cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, an official explanation to the outrageous USPS DELIVERY DELAYS

https://www.businessinsider.com/postmaster-general-carriers-leave-mail-delays-routes-usps-postal-ser...

After a heated confrontation with my postmaster today about why the USPS is trying to destroy my business with record delays and missing packages, he finally offered an explanation that wasn't the usual excuse or denial.  I've been able to confirm what he told me.  The new PG in an effort to cut costs has banned all overtime throughout the USPS and has instructed employees to just let mail sit until they are caught up enough to get to it, without charging overtime.  We are officially screwed.   

I just registered an account with UPS and will use them for items over $25 and see if I can absorb the additional shipping costs.  At least I'll have my sanity, God willing.  I cannot spend one more day apologizing for late deliveries. 

Message 1 of 139
latest reply
138 REPLIES 138

Your local PM is not personally out to destroy your business. *Stuff* rolls downhill. He's in the middle, you're on the bottom. That's well known in business. None of us like it, but these shipping problems are probably only going to get worse. I wish the best to all struggling sellers out there. I've had issues too...

Message 2 of 139
latest reply

Yes this has been mentioned here are 3 weeks ago. I wonder if this is a ploy to make the USPS so unreliable that it will motivate to privatize it finally.

Message 3 of 139
latest reply

All I can say is that the delays are so outrageous that I am going to have to stop using eBay if a seller can't ship UPS.  I'm a 22-year member, something like 125 purchases this year, and I am DONE until this situation gets resolved.  USPS is currently sitting on an item I looked for for over two years. I was about to start buying my dream china, too.  Not now, not with the way things are going.

Message 4 of 139
latest reply

Cutback management

Next possibility is a reduction in staff, & the closing of some post offices.

Message 5 of 139
latest reply

@gidgetpup5 wrote:

https://www.businessinsider.com/postmaster-general-carriers-leave-mail-delays-routes-usps-postal-ser...

After a heated confrontation with my postmaster today about why the USPS is trying to destroy my business with record delays and missing packages, he finally offered an explanation that wasn't the usual excuse or denial.  I've been able to confirm what he told me.  The new PG in an effort to cut costs has banned all overtime throughout the USPS and has instructed employees to just let mail sit until they are caught up enough to get to it, without charging overtime.  We are officially screwed.   

I just registered an account with UPS and will use them for items over $25 and see if I can absorb the additional shipping costs.  At least I'll have my sanity, God willing.  I cannot spend one more day apologizing for late deliveries. 

Yes, the new PMG  is out to destroy USPS. He contributed over 2.5 million dollars to tRumps campaign and "POOF" he gets an appointment. The new PMG and his wife hold between 35 and 70 million dollars worth of stock in USPS competition.  A blatant conflict of interest, just like with DeVos who's money comes from interest and fees from student loans and that is why she is out to destroy the public school system. It all comes back to the money they can shove in their already buldging pockets.

Message 6 of 139
latest reply

As a buyer, I understand. I have had numerous visits to my post office due to me not receiving my packages on time and the tracking system stinks when they use it.  This is all due to trump because he is trying to make them look bad and say they cant handle the mail in ballots for nov. election.  I have also spoken to my mail carrier. Its not his fault. I use to get my mail around 130 now im lucky if i get it by 6pm.  Anyone buying right now should know this and expect this. I do. I just dont like paying for something and tracking if they cant keep up with the tracking and if its going to be delivered in 7 days instead of 5 just say something so im not looking for it.good luck

Message 7 of 139
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

Cutback management

Next possibility is a reduction in staff, & the closing of some post offices.

We already did that to pay the 75 year pension Congress demanded (and then borrowed). 

It's like Congress sees USPS as a cash cow. One that they want to still produce milk while they cut steaks off of.

Message 8 of 139
latest reply

Me too! Used to get my mail delivered at 3:30 and now it is after 6pm. Strange. Not sure how that can be cost effective.

Message 9 of 139
latest reply

I will never be okay with expecting delays for what they charge, sorry.

Message 10 of 139
latest reply

UPS is a little slower these days too due to covid and increased demand for service. They are not known for handling fragile items as well, many boxes look like they spent the afternoon in a cage of monkeys that were feed pixie stix.

Message 11 of 139
latest reply

I don't doubt that you are conveying what you were told, but I know that the post office I use is still using overtime.  I overheard it just yesterday - directions from the supervisor to the counter attendee that she'd need to work overtime this week.  

Message 12 of 139
latest reply

While most people are upset with the slow mail service I have had problems with damaged mail. Two recent damaged items that were packed very well. My record with getting items safely to my customers has been stellar but I am concerned to the point that I have stopped selling. Both packages were sent to the wrong facilities (which happens all the time now) and took a long time to get where they were going.

Message 13 of 139
latest reply

oh my.... business

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 14 of 139
latest reply

Why would the newly appointed Postmaster General want to "make the USPS so unreliable that it will motivate to privatize it finally."? 

Several people here, one of whom is a USPS employee,  have explained that the PMG has enacted a rule to cut down on overtime, therefore, no USPS trucks whizzing around at 9PM.

Combined with the current slower shipping and delivery due to Covid-19, yes, there will be more packages delivered lately.  ALL buyers need to exercise some patience at this time.  If what you  ordered was needed urgently, then you would have purchased it locally, right? 

Message 15 of 139
latest reply