cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Promoted Funkoween Presale Violations

tyler@ebay  brian@ebay brittanie@ebay 

Why is eBay actively promoting a Funko Pop Funkoween event where most listings are in violation of eBay's Presale Policies?

These are just a few examples but many of the 400+ listings eBay has included here don't follow the rules.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-listings-policy?id=4252 

https://www.ebay.com/e/artscollectibles/funkoween-2021 

funko.jpg

funkoweenpage1-1.jpg

funkoween3-1.jpg

funkoween1-1.jpg

Message 1 of 92
latest reply
91 REPLIES 91

Re: eBay Promoted Funkoween Presale Violations

@atlanicpawn wrote:

Didn't eBay just get rid of the holiday catagories?

@atlanicpawn  oddly enough that's the reason I even stumbled on this. 🤣

I was looking to see what the new category/item specifics "experience" was like as a buyer for holiday items and saw the banner splashed across the main collectibles page yesterday.

Advertising Halloween themed presales at the end of May and on a major "retail moment" holiday weekend seemed a little odd to me (you'd think they'd be hitting outdoor/summer trends or patriotic themes?),  so I clicked through to see what it was about.

Message 16 of 92
latest reply

You have saved me. I now have more items for my room lol

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 17 of 92
latest reply

Still 450 or so active listings in that "event" most of which are in violation.

I guess eBay's just happy they can count these sales in this quarter's GMV - added bonus, if any issues crop up in October, eBay doesn't have to refund any fees! 🙄

Message 18 of 92
latest reply

And as anticipated no response from any of the 3 eBay employees tagged - laughable isn't it ?

When I fist saw that you guys had that option to tag them here (on our boards in Au we have nothing) I really thought it was double standards at best and we were missing out, now I realise they really are not much more help that CS anyway - very stock standard responses to most questions when the bother to reply.

Not feeling so hard done by over here anymore LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 19 of 92
latest reply

@downunder-61  I was going to bring it up in the chat today, but it looks like it's a specific topic chat so I guess it will have to wait until next week if we still don't have a response.

Message 20 of 92
latest reply

That weekly chat is of course another thing we don't have, but I noticed that very rarely the 'topic' is of any REAL problems eBayer's are experiencing anyway, so again, no big loss I guess.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 21 of 92
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

That weekly chat is of course another thing we don't have, but I noticed that very rarely the 'topic' is of any REAL problems eBayer's are experiencing anyway, so again, no big loss I guess.

@downunder-61  the value of the weekly chat may not only be in the response from eBay, if one gets a response. 😉 Often the weekly chats get a lot more "eyes" on them and because of how the board is structured, they don't move down and off the page quite so quickly.

I know eBay Canada has sort of a weekly "chat" too but it's different than the one here.  The US one is a dedicated time and place where staff is on hand and it gets closed after the hour, so it feels a little more like a "chat".

The one on the Canadian boards is more like just an open thread where people can post questions and eBay staff may answer within a day or two I think, so it's more like just a regular discussion thread than a "chat".

Maybe they could get something like that going for you guys at least?

Message 22 of 92
latest reply

For those following this thread:

brian@ebay  did respond to my question in the chat today. Thanks Brian!

I actually did send this to the appropriate team for review but I neglected to update that thread. Sorry about that! I don't have an update to provide just yet but when I have more details I'll put them in that thread. Thanks!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Discussion-with-eBay/Community-Chat-June-2-1-00-pm-PT-Trading-C...

Message 23 of 92
latest reply

probably the reason it feels more like a chat is bc it was originally a chat-like format previously.  it has obviously been altered, but yes, it's still very valuable -- even if not perfect. 😛

Message 24 of 92
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@valueaddedresource I've received an update on this.

We are always trying to deliver the best selection of products on site, no matter what the category. FUNKO new releases are always some of the most highly sought after items on eBay. The FUNKOween event was an attempt to display all of the new upcoming releases from one of our top brands, but in doing so, some listings that were featured circumvented our 30 day presale policy. We have realized some of the items being featured were against our policy and ended the event.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 25 of 92
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@valueaddedresource I've received an update on this.

We are always trying to deliver the best selection of products on site, no matter what the category. FUNKO new releases are always some of the most highly sought after items on eBay. The FUNKOween event was an attempt to display all of the new upcoming releases from one of our top brands, but in doing so, some listings that were featured circumvented our 30 day presale policy. We have realized some of the items being featured were against our policy and ended the event.

Thank you brian@ebay  - you ended the event - did you end all of the listings that were in violation as well?

Message 26 of 92
latest reply

WOWWWW No replies from the cheerleaders to tell us...

ITS EBAYS PLAYGROUND

YOU MUST NOT KNOW THE RULES

IT EBAY ALLOWS IT ITS OK

WHY ARE YOU MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm SILENCE LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Message 27 of 92
latest reply

Between Brian's answer and this Tweet from eBay - it's starting to sound more to me like this was possibly a partnership with "one of eBay's biggest brands" to promote their event, even though it should have been clear from the start the items being promoted would not be released until Sept/Oct and couldn't possibly comply with presale policies.

tweet.jpg

Message 28 of 92
latest reply

They seem to have not ended the listings. This one mentions September release.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373591768410?

Message 29 of 92
latest reply

Thanks @nobody*s_perfect  - the few I checked had not been ended either.

Message 30 of 92
latest reply