cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hostile feedback after refund even though item hasn't been received by buyer.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

To clarify, do you mean hostile feedback received after refund even though the item hasn't been received by the seller?  Is this a return and you refunded prior to receiving it?  Or did the buyer ask to cancel and you refunded before the buyer received the item?  Not sure what you mean here.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

So why did you refund the buyer? 

Hard to comment without details of the transaction. 

I feel there are always three sides to these type of issues on the boards. 

What the buyer said happened. 

What the seller said happened. 

What really happened. 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@notesseller777,

Just because you gave a buyer a refund, does not mean they are happy.  Buyers tend to want the item they purchased, not refunds.  What went wrong with the transaction that caused you to give a refund instead of sending the item?  Since your buyer appears to be inexperienced, they may not have known where to look to see that you had refunded them, at the time they left the feedback.

You did yourself no favor with the reply you left for the feedback. Calling a buyer any sort of name does not make you look good, no matter how much trouble they were. If there was a reason you could not send the item, you should have apologized in the reply for not completing the transaction, not called them a "Hostile Buyer".

Comparitively, the buyer's feedback isn't all that hostile by ebay standards, though the comment appears angry. Had you left a reasonable reply, prospective buyers, might have passed off that comment as a newbie with issues.  Instead, they now see a seller who for some reason did not complete a transaction, and have tried to lay it off on the buyer. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Buyers want their stuff, not a refund.

Not getting an item is definitely at the top of the list of reasons to leave a neg.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Many sellers believe just giving a refund means the buyer should be happy.

As previously said, they just want their stuff.  In short, you have denied them the item, and as they searched for the item, read the description, checked out the pictures, decided whether or not to buy, for who knows how long, you have wasted their time, only to disappoint them and not send their item.  They may want to record their experience in negative feedback so other buyers can see this and to reflect their opinion of your performance. This may discourage them from buying again.

Sorry this happened to you.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

So you refunded because of an INR dispute.  Buyer was certainly within their rights to post negative feedback,regardless of whether or not you refunded.  Frankly, your reply does you no credit.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

When a buyer leaves a rant of a feedback comment, responding in kind is not the best strategy.  You wasted your reply on name-calling rather than factually stating the issue:  Did you ship the item and the carrier lost it (or messed up the tracking or whatever)?  Did the item get lost or damaged before attempting shipping?  Did the buyer request a refund?  Just saying you refunded without giving a reason leads the reader to assume the worst reasons.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Yes, buyer lived in Lake states and item was shipped,  I told them it was (free shipping)First class Forever stamp and that lake states according to USPS. Also this buyer had trashed other goid sellers and,I was not ripping them off. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I told them it was (free shipping)First class Forever stamp and that lake states according to USPS.

What are Lake States? New York? Michigan?

Doesn't First Class go everywhere in the USA for the same price? (like our Canada Post Letter Rate?)

I think this might mean that the seller shipped something with a single 'forever' stamp which is the lowest rate for the smallest letters and packages.

And maybe the buyer was charged more on his doorstep because the shipment weighed too much?

But if the seller shipped with Confirmation of Delivery, and the item was not received, then the buyer was right and the seller just got more wrong by leaving a hostile Response.

The ones who read Feedback are not other sellers and the customer was already unhappy.

The reader will be the future customer, who just backbuttoned out of there.

Buyers' names are masked.

Sellers' names are public.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Michigan, this buyer has had a record apparently of taking advantage of stamp users. I learned a expensive lesson and only sell lower priced items with first class stamp and all others are legal envelope to avoid giving items and money away in this type of popular scam.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

So you can't use Confirmation of Delivery on an envelope with a postage stamp?

Does this apply to all first class/letter rate mail?

As I say, I'm Canadian and we don't get a choice on confirmation, letter rates are not confirmed delivery and most parcel rates are.

I also don't understand the term 'legal envelope'. Is that a particular size as it is here in Canada (basically 8x14 to hold the old foolscap sizes) or do you mean the preprinted/prepaid envelopes for Priority Mail and the like?

Two countries separated by a common language, eh?

Have a Nanaimo Bar.

nanaimo bars.jpg

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I miss Nanaimo bars, butter tarts and poutine. Although I just found out I can buy really expensive St Hubert poutine sauce and bbq sauce online. Yum.

We are starting to see poutine show up on menus down here but I have no hope for St Hubert chicken

:o(

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Always use tracking, even with first class /forever. Always upload that tracking.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

So you can't use Confirmation of Delivery on an envelope with a postage stamp?

Does this apply to all first class/letter rate mail?

As I say, I'm Canadian and we don't get a choice on confirmation, letter rates are not confirmed delivery and most parcel rates are.

I also don't understand the term 'legal envelope'. Is that a particular size as it is here in Canada (basically 8x14 to hold the old foolscap sizes) or do you mean the preprinted/prepaid envelopes for Priority Mail and the like?

Two countries separated by a common language, eh?

Have a Nanaimo Bar.

nanaimo bars.jpg

No you can't track items mailed by first class letter unless you purchase tracking which usually costs more than the item shipped by stamp is worth this is why it is not advised to ship items worth more than 2 or 3 dollars by stamp because INR's are filed by a dishonest buyers who know the items are usually shipped without tracking and they can get items for free.

P.S. I know you are a long time seller so I'm sure most of this info is redunant.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply