cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

Oh yeah they're losing sellers, they just lost another today - me.
Message 181 of 542
latest reply

jamdown76
Scout
Ebay is losing me.

I sold an item for 709.99, the buyer took 2 days to pay, after the 3rd day I shipped the item. The buyer opened a case against me. I called Ebay and was told that I needed to add the tracking number which I did.

The guy got the item and gave me a great review...so why is it now I am told that I need to refund Ebay the amount of $709.99, EVEN though the tracking number says delivered and the buyer gave me a great review?

I was told that I had to call the BUYER and beg him to pay ME BACK? I was told that if I did not pay Ebay I would be hit by the lawyers???

Come on...how is that fair? How can they do this to me? Why should I be out of the item and then PAY the guy who bought it?

I am crying now, because of the injustice of EBAY!! I will never use their service again.
Message 182 of 542
latest reply

sweetliberty2u
Enthusiast
eBay requires Signature Confirmation for packages valued at more than $250.00 USD to qualify for the eBay Seller Protection policy.
Message 183 of 542
latest reply

sweetliberty2u
Enthusiast
I agree buy the time I buy supplys and the running I make nothing then everyone wants shipping for free plus product for nothing how can I compete?? I spend on fees alone more than I seem to take in. If I drive to Wally world it costs me gas money plus car mantiance and probly lunch so why do buyers complain about this and give low ratings?? Postal costs arn't free and I buy most of my supplys on Ebay.

Not everyone expects to get "Free Shipping".
I have a 4.8 just like you and I don't ship for Free.

That's just a way for eBay to make more money off the FVF.
Message 184 of 542
latest reply

jamdown76
Scout
eBay requires Signature Confirmation for packages valued at more than $250.00 USD to qualify for the eBay Seller Protection policy.

So I heard today. I understand that, but come on, don't you think Common Sense should have prevailed on Ebay's part?

The buyer left me a positive feedback, saying the item was as described and fast shipping..and that was 12 days ago!

No common sense whatsoever!
Message 185 of 542
latest reply

sweetliberty2u
Enthusiast
So I heard today. I understand that, but come on, don't you think Common Sense should have prevailed on Ebay's part?

The buyer left me a positive feedback, saying the item was as described and fast shipping..and that was 12 days ago!

No common sense whatsoever!

When the "Buyer" filed a dispute. It seems that he got his money back through eBay. Cause you said, eBay wants you to refund the money. And for you to ask the buyer for the money back.

Sure does sound like a mixed up mess. Even I don't see the logic.
Message 186 of 542
latest reply

jamdown76
Scout

When the "Buyer" filed a dispute. It seems that he got his money back through eBay. Cause you said, eBay wants you to refund the money. And for you to ask the buyer for the money back.

Sure does sound like a mixed up mess. Even I don't see the logic.

The only reason why Ebay is asking for a refund from me, is because I had changed my payment method that was on file for them. They paid and tried to get the money from my account, but it was a different account.

When I checked paypal, I can see where the refund was made and then a button that says "click here to pay Ebay". I am rolling my eyes because the situation smells to high heaven.

I do not want to be tangled into a web with Ebay or paypal. Crooks...the whole lot!
Message 187 of 542
latest reply

It looks like eBlech paid out of their own pocket thinking they could just grab it from your pay- we're not your - pal account , but they got a big surprise !

I wouldn't worry about any lawyers, and I wouldn't expect any common sense out of EBoydidwescrewup !:^O

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 188 of 542
latest reply

The only reason why Ebay is asking for a refund from me, is because I had changed my payment method that was on file for them. They paid and tried to get the money from my account, but it was a different account.

When I checked paypal, I can see where the refund was made and then a button that says "click here to pay Ebay". I am rolling my eyes because the situation smells to high heaven.

I do not want to be tangled into a web with Ebay or paypal. Crooks...the whole lot!

Maybe somebody else can verify this, but I read one of the sellers contacted their local BBB and Ebay backed off. They sent them all the info and the BBB got onto Ebay and the seller won.
If there is any truth to this, that would be a way to fight Ebay when they are making horrible decisions.
Message 189 of 542
latest reply

"Maybe somebody else can verify this, but I read one of the sellers contacted their local BBB and Ebay backed off. They sent them all the info and the BBB got onto Ebay and the seller won.
If there is any truth to this, that would be a way to fight Ebay when they are making horrible decisions."

'Pay For Play' Scandal Engulfs Better Business Bureau

Bowing to pressure from Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) has agreed to stop awarding rating points to businesses that pay dues to the organization.

The BBB also said it would "launch an immediate investigation" into an ABC News report that its biggest local chapter - the Los Angeles BBB - sold memberships to non-existent businesses that immediately received an "A" rating.

The ABC report of the alleged "pay for play" scheme said that "A+" ratings were only given to businesses that paid an accreditation fee, while "F" grades were routinely given to businesses that declined to join the BBB and pay dues.

The Los Angeles BBB is by far the largest of the 108 chapters in the U.S. It brought in $6.2 million in accreditation fees in 2008, the ABC News report said, and paid its president, William Mitchell, an annual salary of $409,490.

Mitchell is credited with devising the letter grade system to replace the "satisfactory/unsatisfactory" rating the BBB had used previously. The ABC News report said Mitchell has testified that his office employed over 30 sales representatives who earned a 45 percent commission for selling first-year memberships to business owners.

