cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently I received an invisible package at 1:00 Am, in the middle of the night.

I received a notification that my package was delivered at 1:00 AM. I thought this was a bit odd, since no carrier that I know of delivers at this time, but I ran downstairs to check anyway. There was no package. 

I looked at my purchase history and the carrier service the seller used is something called "ZNLOGIC". 

I looked at the sellers page and apparently He/She is some kind of dropshipper. Buying from amazon using prime membership and sells the item for a few dollars more on ebay. 

Seller has more than 50 negative, 40 something neutral but also more than 6000 positive feedback in a month. Many of the user feedback complaining about "delivered packages" that they never received and ebay subsequently ruling in the sellers favor. 

The mistake I made was to think that I would be immune to fraud and scams on ebay, and believing in ebay's money back guarantee. I should have checked the sellers feedback before making the purchase. 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Apparently I received an invisible package at 1:00 Am, in the middle of the night.

@oceans2323,

"The mistake I made was to think that I would be immune to fraud and scams on ebay, and believing in ebay's money back guarantee".

There is no online selling site that is immune from fraud or scams.  eBay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) works. However,  if they did not go by what tracking information shows, there would be as many scam buyers as there are scam sellers.  I do not know if there is a way to contact Amazon to find out what address they were given to deliver the package to, but if you can get information saying the delivery address they were given was not yours, you might be able to win an appeal of the MBG decision and get a refund.

This may even be a new twist on a triangulation scam. The way it usually works is an eBay buyer buys an item from a seller/scammer, who then turns around pocketing your money,  but pays for the item on another site, using stolen payment information. The site ships the item to the address the scammer gives them,  usually the buyers.

Down the road the site that shipped the item, finds out stolen information was used for the payment, and they are out the money and the item. The buyer is happy because they received their item however, so the scammer can continue to rip off other companies. 

In your case the scammer is not only be ripping off Amazon but you as well since you do not receive anything and they now have what you ordered to sell on another site or on ebay.  Since eBay was not defrauded the seller can continue selling on this site unless or until too many disputes are opened, and they get banned.

"I should have checked the sellers feedback before making the purchase".

That is why eBay has the feedback system. Unfortunately, many if not most buyers do not use it, unless something goes wrong. Some of the buyers who do check feedback profiles do not look at what the neutral feedback comments are.  Most of them should be negatives, but since people are worried they might be accused of cyber bullying they will not leave a negative.

"Seller has more than 50 negative, 40 something neutral but also more than 6000 positive feedback in a month".

You need to look at total numbers, not just feedback from the last month.  On ebay a very good high volume seller will have a feedback percentage of 99.6% or better. Those with percentages between 99.6 down to 98.9% have issues. Those with less than a 98.9% rating have serious problems and those with less than that I avoid.  I no longer buy from any seller who is located in China or has comments saying they drop ship from there.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Apparently I received an invisible package at 1:00 Am, in the middle of the night.

I have ordered many times from Amazon and I have other family members that have also purchased a lot, especially though Prime. But I've never had an issue with a missing package. Also never have had a package be delivered or a "confirmed delivery" notice at 1:00 AM. 

Seller is at 99.2% feedback rating. I was in haste and I did not bother reading the actual feedback comments. 

In anycase, contacting ebay or paypal or even the seller will just result in me losing my case / money because of "delivery confirmation". 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Have you actually confirmed the delivery confirmation is real? There are a couple of sites that you can track shipments from multiple shippers Ship24 is one I think TrackMyShipment is another. Might be worth seeing if the shipment was trackable that way and with the original shipper as well.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Ship24 shows package delivered which is bull. Im not sure whats going on here. Not sure if the carrier is legit or if they delivered at the wrong address. If its the latter, then i still dont understand why anyone would be delivering packages at midnight.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The time stamp may not be the actual delivery time but the time the scans were uploaded to the main computer. 

Some sellers store their items at an Amazon Warehouse where Amazon Fulfillment picks, packs, and ships their items. Prime shipping is included.   If it arrives with a gift invoice that's not allowed and should be reported. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I personally would wait until today has passed, then contact the seller and ask them about the item.  I have seen quite a few delivery confirmations without the product in hand.  Then the next day the item shows up.

I few weeks ago, I got a knock past 8PM and it was my local mail carrier who said, "oops, the package has been in my truck for a couple of days, sorry!"

Why my package would have been in "their truck" I will never know.  The post office is directly across the street from me, less than 100 feet away.

Do not open a case online as you will lose for sure.  If it does not show up, you will need to contact eBay by phone and when you do, be sure to point out the feedback and the drop shipping.

Good luck!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@oceans2323,

First off ZN tracking is Amazon's in-house tracking that is why I suggested contacting their customer service.  I would get your order info ready when you do, along with the tracking number so they can check the delivery address.

"In anycase, contacting ebay or paypal or even the seller will just result in me losing my case / money because of "delivery confirmation".

If it turns out the address was not yours if you can get that in writing.  You can appeal eBay's decision with the info, and you will win. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Shipping from another retailer like Amazon violates Ebay policy.

Sellers can only drop ship from wholesalers, not other retailers or marketplaces.

Report the seller as violating Ebay policies.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/drop-shipping

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I contacted amazon customer service and it was a fail. Nothing they could do, and I was told they didn't even use that type of tracking number. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I'm going to wait a day and see what happens. I'll keep everyone updated... 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

The company is Zinc Logistics. Try contacting them for were this item came from and were it was delivered.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@oceans2323 wrote:

I'm going to wait a day and see what happens. I'll keep everyone updated... 

@oceans2323 Because the actual TBA tracking from Amazon is not publicly viewable, eBay drop-shippers use brokers like Bluecare Express and Zinc Logistics to mirror the TBA tracking on their own websites, which as you've seen, can be manipulated to falsify delivery that eBay will accept as gospel.

This means that if you start an item not received case, you will lose, as tracking shows delivered. It doesn't matter if you call ahead, pointing out the delivery at 1:00 AM, or produce a notarized document attesting that the delivery was not to your address: The eBay bot will overrule any promises you're given, deny your refund, and block or remove your feedback.

Instead, you should do as others have tried and succeeded: Start a return request for Missing parts and pieces, then wait for the seller to escalate the case. If you get a return label, to get a refund, return what you received. Or if you paid with a credit card, call the number on the back and file a chargeback, pointing out the ridiculous tracking, to get your refund.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@kako_5344 wrote:

This means that if you start an item not received case, you will lose, as tracking shows delivered. It doesn't matter if you call ahead, pointing out the delivery at 1:00 AM, or produce a notarized document attesting that the delivery was not to your address: The eBay bot will overrule any promises you're given, deny your refund, and block or remove your feedback.

Instead, you should do as others have tried and succeeded: Start a return request for Missing parts and pieces, then wait for the seller to escalate the case. If you get a return label, to get a refund, return what you received. Or if you paid with a credit card, call the number on the back and file a chargeback, pointing out the ridiculous tracking, to get your refund.

UPDATE: From the Purchase History page, and perhaps from the Resolution Center as well, if tracking shows delivered it seems

- buyers cannot start an Item Not Received request anymore. Instead,

- buyers only have the option "Return this Item" when tracking shows delivered.

If so, from now on we are left to start a return request if our tracking number shows delivered elsewhere in our same zip code or city, instead of an item not received refund request (which we will lose because tracking shows delivered).

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Looks like that's a broken link 😳

@american-photography 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply