cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, October 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Happy October! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Community Chat, October 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@mam98031 wrote:

For me, I can now see the FB of others.  It wasn't limited to just the forums, it was also in the rest of Ebay too or at least that was my experience.  It now appears to be fixed again.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

OK now I need to take this back as it has gone POOF again for the forums.  I can still see the FB on the other Ebay pages.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 76
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@somanypostcards wrote:

When I try to print the Purchase History for a combined order of more than 11 items, I go to Order Details and select Printer Friendly Page.  This shows ALL the purchased items.  However when I click on Print, only 1-page is shown that does NOT contain ALL the purchased items, only the first eleven.  How can I print a complete purchase history?

That's frustrating @somanypostcards! I just tried to recreate that with one of your recent larger purchases but when I select the Printer friendly page option, I'm shown all items. I'm on Chrome. How are you accessing the site? What trouble shooting have you already done? 

Yes, the Printer friendly page option shows all items.  However, when you then click on Print, only some (11) of the items are shown.  This is only a problem for combined purchases of 12 or more items.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 17 of 76
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  - I'm seeing incorrect data in the Listing Quality Report again.

It looks like they've added some new fields for INR, SNAD, and negative feedback.  The report is now counting 2 orders that were canceled as buyer request with no feedback left as "negative feedback" and for all three it seems to be counting cases that are older than the 31 day timeframe that report is supposed to cover.

More info here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-to-the-Listing-Quality-Report-Incorrect-data-for-INR/m... 

Since Harry isn't here anymore, I wasn't sure who best to direct this to (maybe Michael Cuttone?), but if you could get it to the appropriate team, I'd appreciate it!

@valueaddedresource we are happy to get it in the right hands, thank you! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 18 of 76
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

For me, I can now see the FB of others.  It wasn't limited to just the forums, it was also in the rest of Ebay too or at least that was my experience.  It now appears to be fixed again.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

OK now I need to take this back as it has gone POOF again for the forums.  I can still see the FB on the other Ebay pages.

👻

Message 19 of 76
latest reply

@tincan630 wrote:

I've been complaining about the changes to the search bar drop down menu for the last 2 weeks here on community chat. Last week I got a reply from Velvet in which she asked to provide more details in a post which was to be tagged to her. I posted under tech issues to her attention and never got a reply. If she's still out there I encourage her to read the message from 9/29 and also my post from 5/14/21 which may be more informative since it got replies and graphics from other members that detail the changes to search that i find to be so discouraging.

Hey @tincan630! I'm sorry for any confusion but I didn't get a notification. eburtonlab did tag me in your post from May though and I replied there with the info I received from our tech team. I'm sorry if you missed the notification with my tag. I'll include a link to the post here, but in the end, this is not something they will be changing back. I've passed feedback along as I note there though, and I'm glad we were at least able to get you an answer to your question. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 20 of 76
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 - this is what makes it so insidious, the intermittent nature of this bug is maddening. All links and profile photos are gone for me from the Community site as of this morning. But yesterday they were fine, and tomorrow they may be back for me. 

It's really frustrating, but I'm glad they're back for you, and I hope they stay a good long time!

Do you still want reports.......per Shelia's request?  Seems ya'll can see it, so not sure why they can't?

-----

Message 21 of 76
latest reply

Message settings from eBay are ineffective. Messages are posted multiple times for each sale. All I want to see is one message for each order when it is OK to ship. I had turned off sale and order notifications because there were too many. US eBay orders are captured by SixBit, but orders from foreign sites are not.  After an order from eBay.au was missed, I turned on email notifications. There were so many sale and payment emails that I missed an order from eBay.de. 

My Asks:

1. Please provide a way to limit emails to one email for each order when it is paid. One customer purchased fifteen unique items resulting in a page of emails when the items sold and another when the order was paid.

2. Please provide the means to set preferences to receive order paid notifications only from non-US eBay sites.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 22 of 76
latest reply

tyler@ebay - since the other thread was kind of buried in the forum boards, I just wanted to say thanks again for getting everything sorted out with the Voices:Collectibles section and I'm glad to see steve@collectibles was able to stop by to answer some of the posts. 😊

Any idea when Steve might pop back in over there or when we can expect to hear more about the future of the Voices program?

-----

Message 23 of 76
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@mam98031 - this is what makes it so insidious, the intermittent nature of this bug is maddening. All links and profile photos are gone for me from the Community site as of this morning. But yesterday they were fine, and tomorrow they may be back for me. 

It's really frustrating, but I'm glad they're back for you, and I hope they stay a good long time!

Do you still want reports.......per Shelia's request?  Seems ya'll can see it, so not sure why they can't?

Yes please @dhbookds - our only recourse at this point is to document as many folks being impacted as possible, which will hopefully help Khoros isolate root cause. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 24 of 76
latest reply

SR# 1-379775585606

Long time follower but first time posting.

I have been with eBay for over 23 years and been very happy with sales with nearly a 100% sales rate.

But a few months ago, I got caught by the eBay system and lost my Top Rated Seller status due to too many sales without tracking uploaded. I immediately contacted customer service requesting them to look closer at my records and they would see that the sales without tracking uploaded were all local pickups.

