cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
199 REPLIES 199

It's here! Spring 2016 Seller Update

Does anyone know if there are changes to the insertion fee credit (for each auction that sells the insertion fee which you paid is refunded) with the new spring update? I have an anchor store but do not use the BIN options. Up to now it was still worthwhile with 2500 insertion free listings and lower listing fees but now it doesn't make any sense anymore. But I would like to know if there are any changes to the insertion fee credit system.

Message 196 of 200
latest reply

With the new ebay store listing limits for stores starting May 2016, will the limits be across the board?

I see that the basic store is increased from 300 total to 500 total, the Premium store is increased goes from 600 total to 1,500 total and the Anchor store goes from 2,600 total to 11,000 total liimit!!! 

But...what about those withOUT a store?  How much of an increase will THEY get??

Or are those people being dismissed as 'unimportant because they don't sell to much' ????

If the stores get more, then those withOUT a store should get more too.  Besides, the more they offer, the more ebay earns.

Message 197 of 200
latest reply

I am concerned with the increase in store subscriptions but the email marketing function that is apart of my paid store subscription is NOT functioning.  It is a very important tool.   Will there be rebates due to this function not working? 

Message 198 of 200
latest reply

@tracy_lit5 wrote:

With the new ebay store listing limits for stores starting May 2016, will the limits be across the board?

I see that the basic store is increased from 300 total to 500 total, the Premium store is increased goes from 600 total to 1,500 total and the Anchor store goes from 2,600 total to 11,000 total liimit!!! 

But...what about those withOUT a store?  How much of an increase will THEY get??

Or are those people being dismissed as 'unimportant because they don't sell to much' ????

If the stores get more, then those withOUT a store should get more too.  Besides, the more they offer, the more ebay earns.

@carneycreations Good question for the Weekly Chat with ebay staff.  I was a non-store Seller until this past weekend when they DID raise the Basic Store Level Auction Style listings from 100 to 250.  Prior to that it was a toss up to go to the store level or not.  I don't think it is so much that the non-store Sellers are unimportant ... it probably has more to do with selling numbers for new non-store Sellers.  If you keep track of your numbers as a non-store seller you either keep growing and a store makes sense or you level off as a hobby seller making a couple of bucks per month ... my wife and I both work full time jobs plus have ebay accounts.  She likes it more as a hobby then a real serious additonal cash stream right now,  my selling is a little different and that is why I am testing the Basic Store level on a monthly basis ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 199 of 200
latest reply

Tracy, please forgive me, but I fail to see your logic?

We who have stores, pay rent on them every month, regardless if we sell one item or not.  And our rent just went up. The extra listings are intended to give store subscribers a little value for the bucks we are paying. So, what you are getting free - yes, the non store users got somewhat of an increase too - we sellers are shelling out more dollars than ever before, so we have earned the increase in listings - it is not an entitlement.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 200 of 200
latest reply