Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petition to Remove Star System

140 REPLIES 140

Re Petition to Remove Star System

bluesbrowneyes
Enthusiast
thank you for posting the link, I added my 2 cents.
Photobucket
Message 16 of 141
latest reply

hastychatter
Enthusiast
Thanks for the link ms*patricia. I voted .... hope I'm not too late! I really dislike this new setup. Makes me want to go to 'private' feedback. Mary Ann
Message 17 of 141
latest reply

mary ann,don't do that! i'm being told that private feedback sellers are going to be eliminated soon!i'm off to post my 2 cents!!! -- pull the string!-bela lugosi
Message 18 of 141
latest reply

artful*paper*doll
Enthusiast
Jillian, I kind of like the stars to be honest with you. I'm not as experienced of a seller so I like seeing the e-mails when I get a new color. Some might think the novelty of this has worn off which I understand but those of us who need the extra encouragement might still need it. I think the issue is benign and not worth the energy when there might be a more worthwhile issue to persue. I just thought I would represent others who might be bashful about voicing an opinion against this. This is not meant to be offensive to others so I hope none is taken. I think you are doing a great job here. Just thought I would mention that. ;-) -- Cheers! = ] Kellie Paper Cat Designs
Message 19 of 141
latest reply

hastychatter
Enthusiast
316barri ~~~~ Eliminated? That sounds ominous! Seriously, I buy more than I sell and I really really dislike any and everyone being able to view what I purchase and from whom. To be frank, it's none of their business. I understand the importance of feedback, but the details rile me. I probably sound testy .... sorry .... but it seems to me that Ebay is taking the 'openess' a bit to far with this new system. Besides, the 'was the shipping reasonable' is ridiculous .... almost always the shipping costs are listed and if you don't like it, contact the seller and negotiate or don't bid. Now, everyone have a happy and wonderful evening! 🙂
Message 20 of 141
latest reply

Kelli, Do you know the star system we are talking about - the 5 gold stars for different categories? This is a new thing from ebay. If you don't have full stars you can't participate in ebay promotions like the current no-fees for September for listing at 9.99 - also, as we are finding, we are getting tarnished stars for 'no' reason - like if we ship a few days later than others, or if the PO takes a long time to deliver. It is so unfair- perhaps you'll see if you read the thread. Can you see where your stars are 'tarnished' with edges off them? I'll go look... -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider N/A - ask me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 21 of 141
latest reply

I looked. Kelli, you're doing REALLY well. But you do have a tarnished star for 'shipping charges' - you'll need a manifier, but it's top right side. I'm not picking on you, but showing you, as mine is worse than yours. I charge for shipping charges and small packaging - and make NOTHING - and still I get a 'dinged' star - probably because I don't post in a 41 cent envelope! *sigh* If sellers have to get stars then so should buyers ... and that ain't gunna happen! Totally unfair! -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider N/A - ask me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 22 of 141
latest reply

It's the RATING star system we are talking about, not the colored stars awarded for each level of feedback. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider N/A - ask me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 23 of 141
latest reply

artful*paper*doll
Enthusiast
Yes, I did see the tarnished star that I have. People are entitled to their opinions. Some buyers are not familiar with what it actually takes to ship items out and how much that really costs the seller. All they can see is the price of the postage stamp. They don't take into consideration the price of the box, the tissue you so carefully packed the item in, the envelope and the paper their certificate of authenticity was printed on, the gas and time it cost you to drive the package to the post office. I do think some sellers charge an outrageoulsy redicioulous price for shipping that is absolutely unnecessary and they should be dinged for it especially when their items arrive damaged to the customer who has to repair the damage themselves! What I think is unfair is for eBay to penalize based on less than 100% positive as this is unrealistic. Don't petition eBay to get rid of the ratings, petition eBay to equate their standards with reality. I do think sellers should be held accountable for their product, communication, shipping and the like. If the sellers can't handle getting criticism, they should not be selling. Tarnished starts for what the seller might think is trivial is not trivial to the customer and pleasing the customer is what brings them back to us. -- Cheers! = ] Kellie Paper Cat Designs
Message 24 of 141
latest reply

artful*paper*doll
Enthusiast
Sorry about the typos in the last post. I hate to have errors in my work. Guess I need to proof read a little better. :-p -- Cheers! = ] Kellie Paper Cat Designs
Message 25 of 141
latest reply

Kellie, sorry I spelt your name wrong. Sorry, I didn't think you were talking about the same system. Yes, it is unfair. I definitely have to agree that if it's for sellers, then needs to be for buyers. I certainly have some I'd love to give less than 5 stars to. People are now charging LESS than costs to post, just so that they won't get dinged - SO unfair as if you don't charge shipping this gives ebay extra fees as final value of auction, instead of exempt - so costs us more. And if the post office is bad in delivery time, we still take the brunt of it. To add insult to this all, sellers get penalized by not being able to get the selling promotions. Buyers still can buy away at their hearts content, paying however, and whenever they like. -- ~Jillian artist, Jillian Crider N/A - ask me!
~Jillian

artist, Jillian Crider

... google me!
Message 26 of 141
latest reply

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
"Tarnished starts for what the seller might think is trivial is not trivial to the customer and pleasing the customer is what brings them back to us." Sorry, but I can't agree with this. I have many times shipped at the EXACT shipping price, with postage clearly on the package, and been dinged for shipping charges. That's not trivial, that's ignorant. The buyer failed to read the auction terms, or failed to look at the postage on the package, and the seller should suffer for this? Anyone who would ruin my seller feedback because they didn't read the listing is a buyer that I don't WANT back.
Message 27 of 141
latest reply

artful*paper*doll
Enthusiast
Kathy, You won't always see positive feedback. As a seller, you should warm up to this idea and quickly. This is the nature of being a seller. If you thoroughly read my post you would understand that buyers are not always educated in what it takes you to ship. I said that they buyer only sees what the price of the postage stamp is and not the price of the packaging materials, the trips to the post office etc. Getting rid of a feedback system so you can reflect 100% positive feedback is not realistic. -- Cheers! = ] Kellie Paper Cat Designs
Message 28 of 141
latest reply

artful*paper*doll
Enthusiast
Jillian, I did think you were talking about a different rating system but we are on the same page now and I apologize for that. As for rating the buyers, I adore my buyers. I communicate as much as possible with them in order to avoid problems and I guess my ratings reflect that. I've run into sellers who don't communicate at all with their buyers. That's not acceptable to me. I would really like to rate sellers who plagairize my work and try to pass it off as their own. That is something that would be worthwhile to me. -- Cheers! = ] Kellie Paper Cat Designs
Message 29 of 141
latest reply

lorinda22
Enthusiast
Hi everyone, When I am buying I do not consider a bit of tarnished star, but I would look at two tarnished stars! I think we should look at the system that way. I think everyone that sells has a little tarnish, but that is not the point. Alot of tarnish is what counts. We should look at the with more reflection. Sherry
Message 30 of 141
latest reply