cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

It seems to me that Ebay Is doing it's best to run the smaller seller off Ebay . The new Policies and fee's are a joke . They will learn that it was the smaller seller's that made Ebay what it is today . Not Walmart or Junk from China . No Seller's = No Buyer's = No Ebay .
It's just common sense .
Message 1 of 542
latest reply
541 REPLIES 541

Re: IS EBAY LOSING SELLER'S???

I am in New York and I have an international buyer that feels he should not pay more than the 48 states shipping quote listed in the description.
The shipping fee was $9.00 for 48 states and actual fees to Canada are $21.00. He tells me that he is "not an idiot and just ship the item before he reports me".
I cannot believe that Ebay has left me at the mercy of such an Ahole. What do I do now? Refund his money and get a neg fb?
Send it and lose $12 so I hopefully get a pos feedback (forget about DSR's lol).
I opened a chat window to seek options with this sale but was told I had a 90 min wait! Well 90min is worth more than $12 to me.
I used to recommend Ebay to everyone. I have been a member for 9 years and used to make $200k a year. I have basically stopped until just last month started a few listings. I now recall why I stopped selling on ebay. There is no longer any money to be made. Less buyers and everything is buy it now. Its not an auction site like it used to be.
I wish the worst flu virus on all Ebay excecutives. I will still use ebay because im struggling to make my bills. This doesn't change the clear fact that ebay sucks now
Well im done venting. I suppose one of ebays paid moderators will chime in and offer useless advice like they all do.
Message 166 of 542
latest reply

cbprsr911...

First, tell him to kiss your butt.
(Use he real email address and say what you really feel)

If he hasn't paid, just ignore him.
If he does pay, refund his money.

Keep on refunding his money until he goes away.

If he does give you a negative... So what.
Reply that he is a scam artist and get on with your life.

Also you can report him for Feedback Extortion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 167 of 542
latest reply

I suppose one of ebays paid moderators will chime in and offer useless advice like they all do.

Group photo of eBay Customer Service Staff.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 168 of 542
latest reply

in*your*dreamz
Enthusiast
LOL... sock puppets. Good one, Hondamedic. Sure feels that way sometimes.
Message 169 of 542
latest reply

Thank you for the information. I just started selling again and wanted to try and make some money. The first thing that came to my logical mind after my first 7 days was "something is wrong with ebay. It's not like it used to be." There aren't a lot of people shopping anymore. The fees sellers have to pay are highway robbery. The paypal fee plus the added .30 cents is just insulting.
I guess that is why they are promoting the 100/month insertion fee $0. That's what attracted me...BUT will I stay when that promo is over...I doubt it. The fees are like fleas.
Message 170 of 542
latest reply

I am leaving... They do NOTHING to help the sellers who are the 'VERY SELLERS" that made them who they are today. Google my store name. I have shifted all my items to a FREE TO LIST SITE.. also free to sell as well. out of the last 10 sales I made, only 2 were on eBay.. The other 8 were on the free to list, and free to sell place.. AWESOME! Profit in the pocket now..
Deep South Glass
Message 171 of 542
latest reply

Hi All,

Well I am just getting back into selling stuff pt as a hobby on Ebay after long break away from Ebay. I am shocked to see that sellers cant leave negative feedback on buyers? Here are the things I see wrong with that:

1)Empowers buyers to bid with out worry of negative on a transaction, and gives them the power to leave you a negative if they wish.

2)Sure Ebay will give you the final value fee back after a waste of days waiting for item to end plus unpaid item dispute wait time. While the buyer walks away clean with no punishment and no tarnished record or tag to show other sellers this persons transactions as a buyer.

3)Why should the buyer have power to leave you a negative even after you have won the unpaid item dispute? That is so unfair.

4)Ebay has always been more about sellers then buyers, with out the sellers there is no Ebay, I feel Ebay has turned its back on sellers by taking away this action that distunguishes and marks the bad buyer apples. Both partys should be entitled to state there experience fairly as Ebays origins has always been about straight feedback from buyer to seller fair feedback market place.

