cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud.

I recently opened a box from a seller. The printer cartridges were ALL empty. It looks as though they were packaged to be recycled. When confronting the seller, I was told they were outside of the return window. (Purchased Feb. 7)  Not even a hint of remorse. Have I officially been scammed or is there a recourse to this injustice?

Thanks!

Charlie

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Fraud.

eBay's Money Back Guarantee is available to you for up to 30 days after delivery. So, yes, eBay can no longer help you.

If you paid through PayPal you have 180 days ( 6months) to file a chargeback for not as described items. If you paid by credit card you may have the same time frame to file a chargeback through the card.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Fraud.

@ebooksdiva wrote:

eBay's Money Back Guarantee is available to you for up to 30 days after delivery. So, yes, eBay can no longer help you.

If you paid through PayPal you have 180 days ( 6months) to file a chargeback for not as described items. If you paid by credit card you may have the same time frame to file a chargeback through the card.  

Paypal is changing its policies later this month. They now only cover items not as described for 30 days past delivery. Only items not received still have coverage for 180 days. So @hausercp2012 you'll need to open a case quickly.

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/upcoming-policies-full

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Fraud.

@hausercp2012 

Why did you wait over 3 months to verify that the items were as described? 

What date were they delivered? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Fraud.

Because it's toner. I have toner that I bought over a year ago waiting to be used.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Fraud.

Buyers must inspect purchases right away.  There are time limits.    If you purchased by credit card, contact your card company.  They have the longest time limits.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Fraud.

You're right, absolutely!! This one is on me, for sure. What irritates me is the "too late, too bad" attitude of Bullseye. I learned an expensive lesson for myself and, hopefully, set an example of what not to do for others.......

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Fraud.

Next time buy from Amazon…🤷

Message 8 of 8
latest reply