Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is this a new type of scamming?

So I bought a banknote from the seller @the_banknote_vault today. I made the payment properly, covered all the cost without any problem And then this guy came up and said he will not give me any tracking BECAUSE I HAVE A LOW FEEDBACK, which is bull**...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fraud.

I recently opened a box from a seller. The printer cartridges were ALL empty. It looks as though they were packaged to be recycled. When confronting the seller, I was told they were outside of the return window. (Purchased Feb. 7) Not even a hint of ...

Fake tracking number uploaded for letter instead of actual item

I recently purchased an item that was represented as being sold in the USA. I was sent a letter and the tracking of the letter was uploaded as the tracking for the item. The letter also contains what looks like a URL that could contain malware. After...

Resolved! I didn't receive it

Ebay says that if a purchased item didn't arrive, go to the item in purchases then...Select More actions beside the item and then I didn't receive it.But "I didn't receive it" isn't an option under More Actions. How do I proceed?

Why does eBay Tax Shipping and Handling Fees?

I'm a very active eBay buyer and recently I looked into the 'sales tax' that eBay charges. It turns out that eBay not only taxes the item sales price, but also adds in the shipping and handling charges prior to calculating sales tax. I believe this n...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Item to US arrived damaged; seller states I need to contact Global shipping myself

I ordered an item from a seller in Europe which arrived damaged. The box it was shipped in did not appear to be sturdy enough to withstand shipping and it arrived partially collapsed at the top, taped side of the box. I recorded the opening of the bo...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay search engine algorithm changed to be too general: PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!

Some time during the past week or so eBay has changed its search engine algorithm so that anyone searching for a specific item will get hundreds of results instead of the few that actually apply. This has the result of frustrating potential buyers an...

defective ebay card

I bought an ebay gift card that does not work, the store that I purchased it - won't issue a replacement or refund, is there anything else that I can try?

MYSTERY: Purchased item listing now only visible to buyer & no longer searchable by item number.

I recently purchased an item and paid for it with PP. Shortly thereafter, the seller deleted the item listing. Now the original item listing is ONLY available to me, the buyer, through my purchased items list. Searching for the item number no longer ...

Defective EBay gift cards - missing redemption code

Purchased an EBay gift card and upon scratch-off the redemption code was removed. I did not “accidentally” scratch off anything. The instructions are to scratch the panel on the back. Period. If the redemption code scratches off, it’s a defective car...

New feedback form

Am I correct in understanding that you can no longer leave feedback for a buyer without rating the merits of the item you purchased? In other words, if you buy, say, a book, you have to read it and decide how much you liked it before you can assess t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 18 replies
  • 2 helpful

Need Quality/Secure Packaging as a Feedback Category

Has there been any serious discussion from ebay of adding a feedback category about the quality/security of packaging? When buying, I would much rather have that info than any of the current four categories (except maybe accurate description). I am a...

Do eBay charge £10 to issue a refund?

Hi, Bought 2 tyres yesterday and the deal was free postage or fitting. I ended up only needing one and the guy said he would issue a refund for 50% the total value. They have now charged me £10 for issuing the refund and are saying that is the charge...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors