Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Captains Chairs - era ? description ?

I've got these captain's chairs that I really like ... great workmanship, solid and really comfortable. But I'll be moving in 6 months and between places and ... well if they were worth a lot of money I might sell them. I've spent over an hour lookin...

20180115_140852.jpg

Need some information about this tribal artifact, I haven't a clue

Hello. I have this 3.5" tall tribal looking artifact. It could be vintage it could be years old, I am totally clueless. It appears to be a very hard material, not carved wood. The hole in the top would suggest a pipe of some sort, but then again, how...

Help to ID Vintage Christmas Ornament

Hi - I have a lot of vintage Christmas ornaments from the mid-1940s to mid-1950s that my grandmother had collected and I have always had around when growing up. With no children, it is time to downsize and I was wondering if anyone could help identif...

tiger1.jpg tiger3.jpg tiger2.jpg
User avatar by Scout
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Help identifying a chair

After scouring the internet, my search has come up empty. I can't find a similiar chair like mine anywhere. I am hoping that someone on here may help tell me anything about this chair. All I know is that it reclines and has a spring under each armres...

Antiques Survey, please help

Hi Everyone, I'm a UX design student working on a project that is aimed towards helping several small local antique shops break into the online market. I've made a short 2 minute questionnaire to help gather some data. If anyone here could fill it ou...

antique vase

Marseille faience??Can someone help me identify this vase  

IMG_0068.JPG

Help identifying wht these two items are?

Hello,We were hoping someone could help us identify what these two items are. The top and bottom are made from wood - the body is made from bone. The bone is inscribed with some sort of chart / calendar ?????? Each one has a serpent / snake on it wit...

SAM_1716.JPG SAM_1721.JPG SAM_1722.JPG SAM_1723.JPG

vintage lamp

Going to estate sale this weekend looking for info in this lamp.

Questions about selling mirror

When I bought this mirror on ebay in 2005 from a UK seller, the title of the ad was “Original Art Deco Oval Gilt Wall Mirror”. Is “Original Art Deco” a fair description? Now I’d like to sell it, but am not sure how to write the ad, as I don’t know an...

mirror_frame_detail.JPG mirror_full_photo.JPG
User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

please indentiy the object

HI Guys,I have a metal object on one side lion's head with text silver wave and on other side c.p.k fne quality have been written. if anyone please share your knowledge. thank you

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Chinese plate

Can someone tell me how old this is please . Thanks 

User avatar by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can anybody tell me how old this coal scuttle is?

This scuttle was sitting by my great grandparents fireplace for well over 30 years, but nobody in the family knows exactly how old it is. We found a listing that looked like this one, but not exactly, so we used the category and such to list it. I wo...

Is this a 1600's pewter mark? Crown over Rose on 7-1/4"

Can anyone tell me if this is a 1600's pewter mark? It looks like a Crown over a Rose, found on the underside of a 7-1/4 inch diameter pewter plate or shallow bowl which weighs 12 ounces. First picture shows the underside with a inset blow up of the ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors