cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Use a Wireless Mouse or Post With a Cell Phone?

...and if you do, how often to you change the battery?

I am having to replace the battery about once a month and am wondering if there is a better mouse with longer battery life....silly question, I know, but so many of my friends don't use a mouse, so thought I would ask here...since it's not like there are a bunch of questions waiting to be answered in the PT group, lol

For those that post with a cell phone or tablet, are you missing the "video" icon?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Do You Use a Wireless Mouse or Post With a Cell Phone?

@iowa_east_coast wrote:

Can't remember the wireless mouse I had before, it ate batteries. I got a Logitech M705 2-2 1/2 years ago and have not changed the battery in it yet. And I don't turn it off, I think it shuts itself off.

This one sounds great!  It is advertised as having a guaranteed 3 year battery life...woo hoo, but my question is ~ can I use this mouse with my Logitech wireless keyboard, which is a cheapie that I bought at a drugstore in an eBay emergency and have never bothered to replace?  Are all wireless mice compatible with any wireless keyboards if they are the same brand?  I googled the question, but didn't receive a definitive answer ~ or one that I could understand! Smiley Tongueanyone know?

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

That I don't know I just have a wireless mouse,my keyboard is wired. Looking I see they sell wireless mice and keyboards together. Check if yours is one they sell with the M705.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Just ordered the M705 ~ found it on sale for $19.99, down from $49.99 ~ and the answer to my question about mice working with the keyboard....well did I ever feel stupid, lol ~ a mouse has nothing to do with a keyboard, so you can mix and match ~ oh the joys of being tech challenged! Smiley Embarassed

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

My mouse is wireless, as is my keyboard.

The only thing that affects a keyboard, is the user.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

WHAT??? you mean i can't blame my keyboard for my horrendous typing anymore??? i'm crushed...crushe, i tell you! 😄

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Just ordered the M705 ~ found it on sale for $19.99, down from $49.99 ~ and the answer to my question about mice working with the keyboard....well did I ever feel stupid, lol ~ a mouse has nothing to do with a keyboard, so you can mix and match ~ oh the joys of being tech challenged! Smiley Embarassed

...in case anyone is just dying to know Smiley Very Happy...received the new mouse on 2/23 and haven't had to change the batteries yet!  Excellent product ~ thanks @iowa_east_coast for the recommendation!

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

😂
While up in the air, I was wondering if your mouse was still working.

Speaking of we got a new/old laptop with 8. Haven't had time to do much with it yet. Got it 2 weeks ago. It already has dust on it.
I did find the charger for the scale I bought here 5 or so years ago. It still works. 😂

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try and get A Microsoft Wireless Mobile 1850 Mouse Batteries last us over 6 months , My husband has been going over a year now same batteries... Hope this helps

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

@hidy-hoo wrote:

...in case anyone is just dying to know Smiley Very Happy...received the new mouse on 2/23 and haven't had to change the batteries yet!  Excellent product ~ thanks @iowa_east_coast for the recommendation!

I han't changed the battery in mine yet either. Maybe it will last forever.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 24 of 27
latest reply

I use rechargeable AA batteries
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

UPDATE:  It has been a little over a year and I still haven't had to change the batteries on my mouse...money well spent!

Image result for energizer bunny gif still going

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

UPDATE:  9/9/18 Well, the batteries didn't last for 3 years...but I think a year and a half without a battery change is excellent and well worth the money!

Related image

Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 27
latest reply