cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't leave negative feedback?

After opening a dispute because item was never received and having the dispute ruled in favor of the seller and then my appeal denied and then the buyer protection refund request denied, I am out over $300 for an item from Greece that was never received and USPS does not show the item was ever delivered.  But, it's eBay's playground, lesson learned after 23 years as a member.  But, then when I post a negative feedback on the seller because he has my money and I never got the item, the feedback is never posted or counted against his 100 percent positive score and the option to leave feedback on the order detail page is gone.  So, eBay allows this theft and then prevents others from being warned against theft?  That's an interesting business model.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Are you sure there was no tracking? I don't understand how a seller would have won INR if there hadn't been proof of delivery.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Maybe someone stole it after it was delivered.

Generally negative feedback saying not received is removed if you lose a case or if tracking shows it was delivered. 

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

Since the case was ruled in the seller's favor ebay prevents  a buyer to leave negative feedback.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 4 of 33
latest reply

There is no way seller would have won the case, the appeal etc. if the tracking DIDN'T show it was delivered. 

What is the tracking number the seller used? 

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

Did you actually open an item not received case with eBay within 30 days of the estimated delivery date?

And is there no tracking showing delivery?

That should have been a slam dunk.

Is there information missing here?  

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

Tracking Number: CP410748730GR

This item has been lost in the USPS system since June 19th.  The seller refused to file a claim or search with USPS as he is in Greece and has no info on USPS.  My position is that he chose USPS, not me and he has shipped to my mechanic who is not getting paid to search for lost mail.  And I am not the shipper or the receipiant, so USPS will not provide info to me.  When seller refused to do anything towards locating this item, I opened dispute with eBay.  Now, you tell me after looking at the USPS tracking info how I can loose the dispute, loose the appeal and loose the buyers protection guarantee and the ability to leave negative feedback.  It boggles the mind.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

Here is cut and paste from eBay tracking.  Now, you tell me where it says item has been delivered.

Shipped
Mon, May 29

In transit

Out for delivery

Estimated delivery
Tue, Jun 13

ELTA Hellenic Post: CP410748730GR

Hide tracking details

1. Jun 16, 2023
    11:35am
    Arrived at Post Office
    ATLANTA, GA
  2. Jun 11, 2023
    12:00am
    In Transit to Next Facility, Arriving Late

3. Jun 10, 2023

4. Jun 9, 2023

5. Jun 8, 2023

6. Jun 7, 2023
    9:25pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  7. Jun 7, 2023
    11:28am
    Insufficient Address
    ATHENS, GA
  8. Jun 6, 2023
    10:49am
    Insufficient Address
    ATHENS, GA
  9. Jun 6, 2023
    8:07am
    Arrived at Post Office
    ATHENS, GA
  10. Jun 6, 2023
    6:10am
    Out for Delivery
    ATHENS, GA
  11. Jun 6, 2023
    4:13am
    Arrived at Post Office
    ATHENS, GA
  12. Jun 5, 2023
    1:45am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    ATLANTA GA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
  13. Jun 3, 2023
    1:52am
    Inbound Out of Customs

14. Jun 2, 2023
    1:03am
    Άφιξη σε χώρα προορισμού

15. Jun 1, 2023
    4:18pm
    Processed Through USPS Facility
    ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
  16. May 30, 2023
    11:26am
    Processed Through Facility
    ATHENS AIR MAIL UNIT (AMU)
  17. May 30, 2023
    7:32am
    Αποστολή βρίσκεται σε στάδιο μεταφοράς

18. May 29, 2023
    1:49pm
    Acceptance

19. May 29, 2023
    3:56am
    Tracking number provided

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

It is the insufficient address that is the issue.  Since the buyer is responsible for providing a address if it gets scanned as Insufficient you would lose protection for not providing a sufficient address 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

My local postal agent suggested that since the item made it all the way from Greece to Athens, GA the address was, indeed, sufficient.  But, if the label got damaged in transit or the package got damaged so that the address could not be read, it would show as insufficient.  

And, I thought the seller lost all his protection if he shipped to an unconfirmed address.  But, if this address thing is the key, it would have been nice for eBay to state that, not just rule against me.  

Well, I've disputed the charge on my credit card, we'll see where that gets me.  I'm not about to eat $300 and go quietly into that good night.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

My position is that he chose USPS, not me and he has shipped to my mechanic who is not getting paid to search for lost mail.  And I am not the shipper or the receipiant, so USPS will not provide info to me.

@signsup 

Could your mechanic (assuming that's the recipient) gain access to the info and pass it along to you?

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

He is very elderlay and not computer literate.  That is why I orderd the part and had it shipped directly to him in the first place.  Bottom line is that mail get's lost every day, but this experience with eBay closing disputes and not tellin me why and their foreign speaking customer service agents  just reading a script and not telling me why the dispute got closed and then telling me it's been submitted for a  manual refund and not telling me it was denied.  If it was denied buyer protection due to the alledged insufficient address, eBay knew that before submitting it to buyers protection.  So, why waste everyone's time if the address was a valid reason for denial.

And, a new wrinkle in this saga.  When I go to my recent purchases, this item is classified in that catagory under eBay's classification "Awaiting Shipment".  If eBay and the seller are representing that this item was delivered, why are they labeling the order as "Awaiting Shipment"?

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

Does USPS deliver any mail to the address of your mechanic????

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

I see that a search for item request was done on July 7.  Was that you or the seller?  The seller might not be fluent in English .

Latest Update

A search has been initiated on your item as of 12:41 pm on July 7, 2023. The Missing Mail Search Request ID for your item is MRC 23 1647 0535.

Alert

Missing Mail Search Request Initiated, Missing Mail Search Request ID MRC 23 1647 0535

July 7, 2023, 12:41 pm

Arrived at Post Office

ATLANTA, GA 30378 

June 16, 2023, 11:35 am

Anyway, you stated that you opened a case with the credit card company.   Great.  I do have a question, are you sure that the name and address on this transaction is correct and complete? IF yes, I honestly do NOT know why you lost the case.   If the seller printed the label from the ebay site, the address would be what you wrote.  But if they copied it and omitted something, that would be the seller's fault.  Keep fighting it with the credit card.   Take a photo of the name and address that shows on this transaction as the ship to address proving that it's correct.

I would also go to the post office or send the mechanic (give him a 2 hour lunch, he probably deserves it) and have him go to the post office and ask them to see if they can find the package and forward to you.  You do NOT want that box going back to Greece.

Goodluck.

If you lose with the credit card company,  contact Ebay on Facebook.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

And, I thought the seller lost all his protection if he shipped to an unconfirmed address.  

The whole confirmed address business was dropped years ago when eBay sold Paypal. Now eBay populates the checkout with the shipping address in your account. The buyer has the option to change that address during the checkout process. That address is then sent to the seller. If the seller is printing the shipping label through eBay it will be automatically populated with that address.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply