I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

Re: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

yup i agree went throught all of thier **bleep** to get to top rated, now ebay says this is what WE WANT less maoney back please!. just another way for them to not have to pay and they make more $ while the little guys suffers... top rated - not worth the hassle...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 61 of 266
latest reply

@closeoutdealsusa wrote:

It's really not that bad, the way I understand it is this.

I have a premium store and pay 9%, so for $100 item, I am currently paying $9.
So with the update now, I will pay $9.15, an increase of 15c

I receive 20% in fvf, so $9 x 20% = $1.80

So now I will receive $9.15 x 10% = 92c, a decrease of 88c

My costs will increase by $1.03 for $100 sale or $10.30 per $1000.

I don't think it's bad, am I missing something? Fees and expenses keep increasing year after year for all businesses.

@closeoutdealsusa it is bad on the trs thing. say u pay your invoice was 1000, but u paiy then 800 from the 20% discount, and and that will drop to 900 (a 100 loss). for a 2000 invoice you will lose 200 and up and up

Message 62 of 266
latest reply

If you pay $1000 a month in fees you now get a $200 discount

That discount is now only $100

That's $100 a month out of my pocket or $1200 a year.

I pay $1200 a year for my car insurance.

Now what about larger sellers who have fees of $10,000 a month

They will lose $1000 a month, that's not small change. . .

How about a DECREASE IN FEES?

Does eBay really need to make $2 Billion a year on profits?

Message 63 of 266
latest reply

The TRS discount is being cut by 50% not 10%

Message 64 of 266
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

Does eBay really need to make $2 Billion a year on profits?

The Suits need to pay their country club fees, you know.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 65 of 266
latest reply

@teklifestyle wrote:

Migrating over to amazon is looking very attractive at the moment.. I lost my TRS over christmas first time in 4 years due to a minor mistake on our part. But I will be getting it back in 3 weeks... This change is going to cost me 1000's of dollars a year and ebay is trying to spin it as good for us ? Imagine these stores doing over a million a year in sales they are going to be losing 50k + a year. Start Charging basic sellers more fees and quit hurting your bread and butter ebay it doesnt make sense. 

@teklifestyle It is great to hear that you will be Top Rated again. It is an incredible achievement to deliver the retail expectations of a buyer experience like you have. We have received feedback from Top Rated sellers that they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition. Your investment in building a strong business that attracts customers will benefit you as we make these investments focusing on growth. Be sure to take a look at what we are doing in store updates and promoting visibility so you are taking full advantage of options available to you. 

Message 66 of 266
latest reply

"I will also go back to just throwing my packages up on the counter and leaving and not caring if they get scanned or not."
Who stands to be negatively affected by this attitude directly? Your customers.
Packages that are not properly "checked in" with a shipping service are *notorious* for being the cause of trouble. *That* is why I asked that you not punish your customers.
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 67 of 266
latest reply

@tori_729

@tori_729 wrote:

I think your status has to be "below standard" before you get charged the fees. "Above Standard" is right below TRS and I think that's okay.

Thank you Tori

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 68 of 266
latest reply

I can think of a few expletives that clearly convey my feelings about this so-called "update", but they'll be bleeped.

I usually see anywhere from $20.00 to $30.00 discount every month on FVFs due to TRS+. Reducing the discount is tantamount to reaching in my pocket and grabbing another $10.00-$15.00 each month.

Thieves.

What's more, I usually rolled that discount into extra listings ... posting more listings at $.20 each to equal the dollar amount of my discount. Guess what ... NEVER AGAIN. Ebay will not get another extra listing fee from me, EVER.

Smiley Mad

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 69 of 266
latest reply

You didn't READ the post you responded to, did you?

This is a recurring problem with Blues.  Replies are often completely unrelated to the post/question/issue.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 70 of 266
latest reply

"We have received feedback from Top Rated sellers that they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition..."

Please clarify what tools and options you are referring to that will help me grow my business.   The only "tool" I noticed concerned setting shipping rates, but I use the calculator with no problems, so this is useless for me.

How does tightening the TRS guidelines while lowering the discount help my business?

@raquel_bayarea

Message 71 of 266
latest reply

@closeoutdealsusa wrote:

It's really not that bad, the way I understand it is this.

I have a premium store and pay 9%, so for $100 item, I am currently paying $9.
So with the update now, I will pay $9.15, an increase of 15c

I receive 20% in fvf, so $9 x 20% = $1.80

So now I will receive $9.15 x 10% = 92c, a decrease of 88c

My costs will increase by $1.03 for $100 sale or $10.30 per $1000.

I don't think it's bad, am I missing something? Fees and expenses keep increasing year after year for all businesses.

You are exactly right. To make the math easy let's say you pay a10% fee. That means for every $10 in sales you got a .20 discount. Now for every $10 in sales you get a .10 discount. If you're bill is $1000 a month in FVF surely you can afford another $100 in fees. If not you're not making any money anyway. 

You can call me Tony
Message 72 of 266
latest reply

I've been selling on eBay since 1998, but I HAVE HAD IT. They keep making it harder and harder for me to sell on eBay. I worked my butt off to get Top Rated Power seller status. Now they are going to reward me with a 10% increase in fees.

I was getting ready to bail when they take away active content so I have to upgrade my progarmming skills. They are dropping Turbo Lister which made my job easy so I have to jump through more hoops to learn another platform. Thanks for nothing.

I'm going to sell as much as I possibly can until April 30 and then quit for at least 60 days. In the mean time I'll be trying sell cheap on other sites like Bonanza. I hope these greedy bleep's get the message.

Message 73 of 266
latest reply

I would appreciate an explanation as to how eBay is "investing" as you say when, along with the changes, comes a decrease in the financial benefits? It seems to me that the sellers who have reached these points are, in fact, the ones paying (investing) in these changes when it comes down to their "bottom line" profit(s).
I'm personally having a difficult time accepting your explanation as being accurate.
Would you be willing to clarify please? Perhaps I am just mistaken.
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 74 of 266
latest reply

Good point. I'm going to check Amazon and a few other outlets.   Webstore is also a good one. 

Message 75 of 266
latest reply