cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding The Question About Taxes

The Company Does Not Reply Or Respond To Tax Policies 

They Charge Un Valid Taxes For Postage, To Soldiers, And Veterans. 

All Exempt To California And All Fifty States. These People Are Real Citizens.

The Company Could Really Careless. It Has Pointed Out Members Of Congress 

Of The Issue. Asking Reimbursement In New York, eBay Does Not Charge, Taxes On

Postage. ( A Violation Of Postal Law Cases Well Known)  Also, Retail Tax To Soldiers And Veterans is 

Prohibited By Federal Law. ( Case Laws And Codes Can Be Validated)

If Allowed To Speak Some One From eBay About The Tax Issue,

They Run Away Or Change The Subject. 

These Question Can Be Answer With Direct Letters To Your Congressional Representative. 

There Is Committee Being Formed For Investigation. 

Then The Real Questions And Answers Will Surface. Taxes Or Just A Service Fee.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Avoiding The Question About Taxes

@stephenmorgan wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

Hmm folks do not seem to understand that the shipping is a taxable service.

This is why of the online you get taxed,

when you go to the Brick store to purchase you do not get taxed on shipping because there is none...

Yet of course you may get taxed on the transaction if the item or service purchased is applicable to such in the state you are in...

Amusing topic.

Have no clue to the rant the OP did....

I was trying to keep my conversation specifically as it relates to USPS with State Sales Tax being charge on-line but not in-store.

So when you go to your local USPS (Brick & Motor) and purchase their Shipping Services or any of the various other items they sell are you charged a Sales Tax that is remitted to the State?

If I charge the customer for shipping I must charge them also the tax at the time they pay for it.

It is a service they are paying me for, and taxable under the sales tax laws (witch in me state is called some thing else)..

Had to do such in CA also.

Simple if a buyer pays for you to ship to them it is a service and must be taxed.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

I'm unsure what you see wrong about this ?  The nonfood is being taxed in all your scenarios. The food isn't.  Exactly as it should be the shipping portion is considered part of the value in the states that allow taxes on shipping. So the Shipping being taxed on the taxable item and not the non taxable is exactly right 

I do not see anything wrong with it. 

Post #48, I responded to OP that if his state does not tax certain items then eBay should not be collecting tax for those items. OP responded back with Post #51, "They Are Charing For A Service Not Postage Check With IR For More Info." and I am now unsure exactly what the issue is.

My examples is only to demonstrate that it is possible for eBay to separate the non taxable items from the taxable items and only collect tax on the taxable items.

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

Hello, 

The Reason, There Is A Difference.  Soldiers Protect Your Freedom And The Country. 

They Become Citizens, A Civilian Is A Civilian, With Little Understanding Of The Meaning Soldier Citizen.

Civilians Have Citizen-Ship, Not Citizen Status. Most Military Pass State Lines. May Live In An Area. 

They Are Not Residents Of The Area, They Are Citizens And Do Not Pay State Taxes. Go Look It Up. 

A Soldier Sacrifices, Their Time (little Pay) And Sometimes Their Lives To Do Their Duty. 

The Respect For This Is Shown With Tax Free Status. One Of The Benefits, They Have, Civilians Do Not .

Civilians Pay Taxes, Because Of Freedom. A Price That Comes From Civilians. A Blur Has Happen.

Unless You Served, You Are A Civilian. A Resident Of State, You Reside. Therefore, A Resident. 

Soldiers Have A Status.  Most People Discount Military Service To The Country And The People. For Us,

Purchases Outside Of eBay Are Tax Free. eBay Does Not Follow Common Practice Of The Law. 

Do Some Checking I Received Refunds Of Taxes Paid. Not On eBay. With Current Environment Of Activity,  

The Courts Are Not Hearing All Cases. But When It Clears, These Types Of Cases Will Be Dealt With. 

If Fines Are In Order, That Will Be The Remedy. Doing Business  (as A Civilian) Does Not Make You 

Tax Free. Unless You Are Retailing The Item, You Must Pay The Taxes. The Taxes Make You Free, 

To Live In This Country. We Get Relief From Those Type Of Charges. For Life... Yes, Disabled. 

That Does Not Have Any Standing. Across The Board, Soldiers Are Special. You Can Not Disagree. 

Without Them, There Are Problems. Police Are Not Citizens Unless They Serve. 

Thank You Very Much.

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 64 of 64
latest reply