cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EBay worth it for sellers anymore?

I just noticed that EBay fees since January 1st have been 21%, I use the most basic listings. They are hostile towards sellers...always on the side of the buyer, and really don't give a *&% as they think they are the only game in town. It isn't worth it; besides the crazy buyers, a bunch of theives at EBay and the headaches...for what, 79% of my goods and I get the hassle. And if that guy comes on that always tells you to take a deep breath, hold yours for as long as you can.
Message 1 of 356
latest reply
355 REPLIES 355

Re: Is EBay worth it for sellers anymore?

Kelda, to look at my Photobucket album all you have to do is click on that photo down below 😮
(I just learnt that by accident very recently)

Honda, you got rid of the smiley?
Anyway... Not all of those guitars are mine. A lot of them were... But I have since sold them.
Also alot of those photos I stole from somewhere and put them in Photobucket so that I could link them to a forum.

You cannot just link using 'copy image location' from evilBay any longer if you are using Firefox.
So I put them on PB, then onto whichever forum. Then the photos stay even after the listing is over and gone.

But about 60 of those guitar were mine... Some of them still are.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 46 of 356
latest reply

Awwww OMA... You let the cat out of the bag! But of course Kelda would have to know its a Right click on your pic..... then a click on properties..... then highlighting the URL.... then a Ctrl+C.... then a paste in your Browser... then a click on Enter..... I dunno, sounds too complicated for the young ladies here at the Pharties club.;-) :^O ]:)
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 47 of 356
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast
🙂

Watch it there, Honda...you're getting mighty close to sounding like the OP. :^O
Photobucket
Message 48 of 356
latest reply

Watch it there, Honda...you're getting mighty close to sounding like the OP. :^O .

I do feel badly for OP, John McElroy, as he was burned by a seller: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Part-Time-Ebay/About-Done-With/520176086#

I really hope he stops back & sees that while his bitterness toward eBay is well founded matbe we can help him prevent it from happening again. I think some of his negative posting was vented at us as he couldn't toward the buyer who burned him...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 49 of 356
latest reply

keldasales
Enthusiast
I dunno, sounds too complicated for the young ladies here at the Pharties club.

Don't make me break out the $5.00 words on ya. :^O:-p Actually, all you need do is click, like OMA said. I tried, it worked :).

I think some of his negative posting was vented at us as he couldn't toward the buyer who burned him...

Getting burned then having to pay fees on the transaction... double whammy. Ouch. I think ebay does require a certain amount of thick skin and fits into the "a good offense is the best defense" category.
Message 50 of 356
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast
I really hope he stops back & sees that while his bitterness toward eBay is well founded matbe we can help him prevent it from happening again. I think some of his negative posting was vented at us as he couldn't toward the buyer who burned him...

I hope he stops back too...w/o the attitude! If JohnnyMac knew about the articles about ebay 2010, he was doing some homework...he could be a worthwhile contributor to the board.

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
Photobucket
Message 51 of 356
latest reply

clayjo2009
Enthusiast
Jets?????? Bears!!!!! oohhh maybe next year! LOL!
Message 52 of 356
latest reply

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

I just knew there was underlying reason I couldn't stand you MH!

In all seriousness I watched the game last night & Sanchez was impressive. Who do they play next? Even if the Pats win today they are no match for the Chargers their predicted next game.

Message 53 of 356
latest reply

hatter-2
Enthusiast
Depends on what your guys do today. I can tell, you and I are going to have some fun when baseball season starts. 😉
Photobucket
Message 54 of 356
latest reply

Depends on what your guys do today. I can tell, you and I are going to have some fun when baseball season starts. 😉

Not the Evil Empire too!

Message 55 of 356
latest reply

21% was not a bogus number buddy.
Message 56 of 356
latest reply

I got a JA for an answer called dr_strangelove99?
Message 57 of 356
latest reply

kris*scloset619
Enthusiast
San Diego Chargers Pictures, Images and Photos
No Bad Days Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 58 of 356
latest reply

I got a JA for an answer called dr_strangelove99?

Oh Gaaawwwdddd... I feel so old.... Whats a JA? Do I have to go to the Urban Dictionary por can someone help?
Message 59 of 356
latest reply

keldasales
Enthusiast
Whats a JA?

Don't feel bad, I have no clue what it means and I was born after the first star wars...
Message 60 of 356
latest reply