cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

I am one of these buyers whom for all intents and purposes wanted the item but the item can not be repaired. I purchased a cell phone with the screen in rough shape and thought I could repaire it but after doing some research there is no replacement part. I contacted the seller whom had provided a tracking number but hadnt shipped it yet. I asked for a refund because of said issue and he told me too late I dropped it off at the post office which I know is a flat out lie a day later and its still in preshipment mode. He said no buyer remorse and to returns accepted which I told him I had no buyer remorse its just that the listing states repairable when it is not so SNAD. This seller is being a hard head since I know for a fact he could just refund but wont and he knows he hasnt actually shipped the item since he doesnt refute that. Oh well I will have to wait my time and open a SNAD claim. Sellers like this one shouldnt be selling on EBay. I gave him the opratunity to refund and he still chooses not to.

Message 196 of 327
latest reply

THE SAID TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS EBAY DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO HAVE A NO RETURN POLICY EVEN IF YOU STATE NO RETURNS ACCEPTED ON YOUR LISTING.  BUYERS AND SELLERS ARE TREATED LIKE  LITTLE CHILDREN AND HAVE NO OPTION TO PURCHASE OR SELL AT THEIR OWN RISK. IF BUYERS LIES AND SAYS ITEMS NOT AS DESCIRBED SELLLER WILL AUTOMATICLALY LOSE THE CASE.  ITS A HEAVON FOR FRAUD AND CORRUPTION, STRAIGHT MAFIA.  MANY OF US LOVE EBAY AND MOST OF THE EBAY BUYERS ARE HONEST SO PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND MAY GOOD BLESSINGS BE ON YOUR SIDE. HAVE A PROSPHEROUS DAY.SL

PortableWealth
Message 197 of 327
latest reply

@pureprostate-9wrote:

I am one of these buyers whom for all intents and purposes wanted the item but the item can not be repaired. I purchased a cell phone with the screen in rough shape and thought I could repaire it but after doing some research there is no replacement part. I contacted the seller whom had provided a tracking number but hadnt shipped it yet. I asked for a refund because of said issue and he told me too late I dropped it off at the post office which I know is a flat out lie a day later and its still in preshipment mode. He said no buyer remorse and to returns accepted which I told him I had no buyer remorse its just that the listing states repairable when it is not so SNAD. This seller is being a hard head since I know for a fact he could just refund but wont and he knows he hasnt actually shipped the item since he doesnt refute that. Oh well I will have to wait my time and open a SNAD claim. Sellers like this one shouldnt be selling on EBay. I gave him the opratunity to refund and he still chooses not to.

With regard to cell phones, there is a cell phone repair place next door to the music store I work at.  His #1 service is repairing phones that Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and the other service providers tell him can't be repaired.  There are ALWAYS parts available if you look hard enough.  He repaired the last phone I had and it had been off the market for 5 years.  Took him  a couple days to track the part down and get it ordered, but he was able to do so.  I suggest keep looking for your part, you'll find it.  SOMEone will have a new-old-stock one hanging around that they'd like to sell.

Message 198 of 327
latest reply

I agree because of this year in Feb. 2018, I sold an idiot my laptop and he wanted a refund after almost a month of having the item. Now I have a negative amount on my PayPal account. This fool still has not returned the item. I can see that PayPal has a hold on the payment because the buyer won't finish the process of returning the item back. I swear I will never sell anything else on eBay again. Too many creepy and scammers on this site. People sell your stuff elsewhere especially if you are a part seller like myself.  I have negative feedback from this buyer and his lies. eBay just let all this happens without even asking if they buyer to send back the item if they are unhappy. This site sucks. Beware of this buyer named gigiforce, he is what they say buys items and then tries to get his money back and try to keep the product to and make negative comments on your site. Watch out for him because I will never sell anything else on eBay because of this buyer.

Message 199 of 327
latest reply

i'm sure it has been said....BUT... YOU are using Ebay site, policies/procedures...YOU don't own the site, did not make the rules, do not have a right to change what the policies are.....

so with that said.... there are some, but few categories...items that ebay will back a seller's no returns...but very few and for reason like health requirememnts...and maybe another reason 

BUT a seller saying NO RETURNS doesn't mean they don't have to refund the buyer in many cases...

and if you don't want it returned to you...YOU STILL HAVE TO REFUND, returns and refund are two different things.

OH, you say, yes  that's why "RETURN FOR REFUND" - often this stops scammer and buyer trying things to go away.... and if they do...and it resellable- you can.... if it really was broke or damaged ...then as a selling busines, wouldn't you refund? called good customer service.

ebay's policies are stated...and yes no one reads them...and yes the listings allow you to put "no returns"... BECAUSE in some cases that is true, and in some cases the item is not worth being returned, but still may deserve a refund... buyers have rights...and seller can't change that...and being "fair" well it sides with buyers because that is how business generally works...and ebay is a business...

so not trying to be brutally honest, but be sure to re all the policies and procedures and really know what it means.... and if you start your selling site, you can have any policy and enforce it anyway you want...for now you use ebay as written.

Message 200 of 327
latest reply

@inspiredbylovewrote:

So. Ow he sends me another message telling me that he would be happy with a. Partial refund after he mentions that it’s of no use to him, I misrepresented a NEW ITEM IN A SEALED PACKAGE!  Tell me how I misrepresented a NEW IN PACKAGE ITEM???

YET, he’s willing to work with me on a partial refund!  Some people have a lot of nerve!

I dont block lightly or easily but I had one nutjob who messaged me REPEATEDLY to confirm that the phone I was selling was new, had the original box, came with the books, the charger, etc. NO NONE OF THAT was true or ever mentioned in the listing - FOR AN OLD USED FLIP PHONE.  Not worth the trouble so i blokced him.  I was NOT going to guarantee anything more than what I said in the listing.  Just the phone with scratches, the charger that I currently had for it, no books or box.  Just give him teh partial $1 refund and be done with it.

