cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

won auction-seller says did not sell for enough money

i won a auction with no reserve, i paid and within 2 hours received email saying it was not enough money, sorry. ask for immediate refund. Is this aganist ebay policy?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you ask for an immediate refund the seller will file with "buyer requested" and will not get a penalty.

This is against the rules but the only thing that happens is that the seller gets a defect and you can leave feedback. Ebay cannot force the seller to sell.

I think the general suggestion is to wait until the end of the delivery period and file an Item Not Received complaint.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you ask for an immediate refund the seller will file with "buyer requested" and will not get a penalty.

This is against the rules but the only thing that happens is that the seller gets a defect and you can leave feedback. Ebay cannot force the seller to sell.

I think the general suggestion is to wait until the end of the delivery period and file an Item Not Received complaint.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would not request a refund.  It is the seller's problem if the item didn't fetch what they expected.  I would wait until the finale day of the estimated delivery date and file INR the next day if the item hadn't arrived by then.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Seller wants you to ask for a refund so that they can avoid a defect.

Don't ask for one.  It is not your fault that the item did not get what the seller wanted.  They are supposed to list for what they want to get for the item.

You can message the seller, if you want, and say that ebay rules state you need to honor your obligation and ship as you want the item you bought.  Not shipping can have serious consequences against your selling privileges including the loss of selling privileges as this disappoints buyers and erodes their trust in eBay and sellers.  Seller earned a very serious defect for this.

Maybe they will re-consider.  If not, file the INR claim after the last date in the estimated delivery time frame.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply