cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is EBay worth it for sellers anymore?

I just noticed that EBay fees since January 1st have been 21%, I use the most basic listings. They are hostile towards sellers...always on the side of the buyer, and really don't give a *&% as they think they are the only game in town. It isn't worth it; besides the crazy buyers, a bunch of theives at EBay and the headaches...for what, 79% of my goods and I get the hassle. And if that guy comes on that always tells you to take a deep breath, hold yours for as long as you can.
Message 1 of 356
latest reply
355 REPLIES 355

Re: Is EBay worth it for sellers anymore?

What traffic and visibilty????? I have 650 cheap listings out there and Aug. 31,Sept. 1 and 2nd, I sold 1 item per day???? They play around with your visibility like scoundrels. It has grown into a glorified yard sale. Get a part-time job and enjoy your free time. No clothes clutter!!! That is what I will do shortly. They grab and control your money and leave the tax implications to you. Also keep in mind, the tax is high!!!! When I first started, it was a beautiful thing. Now it is hell in every way. They also charge on the shipping that the customer pays, not the seller. This should be illegal. I hung in there for 5 years. FINALLY DONE!!!!!
Message 346 of 356
latest reply

You still have over 600 items to end.

Fees on shipping came in around what? 2011.

I partially agree on what you're saying.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 347 of 356
latest reply

tumblr_m55qpoqgfG1rxevt4o1_400.gif

Message 348 of 356
latest reply

Sometimes another "Seller" is a Sellers worst nightmare. This past summer I sold 28 sewing machines that I painstakingly restored and obsessively shipped. God Bless, all arrived safely and I received positive feedback on all. That was worrysome, because negative feedback can ruin you as a Seller. The most annoying issue is when another seller wants to purchase your items and wants a "multiple item" discount ( they are re-selling your item for 5 times what they paid you for it- that is an issue ). I just had an issue with a seller buying some sewing machines acessories ( small price $ 18.99 sets of cam and presser foot )- they offered me  $ 40.00 for 3 sets. I obliged and next they were trying to chisel a better shipping fee. Next I receive a "back handed" email stating " thank you for the prompt shipment , but one of the feet was generic and will you send me another"... That was a "red flag" for me.. Dishonesty !!! I looked at their "ebay store" and noticed they were selling my sets for $ 55.00  along with some tacky Chinese saddle shoes and basic junk. The seller also had two ebay accounts and contacted me the day after the initial purchase and wanted three more sets and a shipping discount. Ebay would only allow them to purchase one, with the explanation that they had "exhausted their quanity of offers".. Another red flag.... They wanted me to send a separate invoice for the balance ( an ebay violation ). I sent the one with an additional piece and today they contacted ebay stating I sent a piece with the "wrong style number stamped on it and wanted to return it "- It was the correct item, this person is either very dishonest, an idiot or mentally defective... I requested that they not make any more purchases from me and I blocked them... But ebay will back up nonsense like this.. One of the problems with our beloved America today, is that immorality and dishonesty are seemingly encouraged.  

Message 349 of 356
latest reply

I agree with you completely. I find the least expensive way of shipping and have noticed my feedback for "shipping costs" is not the greatest.  I am now waiting to see if I get negative feedback from a dishonest "Seller" who was buying my items demanding multiple discounts and shipping discounts, plus being very difficult and re-selling my items in their ebay store for 5 times what they paid me for.

Message 350 of 356
latest reply

I have noticed that also.. I can list something and in a week only have 5 people look at the item. I can re-list it and suddenly many people are looking and it will actully sell. I have also been told that there is tension between Google and Ebay, so listings are not always visible at all times..

Message 351 of 356
latest reply

“ The most annoying issue is when another seller wants to purchase your items and wants a "multiple item" discount ( they are re-selling your item for 5 times what they paid you for it- that is an issue ).”

If people could buy from me and sell with a 400% markup, the issue would be with my business plan.

Message 352 of 356
latest reply

I was wondering if you still feel this way now that it's 2019 and 9 years after you posted this comment.

Message 353 of 356
latest reply

I figured I would give it another attempt to move old items I no longer need - mistake...

I am feeling some of the old pain and frustration of selling - dead-beat buyers who bid and don't pay - fees - and eBay looking at my posting and saying I have a link to HTML when in fact I don't - I am quickly remembering why I am over attempting to sell items in this place and I am going to try selling on Amazon - 

Message 354 of 356
latest reply

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContentScanner.htm

This will tell you what you need to remove. ^^^

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 355 of 356
latest reply

Because if all opinions aren't represented then people have a warped view of what conditions for sellers are like on Ebay.

What you're saying is that if a person takes a view that's different from yours then they shouldn't post it up for others to read. I.e. the 'shut up and take it' view...which is not the way things are done here.
Message 356 of 356
latest reply