Message 201 of 327
latest reply

Oh yeah some want all kinds of warranties and guarantees but sure are hardcore about only paying the price of a used one.  Sorry but you want all that, you need to buy new in a store and PAY accordingly.

Message 202 of 327
latest reply

Ebay has the best money-back policy in the world !!! Why have Ebay best money-back policy in the world??? Because all refunds are paying sellers !!! It's a brilliant system where you can guarantee people anything, and you do not have any losses.

As someone has said in the previous post. The key to successful business on Ebay is to be able to respond to customer complaints correctly and have know how negotiate. If the customer is decent, you will agreement with him. If is customer scamer so you can write him what you want and prove what you want, but Ebay always refund money this scamer.

Message 203 of 327
latest reply

I'm a buyer in a similar case.  The idea is 1) that no returns accepted does not mean no refunds made, and 2) that if everyone, say, bought a dress and returned it, Ebay wouldn't be considered a reliable entity for buyers.

Message 204 of 327
latest reply

the exact same thing just happened to me. all my listings clearly state that no returns are accepted. I am furious. ebay is just stealing from sellers.

related: ebay never emailed me to let me know the buyer had even requested a return.

Message 205 of 327
latest reply

Thats the problem with doing buisness.Not with ebay but with peopl. You have to honor returns because we are the business .......Thats life with doing buisness ......... customers are always right when you sell cheap product's and there are alot of scammers ....that's when you becomejudge and jury and you have to decide *....... 

Message 206 of 327
latest reply

I’ve just found out the hard way that eBay is a total joke. A customer ordered the wrong part and now I’m on the hook for the freight to and from the buyer which is more than the part cost. ($36) as they back up the buyer 100% no questions asked. The seller has no rights with eBay as the money is deducted from your PayPal account immediately without any recourse. I’m going to stop selling on eBay unfortunately as they have taken this posture!
Message 207 of 327
latest reply

My story:

I just sold a "For parts or not working" item with the following description:

"NO REMOTE...ALL THAT IS INCLUDED IS THE UNIT, POWER CORD AND A/V CABLE.

POWERS ON, USED TO WORK, intended for MAC operating systems but can be used with Windows (However, you need drivers and some tech smarts to do all of that). As stated, this used to work and probably still does but that is not guaranteed. Since I can't show you this in full operation, it is being sold "for parts/repair/as-is." Cosmetically, this is decent...no major wear of any kind but it is used so it is not mint. See pictures for more details, please. Thanks and happy shopping!"

I also had the following return policy: "Seller does not accept returns"

Well, my buyer (who may or may not be illiterate OR knows that Sellers have ZERO rights here...or so it feels) opened a "not as described" case with a descriptor that mentioned NOTHING about the item description. Instead, the buyer whined about allegedly trying to return the item but not having been given access to a return label. Gee...WHY would THAT be? Because of the "no returns" policy!

So, because all of this was and remains weird; I called Ebay customer service and ran a Q & A with them regarding seller protection. They were VERY nice and seemed to be fair-minded, even taking note of the buyer's failure to actually read my description or notice my "no return" policy. 

Well, a couple of hours pass and I get a message saying I opened a case...which I did not. All I did was send the buyer a note detailing "no returns" means precisely that. Next thing you know; EBAY SIDES WITH THE BUYER, telling me to wait till this buyer sends me back the item in question and; once I get it back; BAM...they get their money back!

This is INSANE! WHY even bother to give sellers an option for "no returns" or to sell things as "for parts or not working" items when we have ZERO seller protection? Essentially, this all comes down to contracts. Buyers read and enter into an agreeement with sellers when they choose to buy items here and, once that choice has been made; they are supposed to be locked into said contract. I am a fair-minded seller, always have been, always will be (check my feedback) and IF the item in question here arrived damaged (TRULY NOT AS DESCRIBED); I would have offered a refund. 

BUT, as sellers....key word...SELLERS...NOT A RENTAL AGENCY....most of us cannot afford to play these games with "renters" of our items. This is an ABSOLUTE OUTRAGE and exemplifies all that is wrong with this slanted website. I DO NOT pay for listings and my store to be ripped off like this! Changes MUST be made to protect the seller base or there will be an exodus that feeds the pig that is Amazon even further. If EBAY wants to play the game of coddling rotten buyers, then THEY should pay out of pocket to do so! Why should we, the near-paranoid-level sellers be required to pick up the slack for badly managed business with false options granted to the seller base? 

Ok, enough typed and this has happened to me several times. However, this time I thought they tightened their game a bit when my buyer was not immediately granted access to printing a return label...which is how it SHOULD BE on a no-returns item! But NOOOOO!!!! This company is one-sided and I wouldn't mind that IF they didn't give us these fake options of "no returns."

Ebay, you've GOT to level the playing field between buyer and seller protection. Buyers need to grow up and learn to read and accept good and bad when it comes down to buying items online just as much as we sellers do. I AM OPEN, HONEST, LOYAL AND PROFESSIONAL...Let's see Ebay try that..They fail via granting false options.

Write me back and tell me where I messed up or tell me your tale of woe...
Message 208 of 327
latest reply

Hi, I am having this issue right now. I know this forum is so old but I’m new to eBay and it was an expensive Chanel bag. How should I go about the return? I want to make sure I get my Chanel bag back and not some fake. Thanks in advance. 

Message 209 of 327
latest reply

I agree Ebay is a joke. These buyers are scamming us sellers and Ebay does NOTHING about it. 

Message 210 of 327
latest reply