I thought I got their attention and would get some further consideration. But no response. One CSR said they did not have the option to remove such defects. But the defect was issued by eBay in error.

And options in seller hub do not exist to record an item as picked up so that it overrides the need for tracking. A few years back eBay advised me to send buyers wanting pickup a new invoice that deletes the shipping options leaving only the local pickup options.  Also, that I should add a note to the order that the buyer picked up the item and the date.

I am aware that if an item is paid for by the buyer through eBay, that an option does exist to mark an item as picked up. But the vast majority of my customer prefer to pay upon pick up as allowed by eBay.

I know you are very limited in your dealings with Customer Service but their failure to respond is highly disappointing. Below is the last meaningful message dated 9/12/21 from Customer Service.

“RE: update about your defect SR# 1-379775585606

Hello Glenn,

Thank you for writing back to eBay regarding your tracking report.  I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Top Rated status despite listing the item as pick up only. I fully understand your point that no tracking needs to be uploaded since items are for pick up. Rest assured that I am more than willing to help you with this matter.

I can certainly understand how inconvenience this matter has caused you and I do apologise if this is causing you confusion. First of all, we would like to extend our gratitude for choosing us as your On-line marketplace and for being part of eBay community.

Glenn, I personally believe that this shouldn't be counted under tracking not uploaded since items have been picked up and I know that you wanted the records to be corrected however, please understand that for tracking uploaded on time and validated, we don't have an option to remove individual defects as the defects we can only removed are defects for cancelled transactions and cases closed without seller resolution but if we can see that it's the only requirement that was not met to be a Top Rated Seller and the defect should not be counted, we are overriding the seller status of the member. No worries as I will have this escalated for a review for possible adjustment and this will reflect on the next evaluation once reviewed and confirmed that the transactions shouldn't be recorded as tracking not uploaded.

I'd appreciate your understanding and patience on this. I can guarantee you that I have fully documented this.

I trust that I've set your mind at ease because as always, our goal is to ensure you have the best online trading experience on eBay.

Kind regards,

Maria

eBay Trust and Safety”

My follow up of 9/28/21 has not been answered.

My hope is that Customer Service does the right thing and corrects their error. Local pickups do not require tracking.

Also, I would hope that eBay would correct the system to allow all items to be marked as picked up.

-----

Message 25 of 76
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:
Yes please @dhbookds - our only recourse at this point is to document as many folks being impacted as possible, which will hopefully help Khoros isolate root cause. 

What are they telling you about this issue as of today? They've been aware of it for weeks now, and hopefully working on it for almost as long, so what have they been able to determine so far?

As I said elsewhere already, it appeared that the Khoros link was trying to call the eBay API named eBayISAPI.dll, but getting nothing in return. Perhaps Khoros has removed the dead links to spare us the distraction, though hopefully someone is actually trying to solve the problem rather than hide the symptoms. 

Given the size of the customer that is eBay, they should be offering you periodic Zoom status meetings at minimum, say, once a week. Having it on Tuesday afternoons or Wednesday mornings would be ideal, as you would be up to date in time for the Weekly Chat.

I know it seems like I am suggesting some obvious things here, but I'm finding it frustrating when the obvious things don't seem to be actually occurring. Thanks!

-----

Message 26 of 76
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

Has anyone given the links to  Khoros that  Eburton has posted several times..........that they are the ones that aren't working?

-----

Message 27 of 76
latest reply

@tincan630 

If this is the thread/post to which you're referring, you didn't post the tag correctly. That's why she didn't see it.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Search-bar-drop-down-results/m-p/32326825/...

Message 28 of 76
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

RE: New Promoted Program

I don’t do community posts complaining about slow sales bc I know online selling is not what it use to be and sales will go thru phases and generally, sellers get what they put in (hopefully).

BUT, as of about Sept 20, this has drastically changed for me and lots of other sellers according to recent posts. This ‘slow sales’ complaint is very different than the numerous whining posts we’ve encountered over the years. It’s as if our selling accounts no longer exist.

I averaged about 1 sale a day over the last few years, with some upswing during the Christmas shopping season. But not any more.

This phenomena happens to be horizontal to the timeline of the new Promoted Listings Advanced (PLA) BETA eBay has rolled out.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Promoted-Listings-Advanced-BETA-for-business...  

It’s like: If we don’t sign into this program, our listings will no longer be made as visible as b4, regardless of using the ‘regular’ promoted listings (which all 600+ of my listings have)

Thank you, 

Dev

Hey @stuff4divas please know your sales are not impacted negatively if you don't use PL or PLA. That can help showcase an item but if a buyer is looking for your item they will still find it. I'm happy to get eyes on it for sure, and if I get more info to share from them I will let you know! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 29 of 76
latest reply

Good afternoon. 

The post by @savannah3 reminded me of a question I had about local pick up.  I was wondering if a buyer pays cash at pick up, is the final value fee adjusted because eBay is NOT processing any funds?  Is the seller's final value fee now less the money processing  portion? 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 30 of 76
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: