cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing sells on eBay anymore what's up with that !

I remember when things used to get bids on eBay . Now nothing sells that I put up there unless it's so cheap I make nothing then all the fee's it just not worth bothering . Swap meet seems a better option at this point . Anyone else having same issues ?
Message 1 of 267
latest reply
266 REPLIES 266

Re: Nothing sells on eBay anymore what's up with that !

@zbaywrote:
  1. Yes it is terrible anymore all the great updates n nothing sells Fees for nothing

Hmmm, I don't pay ANY fees on my listings unless I sell something.  Maybe you should read the user agreement and the fees pages and learn how eBay works before spouting off things like "fees for nothing", which, if you understand how eBay works, is untrue. 

Message 91 of 267
latest reply

You are correct. Ebay has become a one huge landfill of everything . The problem is 1. Getting seen. 2. Dealing with Bottom feeder Low ball offers. 3. I see a lot of replies on here that I could easily counter and these could be just Ebay Employees telling you the obvious.......
Honestly, what you need to do is try many different venues then just Ebay. Swap meets and other online selling options. The days of easy sales on Ebay are LONG GONE....
Message 92 of 267
latest reply

Correct. I do not want to go into boring details because it's all been said and rehashed here a thousand times over to the 10th degree. I have posted stuff like "Beatles" in the first word of a title and got 7 page views after 15 days. Normally 7 views on something like "Beatles" would occur in about 15 Seconds .......
Still wondering why nothing sells for you on Ebay ?
Message 93 of 267
latest reply

I basically quit using eBay.  It's old school now everyone uses Amazon . If you have something Rare to auction it maybe good but that's about it . I've seen the change and I've heard the people say lower your price blah blah blah , I lower it anymore I may as well give things to the salvation army and write it off 😉 

Message 94 of 267
latest reply

True but those fees are quite high . 

Message 95 of 267
latest reply

Very true 

Message 96 of 267
latest reply

Not really. Try selling something at a consignment auction or in a consignment shop... ebay is CHEAP by comparison. Most consignments charge 30% or more. It's nothing more than the cost of doing business. Try running a brick and mortar store in this business environment. With competing against Amazon and other mail orders, your cost of doing business is going to be WAY more, percentage-wise, of every sale you make. Ebay is again, cheap by comparison. Business has ALWAYS been this way, there's an inherent cost of doing it, and if you aren't willing to pay that cost, maybe selling isn't your thing and you should look at a different means of making a living. Not trying to be snarky, just being realistic. I work at a mom and pop music instrument store. The margins these days are SO slim that if we didn't offer repairs we probably couldn't stay open. Many manufacturers sell direct, against their dealers... Fender for example. Used to you could make GOOD money on Fender guitars. Now, it costs about $50 to get a guitar shipped from Fender California to your door, and your average guitar that sells for, say $900.00, a couple years ago would have cost you about $650... NOW it costs you $750 PLUS shipping, so you make about a hundred dollars on a $900 sale. You have to pay rent, and lights, and other utilities, and insurance, and taxes, and payroll out of that. Running an ebay business out of your home is CAKE compared to that. Don't tell me eBay is expensive that's simply not true. I'm not saying it's cheap, mind you, but compared to doing business about any other way, it IS cheap.
Message 97 of 267
latest reply

I agree. Unless ur $50 dollar item is listed w/a starting bid of $1, then u rarely get multiple bids. Also, eBay has troll volunteers that respond to these negative posts in a condescending manner. They play themselves-off as fellow sellers, but it’s just eBay brass not being able to take constructive criticism.
Message 98 of 267
latest reply

Chinese are screwing up everything,They sell for pennies
Message 99 of 267
latest reply

Thank you very much for your post now at least I know it's not me but I do see some sellers that are getting extremely good money on large amounts of items weekly check out Texas unclaimed property I don't understand it but I agree with you if I start an item that's worth 50 off for a dollar I might get 10 bucks I'm talking about hardcore items like jewelry where there is zero speculation as to its actual value

Message 100 of 267
latest reply

No body is going to pay retail price for your used junk period ...when I buy from somebody I don't care if it's still in package I half retail price the deduct 25 percent from that number to bargain with..
Message 101 of 267
latest reply

Yeah,prices are terrible,i think people just dont have the money anymore,decent jobs are scarse and cost of living is getting higher

Message 102 of 267
latest reply

@notaswarm wrote:

Another eBay employee response

Um, someone thinks they're a comedian or something... For your information, very few eBay employees post here, and they have an eBay identifier on their ID when they do, so, sorry to burst your bubble, but Love is not an eBay employee....

Message 103 of 267
latest reply

Nothing hidy said was false.  AND, for your information, selling fees ARE low.  Have you priced an auction house lately?  Most of the ones around here charge 30-35%.  And, they're cheap compared to the cost of having a brick and mortar store.  

Message 104 of 267
latest reply

Well of course , who uses an auction house unless your selling something really expensive in this day and age . The fact is nothing sells on ebay anymore , its just a fact as Amazon has crushed them , if you have a specialized product like yours or willing to sell for nothing then you maybe ok , however thats a small amount of sellers . Ive seen the change from selling lots at a good price to nothing . Also flow of cheap chinese good is killing us as well like sites called wish.

Message 105 of 267
latest reply