Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

What is this 9" carved stone? Jade? Chinese? Trivet?

Hi, I am hoping someone might know what this is? My first thought is a trivet, it measures 9"diameter. The design is dragons, perhaps Chinese? First though was Mayan but now I don't think so. Last, what is the stone? Is it jade, some sort of onyx? An...

IMG_4052.jpg IMG_4055.JPG IMG_4056.JPG IMG_4057.jpg
User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Heinrich Songbird pattern China

Hi! I was wondering if anybody knows how long Songbird was produced? I know it was introduced in 1927. I have started a new set for my kitchen use. I love the cups with their Grecian cup handles. I once saw an original dept. store ad for the dishes o...

Strange Chinese Metal thing

Hello everyone,I have an old piece here that I need help with.No one seems to know what this thing is.I think it's bronze, it's Chinese, it's about 4 inches across and is made to sit on a flat table.When it is sitting on a flat surface it's slightly ...

Please identify this Chinese teapot

Hi,Any info on this teapot would be much appreciated! I have been looking everywhere for almost a year to no avail, and I am getting quite frustrated..

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Wanting help to Identify antique Brass? clock FRENCH

This belongs to my father in law, we do not know much about the clock other than it is french, that is what he told me...He has been a clock collector for many years...and this one he does not know much about..please and thank you!

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

antique weapon

what is this called, and value? Thanks

IMG_2563.JPG
User avatar by Rising Star
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Antique table

Any ideas on age and what this is actually called. I am guessing 19th century, but not exactly what it was used for.

ChroModern Ornate Iron Chairs and Table

How can I find information on the value of this table and chair set? It appears they were manufacted in the 1960's (ChroModern Chair, Co in California). They have the original finish, and obviosly some issues with uphosltery.

IMG_3746.jpg IMG_3747.jpg LmuUe25.jpg

Resolved! Antique Cosmo Sewing Machine

Hello, I picked up an antique sewing machine and I can't seem to find any information on and I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. The name on the machine is Cosmo. A serial number is on it as well. It has a Hamilton Beach motor and also cam...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Age of China Cabinet?

Hoping some furniture experts can tell me the age of this china cabinet....My mother recently moved to a small retirement apartment so I rescued the china cabinet. I know she got it from her aunt's house when the aunt died. My great aunt lived in the...

User avatar by Scout
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Vintage Dresser?

Both are same color as the 12 drawer Dresser just different lighting and different phone

38500.jpeg 38516.jpeg
User avatar by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors