cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells on eBay anymore what's up with that !

I remember when things used to get bids on eBay . Now nothing sells that I put up there unless it's so cheap I make nothing then all the fee's it just not worth bothering . Swap meet seems a better option at this point . Anyone else having same issues ?
Message 1 of 267
latest reply
266 REPLIES 266

Agree:) 

Message 31 of 267
latest reply

Agree and yes the chinese penny sellers are killing it big time. 

Message 32 of 267
latest reply

@4659655  Hi, 465...long time no see ~ most sellers that start a thread in 2015 don't return, and I am sorry that you are still having problems selling.

The Part Time eBay Sellers Group is filled with fun loving and very smart sellers who are excellent at helping other sellers and buyers with any questions or advice they may need, but in order to do our best, here are a few tips about posting to the eBay Community that you may find useful.

• Start a new thread if your question or comment is directed to a thread that is more than a couple of months old.
  • When replying to a specific person/ID in a thread, use the "quote" feature so we know what the other person has said without having to scroll up to find it
  •  Since this thread is so old, many of the posters that you replied to are probably no longer around, but in the future if you would like to have them respond to your comments, you can use the "@mention" feature to "tag" that person and they will receive a notification that they have been mentioned in a thread and hopefully, will come back to reply.

I hope this helps and better luck going forward!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 33 of 267
latest reply

Sorry to rain on this parade, but I have sales.  Quite a few in fact, plus another store.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 34 of 267
latest reply

No one here works for ebay. We are all just sellers trying to make ebay work for us. As I said in my post 6 months ago, if you want to make ebay work for you, you need to be a reliable and fair seller. We all have issues with ebay at times.

Message 35 of 267
latest reply

@4659655 wrote:

Fact is that it jas gone down and nothing sells anymore.  

Maybe nothing that you have to offer is selling. Lots of us don't have that problem.

Message 36 of 267
latest reply

Those that can, sell... those that can't, whine about it on this thread.

Message 37 of 267
latest reply

Old post but have to comment. Economy NOT the problem ebay has chased many good people away from their site. I list things they do not sell them and then I sell them locally for more money than I was asking on ebay. Millions can see my item yet it sells locally seems a clear indication of a problem here. Ebay has some comical suggestions on what you should start your auction at and what you should charge for shipping. Final value shipping fee ha ha ha YOU ship item your gas your tape/bubble wrap and packaging and ebay makes money off you. Plus ebay bases alot of their restrictions on items that go beyond State and Fedaeral laws that free Americans can own and purchase in other States.

Message 38 of 267
latest reply

Not always the case but sure ebay thanks you for defending them.

Message 39 of 267
latest reply

Happens to me all the time, too on BIN + Best Offer = >50%, and it's on every thing, not just one category. Waste of time to counteroffer, because 99.9% of the time, they never respond back. I'm changing my Best Offer listings to include automatic rejection, if they don't offer at least that price, they are sent packing, and I don't even have to see their ridiculous offer.
Message 40 of 267
latest reply

I'm with you.  I had one item listed with $100 already off and "bidders" were still trying to haggle the price down lower. Um, I'd like to sell the items, not give them away.  If that's the case, why pay to give them away?  

I too remember years ago (sure, things change) I could list the most useless item in my book and it would get multiple bids.  Ebay has certainly changed. Luckily, there are various platforms and other options.  I don't think anyone has come here to vent, grip, or moan about it (contrary to many of the surprising responses).  It's an obvious observation to come back to after years of being an Ebay consumer.

To those suggesting Amazon, there's a catch, so be prepared.  It's all work.  I've sold many items on Amazon, but they have a plethora of catergories you can't enter into to sell your items.

Message 41 of 267
latest reply

@shopcokoshari wrote:

I too remember years ago (sure, things change) I could list the most useless item in my book and it would get multiple bids.  Ebay has certainly changed. Luckily, there are various platforms and other options.  I don't think anyone has come here to vent, grip, or moan about it (contrary to many of the surprising responses).  It's an obvious observation to come back to after years of being an Ebay consumer. 

So consumers stopped buying usless items and are now frugal in their buying habits?
Online buyers are becoming aware shoppers?

OMG! eBAY is dead!

`

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 42 of 267
latest reply

Dead as a doornail? Oh come on, please don't say it. I think people just used to get a big thrill out of online auction format. It was new, it was exciting to watch the bidding. I remember that feeling back in the 90s.

Hard to imagine now, that it was something so wondrous at the time. I sold all kinds of crazy things for crazy prices, and also bought porcelain shoes at $50 a pop!!!!! What was I thinking?
Message 43 of 267
latest reply

Pretty old thread, guys.

Message 44 of 267
latest reply

We're pretty old guys. Smiley Tongue

Message 45 of 267
latest reply