cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best offers and shopping cart

Ran into a question. Say I have ten items in my shopping cart, all from the same seller. I plan to combine shipping, however I need to place several best offers before I do this. How do I go about getting everything on the same page in the end - quantities of each item I wanted to purchase with our without best offers and having all the shipping combined??? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@per50nl_5,

First remove the items from the cart, and add them to your watch list.  Once you add an item to the cart, that has a Buy It Now (BIN) price, when you go to request a total from the seller you have to commit to buy at the BIN price.  Do not add BIN items w/ Best Offer to the cart until a best offer has been accepted. Then the accepted offer price shows up in the cart. 

From your watch list, go through the process of Making Offers.  If the seller accepts any of your offers, then the item will show up at that price.  Also read everything in the seller's listings, to see if they already have combined shipping rules set up, or to see if they say they will combine shipping. It is not a requirement that a seller has to combine shipping, so if there is no mention of them doing that in their listings, contact them first. 

If they have combined shipping rules

Example: buy 1 item pay $X for shipping, for each additional add $Y to the original cost.

That is automatically calculated at check out.

Once you have worked everything out with the seller, you can commit to buy each item, and in your purchase history all of their items will show up in one box.  From there, you can request a total from the seller.

Using the cart can save some time and effort. However, the cart has glitches, and if you keep a bunch of items in it for days, the may not be able to be removed if negotiations fail.  Also placing items in the cart, does not hold them for you. They are still available for sale, to the first person to pay.

If an item you have saved in the cart is an auction with a BIN price, if a bid comes in, then the item is supposed to be removed from the cart automatically, and you then have to bid on it.  Plain auction items cannot be added to the cart.  It does not work with them.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/cart.html

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Also, many sellers, myself included do combine shipping but do it manually to give the buyer the best shipping deal possible and also to keep the seller safe from not charging enough at times.  I sell a number of items that are first class shipping for that item but once you start adding anything else to it, the weight automatically moves it to Priority Mail for the best price or how much is saved by putting it all in a flat rate box etc.  So I suggest always contacting the seller first to get that information, because it is not always going to be the same in the cart.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply