cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Re: I can't leave negative feedback???

buy-it-here-and-now, open a new account and the feedback would be zero.
Message 571 of 691
latest reply

In the physical store, you cannot ask the staff to put away the merchandise for a week without any commitment especially it is the only one left on the shelf.
Also, the physical stores do not have to paid the big brothers (like Ebay and PayPal) x% fees.
If the stores have to pay the x% even if the customer refuse to pay, then the store would not be as lenient as you have suggested.
Message 572 of 691
latest reply

I agree, I just had a seller try to extort me for a partial refund because his 'box' was damaged by USPS. I told him it was covered by insurance, but he said this was my problem and demanded  an (arbitrary amount) refund and suggested I do so because I'm not leaving a very good 'impression'.  

I gave him all the info to apply for a claim, but he ignored my help, left negative feedback, then after the fact wanted to return the merchandise for a refund!!! I was a positive 100%. I in turn was not allowed to leave negative feedback about my experience with this buyer, and my reporting of this experience has elicited no response. (I did not accept the return)

Beware, this is a new breed of ripoff artists that are trying to defraud sellers (I'm mostly a buyer) and ebay is letting it happen. It should be understood now that buyer feedback ratings have no value anymore.

Best thing I can do is to no longer be sell  on ebay, not a big loss for them, but this experience will be handed down to others. 

ebay used to be reputable, now just .....automated.

Good bye ebay

Message 573 of 691
latest reply

Yeah, I just left Amazon because I got tired of all their "buyer's always right and can return back defective items that weren't yours and do whatever they want and scam the seller" **bleep**.  So I came back to Ebay and now have buyers not paying.  Went to leave negative....actually I was going to be nice and leave a nasty neutral...but say what??  No negative or neutral comments?  This is as bad as Amazon.  i think they are probably doing it to compete with Amazon's "buyer is always right" attitude.  

But what happens is buyers take advantage.  On Amazon I shipped a brand new electronic handheld game new in the package.  Buyer sent it back to Amazon and was refunded.  When I received the product back at my house, the entire thing was covered in battery acid lol.  **bleep**!  And Ebay is turning out the same way.  Good thing I am starting a website and getting away from Ebay AND Amazon.  Screw them!  They don't give a SH@! about their sellers who make their platforms run.  I hope sellers start to leave them so much that they start to notice on their reports and say woah!...looks like we need to treat our sellers better or we won't have a business in a few years.  That would be nice.

Message 574 of 691
latest reply

This is silly. What’s the purpose of a feedback system if only the sellers are affected?  Deadbeat bidders should face sone consequences for not paying up. It wastes sellers time and effort.  I’m shocked that this thead has been open for 5 years without a proper response from ebay as to why they have this policy. 

Message 575 of 691
latest reply

BYE FELECIA!
Message 576 of 691
latest reply

This is horrible.  I had a "buyer" purchase a product, use it for a month, then ebay forced me to give him a refund even though I listed it as no refunds.  He claimed the product was not working, when i received it back it was working fine, but over time it devalues quickly...  he basically got to use it for free during it's most profitable period and left me stuck holding the bag.  And I have no way to leave him negative feedback, so he has 100% positive feedback and is clearly a scammer.  Absolutely horrible.  I'm never going to sell on ebay again.

Message 577 of 691
latest reply

Another doozy.

New ebayer in Belarus, buys my item, closing fees are nearly $40.00

guy doesn't pay.

As a seller I have every right to leave a blemish on his account for being a  (0) ebayer...

EBAY YOU NEED TO FIX YOUR POLICYS.

THIS SH*T is WRONG...

Took a week to deal with the closing fee's..

Ebay is headed to  go belly up from their poor policy.

Message 578 of 691
latest reply

Fake accounts created by eBay to con the mugs and possibly increase bids for higher commission? Notice how they also took away the ability to block those with no feedback ratings?
Message 579 of 691
latest reply

I sell a lot of clothes, and don't accept returns.  I try to give every measurement I can think of, take pictures from every angle plus labels, etc. so there's no way they can file a NAD, I've had people request to return, and I deny them, telling them my listings clearly say I DON'T accept returns, and I get a message from eBay saying they "suggest" I accept the return.  No - most buyers are fine, but especially with special occasion clothing they think they can "rent" it and ruin it for everyone.

One woman bought a pre-worn sweater, and a few weeks later said she wanted to return it because "I don't like it."  Tough!  How many times did she wear it?  

Another wacko won an auction for a men's wool blend suit, then wanted to return it. claiming "You said it's wool and it's poly."  No, I said not once, not twice, but THREE times in the listing (title, drop-down box, and description) that it was a wool/poly blend.  Fortunately eBay sided with me.

You know what I really don't get?  People who sell books, CDs, DVDs, etc. and offer 30 day returns.  Sure...plenty of time to read the book then get a refund! 

Message 580 of 691
latest reply

BTW, I had one looney tune who was dissatisfied with her 8" high ankle boots.  She claimed there was a 4" lift in them!  She didn't contact me first  - she IMMEDIATELY left a negative before saying she wanted to return them, which got me PO'd. I contacted eBay and again they sided with me, but I was soooo tempted to leave a "positive" feedback that said "I'll think of this buyer every time I hear the title of Ashley Judd's poem."  Smiley LOL  ("I am a Nasty Woman")  

People like that and the suit person go right on my blocked bidders list. 

Message 581 of 691
latest reply

stop shouting

Message 582 of 691
latest reply

You are so smart. Condescending as well.
Message 583 of 691
latest reply

That doesn't work, as I just learned. You just see the positive rating. No one digs to read the negative comments.
Message 584 of 691
latest reply

I propose that some one start a site for dead beat Ebay Non payment Buyers and that We the Sellers List there name address and telephone number on that site after giving the Dead Beat a warning of the name being publish I have 4 dead beat in the last 2 weeks

Message 585 of 691
latest reply