cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
199 REPLIES 199

It's here! Spring 2016 Seller Update

Store owners don't really have to worry about the increase.........because eBay is now in the SHIPPING SUPPLIES business??!!  Did I read that right?

Message 2 of 200
latest reply

Thanks for posting this!

Did a quick skim.  Love this one.  Now eBay wants us to pay for advertising for them.  Heck, I go out of my way to keep the word eBay OFF of my packages now.  Ha!  Okay, until we see the prices, it's hard to say, but I can't imagine their prices being so good on shipping supplies that I'll give them my bucks for them.  We shall see.

eBay-branded shipping supplies

Later this month, sellers will be able to conveniently purchase affordable eBay-branded shipping supplies on eBay with quick handling time and free shipping. Premium-quality boxes, envelopes and tape are available at very competitive prices, providing you with one-stop shopping convenience for all your packaging needs. eBay-branded shipping supplies are eco-friendly, too.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 3 of 200
latest reply

The last thing I want is eBay branded Priority boxes.

We even cut the "eBay" off of the online labels.

Message 4 of 200
latest reply

The category changes make ebay look even more Etsy.  Vintage clothing and vintage linens are changed by expansion.

But i'm not going to bring my vintage back here with the mall shoppeing ebay buyers expecting new mall quality condition and sized merchandise.

And look, there's a fee increase for you poor store owners.

I'm pretty happy about the changes.  I have been doing the short descriptions for years, since I discovered that no matter what you say, if an ebay buyer wants a refund, they will get it.  So why waste time describing like there are no pictures and taking pictures like there is no description - since a large chunk of ebay buyers don't bother to look at either and ebay lets them get away with it at a cost to the seller.

(*Bleep*)
Message 5 of 200
latest reply

I still have a batch of the ebay branded USPS Box 4 boxes from when they first came out years ago - now they wanna make a buck on it? We used to get 'em free. 

Message 6 of 200
latest reply

@unscrupulousintangibility wrote:

But ebay can now compete with Amazon, on a level playing field with their own branded boxes.

(where is that sarcasm font)

(*Bleep*)
Message 7 of 200
latest reply

Just starting to read through, but this made me chuckle:

• We’ve heard from thousands of sellers who want to promote the eBay brand and grow their business on eBay. Shipping your items with the eBay logo on tape, boxes or mailers is a great way to drive consumer awareness about your eBay business and drive traffic back to eBay, which helps you and other eBay sellers. Sellers have also told us that the eBay logo creates an impression of value.

And because eBay-branded shipping supplies are produced in large quantities, you can buy these premium-quality shipping materials at very competitive prices.

I guess they mean creates an impression of value that says "steal me"!

Message 8 of 200
latest reply

Don't know that it is necessarily Priority boxes.  I'm thinking more along the line like Amazon's.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 9 of 200
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

Don't know that it is necessarily Priority boxes.  I'm thinking more along the line like Amazon's.

That's what I was thinking. They are supposed to be eco-friendly. I am wondering if their eco-friendly tape will be the paper kind like Amazon or if it will be flimsy plastic that doesn't stick. I'm ALL for eco-friendly, but the eco-friendly plastic tapes have been horrendous in my experience.

Message 10 of 200
latest reply

Thanks for posting.

It's nice that there is nothing particularly earth shattering in there this time.

We can stop holding our breath now, at least until the Fall Update, lol. :smileyhappy:

Message 11 of 200
latest reply

@hollysfinds wrote:

It's nice that there is nothing particularly earth shattering in there this time.

It all depends on your perspective. Ebay destroyed the vintage clothing categories and dumped all reproductions right in the middle of vintage, no differentiation - exact opposite of the responses they got when they asked about it in CSA.

Good thing etsy exists.

Message 12 of 200
latest reply

@unscrupulousintangibility wrote:

... plain brown (unprinted) boxes would be less expensive to manufacturer ... I know, have been in the packaging industry for over 30 years.  I would be interested to know the spec on the corrugated they plan on using for the boxes ... could be a weaker structure.  If anything, get the tape rolls printed instead.

On another note, is it wise to advertise your box is an eBay package?  Wouldn't that invite more tampering?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 200
latest reply

All sellers using 30 day FP or GTC need to watch their "upgrades" on items over $150.

Gallery Plus (free for collectibles and other cats) will now be $2.00

On 3/5/7/10 day $0.70

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 14 of 200
latest reply

The least they could do is have a working link to the info about the User Agreement changes....

Message 15 of 200
latest reply