I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

But wait, we get $30 worth of promoted listings every 3 months!

Message 46 of 266
latest reply

Remember a few years back, when all the tittle tattle was that "Ebay wants to kill Stores"?  I think they just took a major step in that direction.

I cancelled my store last month. I just ran 36 auctions, for the first time in ages, of which 13 sold, and 2 of those are already making nonpaying bidder noises (or non-noise, I guess is more apropos.)

I have about half a dozen auctions left to run, but am not sure I'll even bother with those now. I've just sent out an email blast to my neighbors to come help themselves to what stock I have left that hasn't been prepped for listing. 

I am dog tired of busting my **bleep** for diminishing TRS discounts, dwindling profits, and increasing demands for utter seller perfection. Ebay hasn't been fun in years. It's become a boring, irritating, soul sucking grind that fills me with dread.

And this "Top Rated Sellers asked for this" wording is just an insult. 

I think our recent household downsizing is going to extend into other corners of my life.......starting with ebay.

And please don't lecture me on how I need to change with the times. I've been on Ebay since 1997. I don't owe anyone an analysis of my sales volume or how quantity of sales I've had. Suffice it to say it's been a bunch. I stopped buying here years ago. Outside of my free shipping supplies, I've bought exactly five things on ebay in the past year. People who sold things I might be interested in have mostly packed up and left. 

I have rolled with the changes so much and so often I feel like a flipping roly-poly on a leash. 

Message 47 of 266
latest reply

@baggs-2017 wrote:

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

They're removing third party ads across the platform. Sellers need to remember when they ask for something that Ebay then provides, they lose something else. This is not a charity.

You know that they are only being removed, (read:  moved), so that they can place the new paid for promo sellers' ads there.  If they sellers don't pay, you will see 3rd party sellers there again.  This is the new carrot, pay for placement, which will be right on other seller's ads that do not pay.  Sooner or later there will be no small sellers to share their real estate, and this will collapse.  But for now, they are selling YOUR listing space to other sellers.  

The weasel wording they used left them plenty of room to put whatever they want in YOUR space.  I fully expect to continue to see ads from a certain china replacement site on any china/dinnerware listings I have. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 48 of 266
latest reply

I wait every single day for our mail carrier to arrive so I can ship out the days packages.

NO MORE

Everyone can wait until I'm ready and willing to ship from now on.

It's time to get LAZY

Message 49 of 266
latest reply

I never thought I'd see the day when ebay's number one fan, our cheerleader, our one and only happy face who makes us smile every day would turn.

Change.....As the wind blows
Message 50 of 266
latest reply

Amen on the three day shipping thing. Why oh why bother knocking yourself out for a few cents reduction in fee. It was already knocking on the door of not being worth it anyway.

Message 51 of 266
latest reply

@everythingvaluable

@everythingvaluable wrote:

But isn't there also an additional 4% increase in FVF if you don't meet the standard?

Yes, I will have to re-read but I believe if you drop from TRS back to Above Standard you've earned the right to pay the extra 4%, so fees would go from 10% to 14% for the average Joe Seller ... so for New Sellers who have not yet gotten to even the Above Standard do they start out paying 14% instead of 10%?  or am I missing something here?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 52 of 266
latest reply

This change doesn't make me want to stop selling, because honestly, I don't have much to lose any more. I was already having trouble keeping the 90% tracking margin with one day handling. 

This is a horrible move on Ebay's part - there is NO incentive for me to race my packages to get in the mail on time JUST to save cents on a dollar. Nope, nope nope. I agree with the pp, I will be changing my shipping time back to two days and not worrying about selling nontrackable merchandise.

One question: is there still benefit to being top rated at all and keeping 15 day returns or not so much?

Message 53 of 266
latest reply

For 10% I will no longer jump thru the hoops

I'm going back to 3 day handling but going to paid shipping dosnt help as we are charged for it

I'm raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE IM 71 AND RETIRED

Message 54 of 266
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@everythingvaluable

@everythingvaluable wrote:

But isn't there also an additional 4% increase in FVF if you don't meet the standard?

Yes, I will have to re-read but I believe if you drop from TRS back to Above Standard you've earned the right to pay the extra 4%, so fees would go from 10% to 14% for the average Joe Seller ... so for New Sellers who have not yet gotten to even the Above Standard do they start out paying 14% instead of 10%?  or am I missing something here?

Mr lincoln I think the 4% is for below standard only?
Am I getting it wrong?

Edit
I just read it again it is below standard that they charge the extra 4%

Message 55 of 266
latest reply

I've seen it said a few times that they have more TRS that they expected or wanted.  If so, why not just eliminate the program?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 56 of 266
latest reply

Everyone has their breaking point

eBay just found mine!

I work way too hard for that 20% discount

I'm going into the GREEN business if you get my drift, it's a GROWING thing here in America where I can HARVEST my income. . .

Message 57 of 266
latest reply

I think your status has to be "below standard" before you get charged the fees. "Above Standard" is right below TRS and I think that's okay.

Message 58 of 266
latest reply

It's really not that bad, the way I understand it is this.

I have a premium store and pay 9%, so for $100 item, I am currently paying $9.
So with the update now, I will pay $9.15, an increase of 15c

I receive 20% in fvf, so $9 x 20% = $1.80

So now I will receive $9.15 x 10% = 92c, a decrease of 88c

My costs will increase by $1.03 for $100 sale or $10.30 per $1000.

I don't think it's bad, am I missing something? Fees and expenses keep increasing year after year for all businesses.

Message 59 of 266
latest reply

I don't believe I'm being short-sighted. I may not be a seller here at eBay, but I can *assure* you I am no stranger to selling. Not in the least. You are not "jumping through hoops" for eBay. It should be done for your *customers* benefit. If you do not wish to provide certain things for your customers, that is certainly your choice and only one you can make (knowing what works for you). However, in whatever you do, it should be done #1. for the customer and #2. to the best of your ability. You have to be honest and realistic with yourself on what *exactly* you can provide (given your personal situation, and we *all* have one), and do the *best* at that, whatever it is.
That is what I'm saying.
"I've decided I'm not old. I'm 25 plus shipping & handling!"
(I have PM disabled. Contact me via messages.)
Message 60 of 266
latest reply