cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question thread: More flexibility and control over your money

Over the next several weeks, we will be enabling on-demand payouts for sellers who have a weekly, biweekly or monthly payout schedule. You will be able to request a payout of all or part of your available funds on-demand, before your next scheduled payout date. You can learn more about that here, feel free to ask any questions below!

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between 8 am and 4:00 pm PST on 4.13.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

"On-Demand" equals 1-3 business days.  Not much, if any difference to what we have now. I'm still salty over losing Paypal's immediate deposit for a 1% fee. Came in handy when needed.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

"More flexibility and control over your money"

That was Paypal. Since the switch of payout methods/delays of getting paid,  I do most of my selling on FB Marketplace. I run my entire business through my Paypal account and don't like being forced to use my bank at all!

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

@ohiochina wrote:

"On-Demand" equals 1-3 business days.  Not much, if any difference to what we have now. I'm still salty over losing Paypal's immediate deposit for a 1% fee. Came in handy when needed.

@ohiochina  in the Investor Day event last month, Chief Growth Officer Julie Loeger said later this year there would also be an option for on demand payout to a debit card processed within 30 minutes, for a fee.

No details on what that fee will be or when we can expect to see it, but it is theoretically on the road map.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Originally you gave two or three options for payouts, one being daily Monday thru Friday. Then you started doing daily payouts 7 days a week. You've added all these options for sellers but none of them give the original payout of Monday thru Friday. That's the one I'd like to see.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

@toyswithapast wrote:

Originally you gave two or three options for payouts, one being daily Monday thru Friday. Then you started doing daily payouts 7 days a week. You've added all these options for sellers but none of them give the original payout of Monday thru Friday. That's the one I'd like to see.

Hey @toyswithapast I want to pass along your feedback but I'm not sure I totally understand. Can you clarify a little more? Thanks! 

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

I would like daily payouts Monday thru Friday, so 5 payouts a week. I would like no payouts on Saturday or Sunday. This was the original schedule if the seller chose daily payouts. At some point many months ago, eBay started making daily payouts 7 days a week. I'm just asking being able to choose the original payout schedule of 5 days a week. Thanks for passing this along to the team!

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

Love it!!!!

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@ohiochina wrote:

@ohiochina  in the Investor Day event last month, Chief Growth Officer Julie Loeger said later this year there would also be an option for on demand payout to a debit card processed within 30 minutes, for a fee.

No details on what that fee will be or when we can expect to see it, but it is theoretically on the road map.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any idea if that will be an eBay branded debit card or a regular bank debit card?

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

I have a question about the Spendable Funds option that will be introduced.

Will we be able to connect multiple IDs to that fund or will it only be usable with the selling account the funds came from? I ask this because as a seller I do use another ID for buying and I know there are other sellers who do the same. Thanks.

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Will earnings that become Spendable Funds, appear as income on a 1099 if not spent before the end of that same year?

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

I have a question about the Spendable Funds option that will be introduced.

Will we be able to connect multiple IDs to that fund or will it only be usable with the selling account the funds came from? I ask this because as a seller I do use another ID for buying and I know there are other sellers who do the same. Thanks.

Hi @readabouthorses  spendable funds are specific to the account they’re earned in. We don’t support pooling accounts. Thanks!

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

It appears eBay is attempting to hold on to our and I mean our cash longer. I do not approve of this rip off. The policy should be to send us our cash as fast and as soon as possible without fees (use ACH?).

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

As to Spendable funds....will there be a way to designate (at the time of purchase) the purpose of the spend , which will allow us to filter that information when doing taxes?  For example, if I spend on shipping products or other supplies related to my business, if I purchase items for resale (inventory), or if I purchase for personal use? 

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

I agree I have moved most of my sales to FB Marketplace with lower fees. If it doesn't sell there I list them on eBay as a 2nd choice. Hopefully the marketing geniuses at eBay realize someday that they need to be more competitive (meaning lower their fees) if eBay expects to grow their sales.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply