cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought On Ebay But Delivered By Amazon

I bought an item on Ebay but it was delivered by Amazon. The item was $4 less on Amazon but that does not include sales tax, Ebay and Paypal fees. I paid with Paypal. I'm worried this is some kind of scam where the seller is using someone else's stolen credit card to pay Amazon. Should I be worried? I called Amazon and Ebay, but they would not give me any information and did not understand what I was inquiring about.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Bought On Ebay But Delivered By Amazon

That should be a slam dunk for an INR (item not received). Point out to the Ebay rep that the item was not delivered to your zipcode.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

People using their Prime account to fulfill sales are stealing from Amazon or whoever the carrier is. I'm not ok with that.

I am ok if they dropship from Amazon and don't use their Prime account.

Well, I guess amazon has no problem with it because they continue to allow it.  It is fairly obvious if somebody is randomly sending gifts to people all over the country that they are probably selling the items.  I am sure amazon has some type of algorithm to stop this if they really wanted to.  

I am curious to know about what the deal amazon and the shipping companies have made.  

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

They don’t allow it. It is explicitly against the rules and we’ve had posts here where sellers complain about losing prime forever.

Ebay doesn’t catch all the rule breakers either. The fact that people get away with it doesn’t make it right. 

Amazon gets a reduced price price deal because they deliver already sorted packages to postal hubs.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

They don’t allow it. It is explicitly against the rules and we’ve had posts here where sellers complain about losing prime forever.

I don't have a prime account.  It's against prime rules or ebay rules or both?  

Is it against the rules for the buyer too?  Obviously I didn't know where the item was coming from.  

Ebay doesn’t catch all the rule breakers either. The fact that people get away with it doesn’t make it right. 

I have reported a number of rule breakers for a lot more serious violations yet the sellers remain selling the same items that clearly are set up to deceive buyers.  

Sadly some of the things that are not right, are not against the rules.  

Amazon gets a reduced price price deal because they deliver already sorted packages to postal hubs.

We'll I guess they deserve a discount if they are doing part of the delivery work (the sorting) on their own.  

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Misusing prime is an amazon violation. I doubt eBay cares or would have any way to know how sellers are fulfilling their sales.

When sellers misuse prime someone ends up paying for the shipping who shouldn’t have to. It’s especially egregious if the seller charges the buyer for shipping, pockets it and gets amazon to foot the bill.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

Here is my opinion:   

Ebay wins because they get the Final Value Fee.  

The buyer wins (if they do not have a prime account) because they get the item for less (price plus shipping).  

The seller wins because they are selling for more than they are buying.  

Amazon wins because they are getting a sale that they otherwise would not have made.  

The money they are receiving from prime memberships is covering all of their shipping charges.  If it was not, I don't believe they would be offering it.  

The only monkey wrench I can see in this equation is that these buyers are not paying for a prime membership.  For myself, I do not currently buy enough on their site to make it worth it (that may change in the future).  So if I could not get one of their items from a seller here, I would not be buying it from them.  The main item I would be buying in this situation is a brand new book.  If I can't buy it for less here, I will just go to a brick and mortar store (wholesale club store) and buy it there.  

I think the sellers are taking the biggest risk.  Not only are they risking their prime account.  If the item arrives damaged or does not arrive at all, then they end up in a big mess.  They may lose their ebay account also.  

Anyway that is my assessment of the situation.  

If you don't agree on this topic, we can agree to disagree?  

Thank you for your input. 

Have a good night.  

Message 21 of 21
latest reply