cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

If you mis represent an item, just because you put "no returns" does not preclude you from having the item returned. If you did not mis represent, then I agree with you that it should not have been allowed.

Message 211 of 327
latest reply

One thing to Note:

If you accept returns, the buyer can return it for any reason during your return period, including, "I found a better price, so I am returing it".

Under the Buyer Protection from Ebay, the Buyer cannot return the item for "I found a better price".  So it looks like to me the Buyer Protection is the way to go because an item has to have some reason, other than a Buyer Remorse.  

I just got a return on a item that sold at a 7-Day auction for over $600.  The winning bidder paid and I shipped the item.  As soon as he got it another seller had a similar watch that he offered to sell him for less, so he just returned my watch for the reason, "Found a better price", sorry sending watch back.  

So the Bidding done by a Buyer is not really binding at all, as stated by Ebay bidding rules.

Message 212 of 327
latest reply

Had the same problem happening to me Ebay took customer side they offered her refund together with post cost,sign for,I never received item back!
Message 213 of 327
latest reply

After 19 years on ebay I now sell at the flea markets and on Craigs list from May until October because of all the scamming on ebay. I have been scammed 4 times on ebay once for $1700. and another for $500. the other 2 were under $100.  I only use ebay for the Christmas season when the flea markets are closed. I am in the business of selling not renting. Ebay is now a place for buyers to rent not buy so sellers beware. I sold my boat on Craigs list saved $80. for the ebay fees and it sold within 24 hours. I do not have to worry about someone using my boat for the summer then filing a claim and returning it because they do not want to store it for the winter.

Message 214 of 327
latest reply

This thread is more applicable now than ever, because with eBay's new return policy, the seller has no right whatsoever. Sellers are forced the accept a return, and forced to pay return shipping. There is nothing you can do if you are scammed. I can't imagine anyone would be willing to risk selling anything of value here. Be aware what you signed up for.

Message 215 of 327
latest reply

When you say "no returns accepted", eBay basically replies: "You WILL take returns crammed down your throat, all the while kissing the buyers butt, with a smile on your face, and a song in your heart"!

If  you don't accept the return, eBay will make you pay the buyer back anyway, and let them keep your item.  Maybe...maybe, if they made you pay the buyer back but first confirmed the buyer shipped the item back, it might be semi-fair.  Maybe.

But, nope...us seller will lose every time.  And we can't leave negative feedback on the buyer.  If you try to leave positive feeback, and rant on how the buyer ripped you off, eBay will remove that feedback.

Don't expect better treament over at Amazon either.  They basically have the same policy.  You will be out your item, out the shipping cost,  out the return shipping, and the buyer can send the item back broken in 100 pieces.  Or not send it back at all.

Message 216 of 327
latest reply

Same **bleep** just happened to me. Top it all off I have to pay for return shipping! Im done selling on ebay! Going to amazon

Message 217 of 327
latest reply

Add us to the list of VERY unhappy sellers. Once ebay is done charging us for a very expensive pair of earrings a buyer "borrowed" for a month and now is returning -No Returns- stated in listing we are closing out our ebay account and will never ever consider getting another one.
Got quite a lesson in the fact that ebay spent exactly 7 seconds "reviewing" the case including the 5 lengthy messages between the buyer and us. What a scam!
Message 218 of 327
latest reply

The same thing happened with me on two auctions the buyer bidded On them she won the auctions- Got them right away and then sheJust eBay for a refund saying it was not the item described. By choosing this option the seller can’t really comment. I contacted her thinking maybe I did pack up the wrong thing but she confirmed oh it was the right thing she just doesn’t like it. I did everything the eBay asked of me in terms of responding and trying to work it out with the seller the seller left me horrible feedback tell me I’m a worthless Byron was I in sane and I’ll kinds of stuff and when I asked eBay to help me with her they quickly responded back that they are initiating a refund for her. It makes me crazy it is so unfair and she bullied me and she won and got to leave me bad feedback

Message 219 of 327
latest reply

I found this to be very true. I'm not happy with ebay or paypal at all.
Message 220 of 327
latest reply

@bargainstore7780

Hi bargain. Is there anything we can help you with? The thread is 5 years old, so the information given is not likely in use anymore.

If you have questions or concerns you can start a new topic. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 221 of 327
latest reply

My option was to file complaints with both ebay and paypal.
I will also be writing to CEO"s of both compaines.

They just lost a big seller on ebaywith me!

Message 222 of 327
latest reply

Best advice I can offer as someone that usually runs most auction items as no return - if it has issues, use all 12 photographs, photo everything wrong and then follow up the photographs with a description that tells everything wrong. I tend to beat up worse the bits I don't want back in my descriptions. It severely reduces expectations of the buyers. The minus side - I don't get as much $'s for the item as some. The plus side has been people don't ask to return the bits and many are happy enough with what they bought to leave me a an Plus sign on the feedback 🙂

Really, you have to make sure you list all the defects you know of and still be prepared to accept the item back if the buyer is disappointed in what they received.

Stinkers, but how it goes in todays eBay.

Cheers
Message 223 of 327
latest reply

In my description it says sell as is how can buyer return when I state as is

Message 224 of 327
latest reply

@micpri-21 wrote:

In my description it says sell as is how can buyer return when I state as is

Because 'as-is' and 'no-returns' don't mean the same thing as 'no refunds', and when you clicked yes on the eBay user agreement, you agreed to abide by the eBay money back guarantee policy.  You're bound to it, if you sell here.  If someone files a claim that the item was not as described, you WILL refund it, you have no choice.  This is why you must mention EVERY little defect if an item has any, and you must take as many photos as possible, and make sure those photos are clear, high quality photos that show good detail.

Message 225 of 327
latest reply