cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't leave negative feedback?

After opening a dispute because item was never received and having the dispute ruled in favor of the seller and then my appeal denied and then the buyer protection refund request denied, I am out over $300 for an item from Greece that was never received and USPS does not show the item was ever delivered.  But, it's eBay's playground, lesson learned after 23 years as a member.  But, then when I post a negative feedback on the seller because he has my money and I never got the item, the feedback is never posted or counted against his 100 percent positive score and the option to leave feedback on the order detail page is gone.  So, eBay allows this theft and then prevents others from being warned against theft?  That's an interesting business model.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Can't leave negative feedback?

@harold_griefbacon wrote:

"I'm curious how a porch pirate (by your own admission) is the fault of eBay or the seller?"

Not requiring a signature confirmation for delivery on a $400 item seems a bit irresponsible.

That's a subjective call. Ebay only requires it for packages over $750. Many buyers dislike signature confirmation because they work and have issues picking up packages at the PO. If you wanted SC added you should have made that known to the seller.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

That parcelsap.com site is very helpful.  Escpecially when the USPS is waisting their time tracking my package that has been returned to seller.  And, the time line is very interesting.  While eBay is denying my dispute and not allowing me to leave negative feedback, the seller actually has the item returned and in their possession.  

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

@signsup wrote:

That parcelsap.com site is very helpful.  Escpecially when the USPS is waisting their time tracking my package that has been returned to seller.  And, the time line is very interesting.  While eBay is denying my dispute and not allowing me to leave negative feedback, the seller actually has the item returned and in their possession.  

eBay would still deny your non-receipt claim because the package was returned to sender, according to tracking, for an insufficient address. That voids buyer MBG protections on an item not received claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 33 of 33
latest reply