...
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Yes, Auctions are the same...I may change the Address to anyone I want DURING CHECKOUT. My street address is also on My eBay Account settings but My P.O. BOX is the default.

The real funny thing about everything is that even when I have My street address listed, MY PO Master automatically routes EVERYTHING to my P.O. The only time I get mail at My house is with FedEx. USPS drops My shipments from them to the PO also!
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Thank You for the information. I have never sold anything on Auction since 2011. I did not know that the address is given to a Seller after an auction.
You could be right that the Seller MIGHT not speak or read SIMPLE Mandarin. I do think it is correct to ASSUME that a Seller from China speaks and reads Mandarin.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

So out of all of this...Maybe I should change My default to My street address. Maybe when I said this...

My response:

Hi, How are You today? I hope You are having a good Monday. I have no problem with that I will provide a physical address. I will have to figure out how to change it Or I am sure eBay will guild me on how to change it. Both addresses are verified through Pay Pal. Then I will be able to buy the items I wanted and the ones I bid on. Thank You for Your time and service. Sincerely, 

Maybe in trying to communicate, I failed...

My question remains though... Why doesn't the letter sent from eBay ask me IF I wanted the order canceled? OR Why doesn't eBay tell me the Purchases were canceled due to "problem with Address"? One time several years ago I had a glitch in My Pay Pal account and I did have to request Sellers to cancel orders as I couldn't pay. At that time I was asked by eBay IF I wanted the orders canceled. 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

It changed a few years ago.

Sellers don't need to ask a buyers' permissions for an order cancellation.  If they aren't going to ship it (for whatever reason - either buyer or seller), they aren't going to ship it.

What's the point in asking?  If any other commerce business cancels a sale, do they ask permission?  If the buyer says no, are they still going to ship something they may not have? or to an address that they think is inaccurate?

eBay only needs to know you were refunded if paid.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

It changed a few years ago. (this was a good change because Sellers would send Buyers a cancelation and their item would be held in limbo until the time ran out when the Buyer did not respond. 

Sellers don't need to ask a buyers' permissions for an order cancellation.  If they aren't going to ship it (for whatever reason - either buyer or seller), they aren't going to ship it.

Yes, everyone may decide NOT to ship products that they don't want to that is why they created DEFECTS for Sellers who didn't get the price they wanted, couldn't find the product they had listed, or sold it previously. 

What's the point in asking?  If any other commerce business cancels a sale, do they ask permission?  If the buyer says no, are they still going to ship something they may not have? or to an address that they think is inaccurate?

Yes You are right about Buisinesses in general....This is not any other site this is eBay. eBay owns the site so everyone needs to play with eBays rules. 

Defects

eBay only needs to know you were refunded if paid. No they also need to know when "Irresponsible Sellers" cancel for NO reason...

But, that is neither here or there, I already said that I probably worded it wrong. I should have said at checkout I will give My Physical address. I also said I did not know that the addresses were recorded when the Auction is finished. I understand why the Seller canceled He saw My address and canceled thinking that I did not have a physical address. 

Although I didn't say it I have resolved that I did NOT make MYself clear...So I will do nothing against the Seller. In fact, I still will probably go in and give positive feedback to the Seller. Due to My misunderstanding of the Address process. 

One thing we BOTH agree with Lint is that This is just another ruse to get more Sellers below standard so they pay more fees!

seller-performance-policy

Message 15 of 16
latest reply