For his part, Blumenthal expressed concern that the BBB lacks sufficient resources to verify the information used for its ratings, which many consumers rely on when making purchasing decisions.

"I am pleased that the BBB is heeding my call to sever ratings from dues -- but more needs to be done," Blumenthal said. "Pay-to-play -- or its perception -- is unacceptable and unconscionable, as the BBB has rightly recognized. Cash can no longer inflate BBB ratings, as happened under the old system."

The BBB's executive committee approved the changes last week and said it would make a series of changes to its operations. In a statement, the organization said:

•the BBB ratings system will no longer give additional points to accredited businesses because of their accredited status. BBB will continue to issue ratings based on the other 16 ratings factors currently used.

•Immediately, BBB will make available on its website a streamlined process for receiving complaints on BBB sales practices, and will implement procedures for investigating each complaint.BBB will conduct a review of its process for accrediting businesses, and, as soon as possible, make changes that will apply system-wide.BBB will engage an independent third party to assist in its review process.

•BBB will conduct a review of its process for accrediting businesses, and, as soon as possible, make changes that will apply system-wide.

•BBB will engage an independent third party to assist in its review process.

"For nearly 100 years, the BBB has stood for public trust, and we are taking these steps to maintain that trust," said Steve Cox, president and CEO, Council of Better Business Bureaus. "Given the feedback, we feel it is our duty to take immediate steps to address the concerns raised, and enhance our ability to help consumers easily and quickly find trustworthy businesses."

Blumenthal said the changes, while admirable, left open the possibility that businesses would mislead consumers by providing inaccurate information to the BBB.

"At the very least, the BBB has an ethical -- and perhaps legal -- obligation to clearly and prominently inform consumers of the severe and significant limitations of its rating system,†Blumenthal said.

"The BBB cannot rely on the word of businesses about licenses, state laws or other information; objective and independent confirmation is vital to accurate ratings."

I wonder how many miles the wire transfer from eBay in San Jose to the Los Angeles BBB had to travel?

This is my buying ID. I have used it on & off for years as a posting ID.

Just a head's up. Don't want anyone getting their undies in a bunch over my doing so.
Message 190 of 542
latest reply

wannasavemoney2
Enthusiast
I DO understand the frustration of some EBAY SELLERS as well as EBAY BUYERS. Just to cover a FEW concerns that I have read from others or experienced...What I have found is that it is ridiculous for EBAY to:

1. VERIFY information from a NEW SELLER in the beginning by speaking to the SELLER (TO VERIFY INFORMATION) in order to open a store with EBAY and later INSINUATE that a SELLER...AS EBAY CLAIM...IS UNDER POSSIBLE FRAUD RISK REVIEW FOR THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL. which I might add...EBAY CONFIRMED the company was okay to be used and handle the products through EBAY!

**YOU DO KNOW THAT THIS PROCESS STOPS CUSTOMERS FROM GETTING THEIR PRODUCTS ON TIME...

**MAKES LOYALTY FOR EBAY SELLERS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS A DIFFICULT PROCESS...

**MAKES EBAY LOOK BAD-BAD-

etc..etc...

**If EBAY does not like other companies handling products from then...then why even allow the items to be pushed to market??**

WELL...UH...MAYBE...because EBAY does not (as many others have expressed) CARE about "LOWER LEVEL" SELLERS or POSSIBLY EBAY does not have the FULL scenario on "HELPING NEW SELLERS EXCEED" in their businesses.

Whatever it may be, I have to agree that EBAY SHOULD re-think their policies, FEES, as well as safety measures. Until then,,, one or two things may happen...

1. EBAY will continue to lose potential customers
2. EBAY will continue to lose potential good buyers
3. SOME OTHER company will come along and OFFER BETTER...SUCH AS WHAT PEOPLE ARE REALLY LOOKING FOR WITHIN A BUSINESS TO START THEIR OWN BUSINESS?? Mmm...

Although I thank EBAY for EXISTING as a company, I do think EBAY should RE-LOOK at their rules and stipulations.

Just a thought...
Message 191 of 542
latest reply

Nice thought Wanna , but there's no reason to SHOUT about it.

Your post is just as strong without all the CAPS !!

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 192 of 542
latest reply

tammyanddaveky
Enthusiast
Komokwa---THAT is too funny...lol and rofl! You say I am the hoot...well I get a kick out of you too! I always enjoy your posts soo! The "eboy...." :^Othat has me LOL so hard I almost fell out of my office chair (it is missing 2 of the 4 screws that hold it together...keeps ya on your toes or your arse:)!) Komokwa, thanks for being you!!!!Have a good one!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
RT:)
Live to Ride and Ride to Live:)
Message 193 of 542
latest reply

tammyanddaveky
Enthusiast
Komokwa---LOL and ROFL...the eboy....that is a hoot! You say I am a hoot...well I always enjoy your posts and they generally make me ROFL! That one has me LOL so hard I almost fell out of my office chair (it is currently missing 2 of the 4 screws that hold it together...keeps ya on your toes or your arse...one of the 2:)!)...THANKS FOR BEING YOU!!! Please, don't ever change!

Merry Christmas,
Message 194 of 542
latest reply

tammyanddaveky
Enthusiast
OKAY...now why did that post 2 x's??? My computater has a sttttuttter!
Sorry guys!

But what the hay...Komokwa deserves a double pat on the back! Might help to get all that snow out of his lungs!!!

STAY warm my friend!
Message 195 of 542
latest reply