cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!

Ebay is a complete joke.

I had an auction that clearly stated no returns accepted. The buyer opened a case and eBay decided it in his favor. I called them and asked how the buyer could possibly win the case when it says no returns accepted and they basically told me they side on the buyers most of the time. He told me that no returns accepted basically means nothing at all.

Message 1 of 327
latest reply
326 REPLIES 326

Are u aware That you can apply the term insanity to anything

Message 181 of 327
latest reply

graceannespencer1
Re: SELLER BEWARE: No returns accepted means returns accepted!
in reply to hondamedic 01-26-2018 11:36:46 AM
graceannespencer1
Are u aware That you can apply the term insanity to anything

Being **bleep** Retentive as I am I went through the intire thread and the only reference to insanity  is my siggy so I assume your post diected at me? My other favorite quote is, Those Who Do Not Learn History Are Doomed To Repeat It. by  George Santayana, time for a change?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 182 of 327
latest reply

same thing happened to me- I spent $30 shipping a vintage poster and then the seller decided he did not want it.   Ebay decided to let the buyer return it and it ended up costing me ! Oh well, I will be using ebay alot less. 

Message 183 of 327
latest reply

I have someone who just purchased something NEW SEALED in package. They tell me that it doesn’t work because they placed it in the same exact spot as the SAME EXACT THERMOMETER 🌡 they currently have and mine reads off. Duh! Do you think we’re trying to replace the SAME EXACT one with the one you just purchased from me? Call company! Not me. Should be interesting as I just got off the phone with eBay. I sent them a message saying not and being in bed sick with the flu I accidentally hit accept return. I was fuming and call f eBay and told them I’m NOT ISSUING any refund. They’re getting over. Do you really think they’re going to return the NEW ONE?  DUH!!! They just admitted they put the new one right in its place. BUT the new one reads off. Really? If original was working why did you buy mine???DUH TO REPLACE IT - F’ing jerks!!

Message 184 of 327
latest reply

Any other sites recommended? How is Bonanza?

Message 185 of 327
latest reply

I tried Bonanza for a year. I think I sold one item, and I had about 40 items listed the entire time. No traffic, or very little traffic.
Message 186 of 327
latest reply

@inspiredbylove wrote:

I have someone who just purchased something NEW SEALED in package. They tell me that it doesn’t work because they placed it in the same exact spot as the SAME EXACT THERMOMETER 🌡 they currently have and mine reads off. Duh! Do you think we’re trying to replace the SAME EXACT one with the one you just purchased from me? Call company! Not me. Should be interesting as I just got off the phone with eBay. I sent them a message saying not and being in bed sick with the flu I accidentally hit accept return. I was fuming and call f eBay and told them I’m NOT ISSUING any refund. They’re getting over. Do you really think they’re going to return the NEW ONE?  DUH!!! They just admitted they put the new one right in its place. BUT the new one reads off. Really? If original was working why did you buy mine???DUH TO REPLACE IT - F’ing jerks!!

shaking my head smiley girl.gif SMH  @inspiredbylove  Your "no return" policy is trumped by eBay's Money Back Guarantee, so you will be issuing a refund if the buyer files a "not as described" request.  Unfortunately, buyers do abuse the MBG to avoid having to pay return shipping costs ~ you will have to factor that in to your pricing as all online selling will encounter fraud from time to time, and P.S., your language definitely isn't "inspired by love"!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 187 of 327
latest reply

Even with "no returns" you are obligated to list accurately so the buyers could always return if the item was SNAD.  Now "no returns" means for buyers remorse, THEY PAY to return it.  At the end of the day, you get the item OR the money.  Sure the money is preferable but if it comes back just relist it and sell it again.

Message 188 of 327
latest reply

wrote:
@inspiredbylove wrote:

shaking my head smiley girl.gif SMH  @inspiredbylove  Your "no return" policy is trumped by eBay's Money Back Guarantee, so you will be issuing a refund if the buyer files a "not as described" request.  Unfortunately, buyers do abuse the MBG to avoid having to pay return shipping costs ~ you will have to factor that in to your pricing as all online selling will encounter fraud from time to time, and P.S., your language definitely isn't "inspired by love"!

Definitely not inspired by me! ❤️ 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 189 of 327
latest reply

So. Ow he sends me another message telling me that he would be happy with a. Partial refund after he mentions that it’s of no use to him, I misrepresented a NEW ITEM IN A SEALED PACKAGE!  Tell me how I misrepresented a NEW IN PACKAGE ITEM???

YET, he’s willing to work with me on a partial refund!  Some people have a lot of nerve!

Message 190 of 327
latest reply

So refund him a whole whopping buck.

Message 191 of 327
latest reply

@inspiredbylove wrote:

So. Ow he sends me another message telling me that he would be happy with a. Partial refund after he mentions that it’s of no use to him, I misrepresented a NEW ITEM IN A SEALED PACKAGE!  Tell me how I misrepresented a NEW IN PACKAGE ITEM???

YET, he’s willing to work with me on a partial refund!  Some people have a lot of nerve!

@inspiredbylove  Some friendly advice for you...unless you are a high volume seller with hundreds of feedback, having a "no return" policy isn't a good idea, imo.

There is always the chance that the thermometer didn't work properly even though it was "new in package" ~ stuff happens ~ however, since the buyer is asking for a partial when the widget doesn't work makes it fairly obvious that they are just trying to get a lower price.  

Your best and really only recourse is to tell the buyer to "return for refund" ~ issue the return label through eBay and refund when you receive the widget back.  If you don't receive the thermometer back within 5 days of the label being issued, you can have the case closed in your favor and you will not be charged for the return label.  If you don't accept the return, you will receive a defect on your account which is the holy grail of bad stuff for a new or low volume seller ~ just not worth it for a $14.99 sale.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 192 of 327
latest reply

it is too late to see this. I am experiencing this right now. I can expect what will happen...

EBAY is JOKE

Message 193 of 327
latest reply

Where is your mango powder being shipped from?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 194 of 327
latest reply

wrote:

This is not such simple. Returns maybe easy used to stole from sellers. For example you sold some photo camera, buyer claimed NAD case (not working), and sent you his old not working camera. Trust me, it will be very hard to won this case.   Returns is normal policy for brand new items, but not working well for used items.

Stricty saying buyer and seller are equal partners, exchanging values : one sending money, another sending item.  But for some reason buyer may decide to reverse transaction, and seller not. Once again - most people are honest, but if you selling expensive items you maybe easy target to return scams.

Actually, it would be very EASY to win that case.... provided you take care of yourself when listing by taking a photo of the serial number and posting it in the listing.  IF the buyer returns the item, video it when you open it, and if the serial number isn't the one you sent, that's an automatic win because of mail fraud.  You can't blame eBay for not understanding how things work here... THAT responsibility is on the seller.

Message 195 of 327
latest reply