5)As a seller we pay heavy listing fees, plus paypal fees, and final value fees to just have a buyer come in and entitle him with no effort to buy and not pay for a item plus give him the power to leave us sellers a negative if they wish.

6) Its bad enough that all you need to open a Ebay account now a days is a email address with no credit card on file giving you the power to bid on what ever you want with a 0 feedback score not paying for it and being able to leave a negative on a seller with out worrying about the seller leaving you a negative or having a say.

I hope as a community this is being addressed by sellers and Ebay staff. Please do a recall/vote on this matter, as I am pretty sure I am not the only seller who feels this way. I send my best of luck for full time sellers whos only income is selling here. Lets make Ebay what it use to be and not let it fall apart with this wrong decision of allowing buyers to overpower the sellers and tarnish their feedback with little to no effort.

Thanks,
Colorfullwalls
Message 172 of 542
latest reply

I agree, same problem here. I have been selling elsewhere and have done very well there... 100% free store, free to list, free to sell.. LOVE IT! Out of my last 10 sales only 2 have been on eBay, the other 8 was on the free site.. INCLUDING an $1150.00 set of china (I got the WHOLE thing to put in my pocket) no final value fee what so ever. Paypal charge was all I had to pay, and believe me, that was enough.. It was like almost $40.00..

I just closed my store on eBay. I am pretty much done here.
Message 173 of 542
latest reply

I want someone to organize a Consumer Report on what auction site is best to bounce to.

In addition, if a company liked Google came out with GOOGLE AUCTIONS and did a huge ad campaign on TV and billboard, I think that would be great.

Face it, the real problem is E-bay has become a monopoly. Remember what happened to the phone company a few years back? It was a monopoly. Not any more. COMPETITION.came and options.are now in the users favor. That is what needs to happen...and it will.
Message 174 of 542
latest reply

tammyanddaveky
Enthusiast
Hi all!
Boystown---great idea on the google auction, a nice long time trusted name! 🙂

WOW--I checked out the other free site...mymy, VERY NICE! I am seriously going to check into more after some sleep! YA'LL really SHOULD CHECK IT OUT as Cheyna suggests!

I always pretty much post in support of ebay as consignment so high and other sites with similar fees and Ebay with much more traffic....BUT I think I may set up a free store with other site with like 30 or so listings, just to see and out of curiosity!

Have a good one ya'll!
Love and Light,
RT:)
Live to Ride and Ride to Live:)
Message 175 of 542
latest reply

Hi, Deep South Glass. I see you are on the moon. Definitely going to check that site. My daughter has been selling more on the site that rhymes with Betsy's name than I am here. ebay is starting to have competition.
Message 176 of 542
latest reply

I to am a part time seller that has also quit charging for S/H and see the fee's increase.

My selling has been restricted because of poor shipping time.
In the last 3 months I went from 99.7% to 99.8% feedback.
And my shipping time went from 4.6 star rating to 4.7
My other star ratings are 4.9 or better.
I am once again a Power seller but and still being restricted from selling anything.
My account was to be looked over on Dec. 20th but nothing has been done!! Why not??? Not only that, I am paying to have a store that I cannot sell in.
I will be losing repeat buyers all because of a few impatient buyers that do not read my listing completely.
Thank you for forwarding this on to the correct department.
Message 177 of 542
latest reply

The correct department of what ?
This isn't an eBay complaint line.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 178 of 542
latest reply

sweetliberty2u
Enthusiast
I learn along time ago. Bottom line is eBay out for the money.
Sellers have been a going and still new sellers show up.
Message 179 of 542
latest reply

I agree buy the time I buy supplys and the running I make nothing then everyone wants shipping for free plus product for nothing how can I compete?? I spend on fees alone more than I seem to take in. If I drive to Wally world it costs me gas money plus car mantiance and probly lunch so why do buyers complain about this and give low ratings?? Postal costs arn't free and I buy most of my supplys on Ebay.
Message 180 of 542
latest reply