cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Use a Wireless Mouse or Post With a Cell Phone?

...and if you do, how often to you change the battery?

I am having to replace the battery about once a month and am wondering if there is a better mouse with longer battery life....silly question, I know, but so many of my friends don't use a mouse, so thought I would ask here...since it's not like there are a bunch of questions waiting to be answered in the PT group, lol

For those that post with a cell phone or tablet, are you missing the "video" icon?

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Can't remember the wireless mouse I had before, it ate batteries. I got a Logitech M705 2-2 1/2 years ago and have not changed the battery in it yet. And I don't turn it off, I think it shuts itself off.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast

View Best Answer in original post

Message 14 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Wireless mouse.  Dollar store batteries last about 4 months.....however, I don't use this computer for surfing, so that probably makes a big difference.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Wireless mouse, the batteries last about two months and I am online often.

Cell phone... wouldn't want one, they have dumbed down eBay and other sites.

Tablet... my tablets come in a bottle from the drug store.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

...and if you do, how often to you change the battery?

I am having to replace the battery about once a month and am wondering if there is a better mouse with longer battery life....silly question, I know, but so many of my friends don't use a mouse, so thought I would ask here...since it's not like there are a bunch of questions waiting to be answered in the PT group, lol

For those that post with a cell phone or tablet, are you missing the "video" icon?

Misplaced the usb for the wireless mouse, but I bought it on ebay and only changed the battery 2 times in about 2 years.Back to the wired mouse, but the laptop needs to be plugged in all the time anyway 😞

On the phone, you can click on photo tab and it gives the option to add or take video, haven't tried it but it's available.

Dinosaur Laptop, cracked screen iphone, no tablet.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:

.....Dinosaur Laptop, cracked screen iphone, no tablet.

I still stubbornly use a StupidPhone. 

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I use a wireless mouse and change batteries every 3 months or so.  I am online a fair amount, but don't game with the mouse.  Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Use a wireless HP mouse and only remember changing the batteries maybe 3 times in the 3 1/2 years I've had it.  Used a lot, as my only access to the Internet is a desktop.  (Luddite!)  Buy brand name batteries:  Duracell (1st choice:  Really do think they're the best) or Eveready.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Once a month? Are you using alkalines? Rechargeables?

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

My mouse is wired

Had a wireless mouse but I think the cat got it????

List on computer, iPad and iPhone.  I prefer the computer until they can get the apps right. Something always seems to come up missing.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Thanks, everyone ~ sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I had some issues....lost my wallet and it sent me into a tizzy like I haven't been in since I had 3 non-paying buyers and a return all in the same day which required several of those "tablets" that BD referred to! silly tongue emo.gif

I am using Duracell Alkaline batteries, so I doubt it is that...but I have to replace the dang battery every 3 or 4 weeks...and I am on the PC a lot....eBay plus work from home.  I think I will have to do a little research and see if there is a better mouse!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Something I forgot to mention that works for me.  When your mouse battery goes, try switching it off and then on again on the bottom.  That way I get more time with a working mouse if I just want to finish what I'm doing or don't have a new set of batteries immediately available.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I use a wireless mouse with eneloop rechargeable batteries(one AA). The batteries last quite a long time and the fact that they're rechargeable means no more buying batteries. 

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

whoodathunk2
Thrill-Seeker

My husband was constantly leaving the wireless mouse on and replacing the battery weekly at minimum.  I hate the waste, so spent about $8 on Ebay (go figure!) and bought him a wireless "rechargable" mouse.  It came with the charging cable and works great.  He can even use it while charging. I I suppose we could have bought a years worth of batteries for the same price, but at least I don't feel like we're adding to the landfills.  

If you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing it's stupid.
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Can't remember the wireless mouse I had before, it ate batteries. I got a Logitech M705 2-2 1/2 years ago and have not changed the battery in it yet. And I don't turn it off, I think it shuts itself off.

I remember when if you asked Alexa to change the channel, she had to go to the TV and turn the knob. ~ iowa_east_coast
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I use a Logitech wireless mouse, and the batteries seem to last forever. I leave it on when I am not online, and it still seems to last for at least 6 months.

I use Eneloop rechargeable batteries. They are more expensive, but maybe they do last longer.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 15 of 27
latest reply