cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and where within ebay do I find a return label for the buyer?

I'm asking the buyer to return the item for their refund, but have searched all over ebay to find where to get a return label so I can receive the item and then refund them. Where exactly is the return label found? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: How and where within ebay do I find a return label for the buyer?

@drwho534 

The BUYER has to file a Return Request.

Read this: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

*lady*madonna*
Volunteer Ebay Community Mentor

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@drwho534 

In order to provide a Return shipping label, the buyer needs to file a Return Request on Ebay.

*lady*madonna*

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

The easiest way is to have the buyer go to his/her Purchase history, locate the item. Click on RETURN THIS ITEM because it is Not as Described. S/he will need to click on More to see that option. The seller will need to provide a prepaid shipping label for its return. The buyer prints out the label, affixes it to the box, and has the counter clerk scan the label. When tracking shows DELIVERED back to the seller, the seller needs to refund the buyer within 2 days. If no refund, the buyer goes back to the case and clicks on Ask ebay to step in, to force the refund.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

How do I go about providing the buyer with a 'return shipping label'?  Where and how do I get that?

Told the buyer 'just return the item and I will refund'....do I need to start a 'return request' first???? (haven't done any of this before and I find ebay's information confusing).

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@drwho534 

The BUYER has to file a Return Request.

Read this: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115

*lady*madonna*

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks 'lady' madonna!....just wasn't sure how to go about this correctly. If only ebay would simplify their answers instead of listing several various steps and options while not directly answering the question.  Gratefully appreciate your response.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hi again, just wondering will I be notified in any way by ebay that the buyer has actually initiated a return for refund? I realize I could just ask the buyer but I don't want to 'ruffle their feathers' so to speak.....or do I just wait to see if the item arrives? (Note: no refund has yet been made.) Thanks.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@drwho534 wrote:

Hi again, just wondering will I be notified in any way by ebay that the buyer has actually initiated a return for refund? I realize I could just ask the buyer but I don't want to 'ruffle their feathers' so to speak.....or do I just wait to see if the item arrives? (Note: no refund has yet been made.) Thanks.

@drwho534 

Are you asking if you will be notified if the buyer has started a Return Request or if they have shipped the item back to you?

Either way you will be notified and you can see the status of the buyer's return request by going to your Returns Dashboard in your Seller Hub:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/ovw

*lady*madonna*

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yes .... just wanted to know if I should be expecting a notification from ebay during this process to indicate that the buyer has proceeded to return the item for a refund? I'm assuming that will also tell me if the buyer is actually returning the item?  I will check the returns dashboard as suggested, thank you, much appreciated.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Again .... just checked as suggested but there is nothing there? When notified by the buyer asking if I would provide either a partial refund, or return the item for full refund I told the buyer to return the item for a full refund, that was a week ago ....  and yet no indication yet from ebay that a refund request has been initiated by the buyer? I guess I just wait to hear from ebay? 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@drwho534 

You wait until you are notified that the buyer has filed a Return Request.

*lady*madonna*

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thankyou Lady Madonna .... sorry for the continual questions,  just needed some final clarification as it's a first for me.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply