cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Community Chat, January 6 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

Although this seems inconsequential today,  I still want to get a response about item specifics and the "required" specifics coming soon.

All of my variation listings are coming up as needing updating for item specifics, particularly for color and size and in fact those are the variations?

I've been asking for weeks.  Do you guys know anything? Who can we turn to?

This is going to affect a good number of my listings.  

How can we have variation listings and then be required to put in One Size or One Color in item specifics.

(the teams need to talk to each other and get a resolution for us)

Hi @golfingaddict - I know this has been on your radar for a long time, I'm sorry we haven't gotten you something definitive yet. 

Will you remind me if you've spoken with the structured data team about this already (sdsupport@ebay.com)? We'll need to get something escalated to them on this I think. 

No,  I have not spoken to anyone, nor has anyone given any answers or suggestions.

I have listings with thousands of views, hundreds of watchers and sales and the variation is size.  Now ebay says I have to add size?  Which one?  There are five different sizes in the listing.  This is going to be a nightmare.

I started asking about this a few months ago, now we are almost at the deadline and nothing has been answered.

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 16 of 63
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Happy new year!

The shipping scan issue where "pre-shipment" info appearing sequentially after an acceptance scan is still occurring. When this happens the item shows as "tracking provided" instead of "in transit".

I've received messages from buyers confused because they think I didn't ship- which is made worse by the fact that we're dealing with all of these shipping delays right now and many buyers are on edge about receiving their items.

Can you provide a status update on a fix for this problem? I know it was reported quite a while ago.

Here's a screenshot of the error with scans out of order and the status stuck at "tracking provided"-

tracking.png

It was hard to find an example that displayed correctly, but the unicorn did pop up after checking enough orders. Here's a screenshot of tracking that displays in the correct order. You can see this one properly shows an "in transit" status-

tracking2.png

@coffeebean832 - I'm sorry you're still seeing this. I've been working with the shipping team on this issue, but don't have an update at this time. Would you mind starting a thread under Technical Issues with the item numbers, so I can get this added to the report? I appreciate it!

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 17 of 63
latest reply

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO APPROPRIATE STAFF IN ORDER TO REDUCE IN THE FUTURE AND TAKE PROACTIVE STEPS.

December Update Fraudulent and Counterfeit Sports Cards (serial numbered and/or auto) sold as illegal reprints or RP (short for reprint).

Sold on eBay in December alone.  Over 300 sold.  These were the most common:

Mike Trout

(15 sold) 2009 Bowman, Bowman Sterling Rookie, 1 of 1

(22 Sold) 2009 Bowman, Bowman Chrome Red Refractor Rookie, 1 of 5

(26 sold) 2009 Bowman, Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor Rookie, 018 of 150

(30 sold) 2009 Bowman, Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor, 2 of 50

Patrick Mahomes

(23 sold) 2017 Panini, Optic Contenders Auto, 103

(34 sold) 2017 Panini, Contenders Rookie Cracked Ice Auto, 20 of 25

(14 Sold) 2017 Panini, Rookie Ticket Optic Contender Auto, 62 of 75

(11 sold) 2017 Leaf Metal, Metal Auto Texas Tech, 5 of 5

Michael Jordan / Kobe Bryant / Lebron James

(24 Sold) 2003 Upper Deck, Game Jersey Michael Jordan / Kobe Bryant Dual Auto, 8 of 10

(22 sold) 2006-07 Upper Deck, Dual Exquisite Michael Jordan / Lebron James auto, 23 of 23

Jerry Rice / Joe Montana

(11 Sold) 2016 Panini, National Treasures, Dual Auto, 3 of 3

Connor McDavid

(8 sold) 2015-16 Upper Deck Rookie Patch Auto, 15 of 99

Message 18 of 63
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Hello this week, and again thanks for doing this: hoping you and the crew are all doing well.

Might as well ask about reports of emails about coins, bullion and managed payment  finally coming together so user can sell such:

Do you have any info on this??

Hi @donsdetour  - happy new year! Hope you had a nice, uneventful one. 🙂

Yes - I found out about this late yesterday: the process of onboarding the bullion, coins and paper money category into managed payments is going to be happening soon. I know that members should be receiving emails about this process over the next week with more details (some may already have begun to receive them). 

I don't have much beyond that though - I hope that helps!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 63
latest reply

brittanie@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Happy new year!

The shipping scan issue where "pre-shipment" info appearing sequentially after an acceptance scan is still occurring. When this happens the item shows as "tracking provided" instead of "in transit".

I've received messages from buyers confused because they think I didn't ship- which is made worse by the fact that we're dealing with all of these shipping delays right now and many buyers are on edge about receiving their items.

Can you provide a status update on a fix for this problem? I know it was reported quite a while ago.

Here's a screenshot of the error with scans out of order and the status stuck at "tracking provided"-

tracking.png

It was hard to find an example that displayed correctly, but the unicorn did pop up after checking enough orders. Here's a screenshot of tracking that displays in the correct order. You can see this one properly shows an "in transit" status-

tracking2.png

@coffeebean832 - I'm sorry you're still seeing this. I've been working with the shipping team on this issue, but don't have an update at this time. Would you mind starting a thread under Technical Issues with the item numbers, so I can get this added to the report? I appreciate it!

Item numbers probably won't help because as soon as the listings are scanned at the first sort facility the display will change- so by the time the shipping team reviews your report the item numbers will no longer be relevant. Do you still want item numbers? If you do I'll e-mail them offline. I think a better option is to just look at tracking on any of my recent sales from the day before- or any seller's sales. It's happening to all of us.

_____
Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 20 of 63
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

Hello this week, and again thanks for doing this: hoping you and the crew are all doing well.

Might as well ask about reports of emails about coins, bullion and managed payment  finally coming together so user can sell such:

Yes - I found out about this late yesterday: the process of onboarding the bullion, coins and paper money category into managed payments is going to be happening soon. I know that members should be receiving emails about this process over the next week with more details (some may already have begun to receive them). 

But there needs to be an announcement on this.  This is a big deal to many and a big step forward for MP.  And are any of the other restricted categories affected.

-----

Edit: a reply to your comment can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 21 of 63
latest reply

Hello eBay, 

I need to determine if the best offer is from a Promoted Listing or an Organic Listing.   I sell new goods with low margins.  If I am selling a $400 item with an 8 percent Promoted Listing fee ($32) I can't accept a seller's offer of $350.  If the buyer found me from either my EPN promotion or my eBay organic listing there will not be a $32 Promoted listing fee and I can accept his offer.   

This is a real-life scenario that happens every week and I have no solution that will allow me to make a sound business decision.

How can I get the information I need from eBay.  Clearly, eBay servers have this information Prior to me accepting the offer.  I just need the information BEFORE I accept the offer. 

John Norman

Max Optical LLC.

_____

Message 22 of 63
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

@donsdetour 

If you look at my post I just quoted the email about coins when asking a question about the on-boarding. Those reports you have read are correct.

Message 23 of 63
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Happy new year!

tracking.png

tracking2.png

tyler@ebay 

@coffeebean832

It is actually worse than you showed.

On some of mine, my ship date is actually changing to the date after that false "pre-shipment" info line that ebay adds.  Look at this one.

Shipped on the 4th, picked up on the 4th,  then ebay adds that message and now look at what they show in seller hub as my ship date.

trackdate.pngtreeaddate2.png

Message 24 of 63
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Some of my listings say they're missing required item specifics. Most of them are for color, some are for material. I believe I know why this is happening and- if correct- it's a big oversight by eBay that needs to be fixed.

These are listings with custom values in the color and material fields.

These are variation listings where color and material are the selected variation attributes.

There was never an issue using custom values in these fields until a change eBay made in the last week or two. Most  of  these listings can't use the default color selections because they don't match the default colors.

For example- if an item comes in navy, aqua, teal and powder blue, how am I supposed to create 4 different variations for color if the system is trying to force me to select blue?

Creating a new variation attribute named something like "Color 2" to get around this oversight is absolutely ridiculous and should not be required. It also makes a listing appear sloppy to buyers.

I should also note that 2 of these flagged listings are using the default color selections (Blue, Red, Yellow, etc)- yet they're still flagged as missing the color item specific.

You're welcome to e-mail me offline for specific item numbers if they're needed to escalate this issue.

@coffeebean832 - That definitely does not sound ideal. I will  sync up with you through e-mail to see what I can find out on that.

_____

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 25 of 63
latest reply

tyler@ebay  is there any progress on the battery tax error issue?  At least an acknowledgement or confirmation from the technical and tax teams about what happened?  It's been two and a half weeks, surely eBay has gotten at least that far by now.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 26 of 63
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

It is actually worse than you showed.

On some of mine, my ship date is actually changing to the date after that false "pre-shipment" info line that ebay adds.  Look at this one.

Shipped on the 4th, picked up on the 4th,  then ebay adds that message and now look at what they show in seller hub as my ship date.

That has happened to me, too- not on all orders but I can usually find a couple with that issue. I started a post on the shipping board about it a couple weeks ago and Brittanie reported it. She wanted item numbers for even more examples so if you have them please let her know. Thanks!

Message 27 of 63
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@donsdetour wrote:

@donsdetour 

If you look at my post I just quoted the email about coins when asking a question about the on-boarding. Those reports you have read are correct.

I read it and found it very helpful.  However it doesn't say what you are concerned about.  It is saying that as of the 13th you can register for MP.  That doesn't mean as soon as you register that you become active.  Those are two separate things.  But you are right with your concern, what happens if they activate you before the 25th.  Being that they are saying to sellers that are already in MP that they can't list these listings until the 25th.

If you wouldn't mind.  If that isn't the entire email, would you please post the whole thing, less any personal account info that might be on it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 28 of 63
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

I received a concerning email from ebay that sates

"Starting January 13, 2021, sellers in the Coins & Paper Money categories, including Bullion, will be notified to register or will be activated for managed payments if you’ve already pre-registered. Sellers that are already activated on managed payments may create listings in these categories beginning January 25."

If I am preregistered and activated on Jan 13 what happens to my listings until January 25th? Coins and bullion will still be restricted from the 13th to the 25th? On the 13th will all my listings be taken down if I am activated on the 13th?

No fees have been announced. How do I know what my ebay fees will be on that date? Currently prior to the switch coins are the same price as stamps. Will that continue and will coins stay the same price as stamps?

Also I have seen lots of people having trouble signing up to managed payments but I had none. If the payments tab says "You've successfully registered for managed payments" am I done? Or will I require any more action? I just don't want to be part of the wide spread problems getting payouts.

Hi @coinslabz26 - I don't have specifics on this detail. The information I have specify that currently activated managed payments sellers will be able to list currency/coins as of January 25th, but that pre-registered members may be activated between the 13th and that date. I've requested clarification and will update you here as I hear back. 

When it comes to payments registration I'm really not able to provide much support (you must contact a payments trained teammate via callback request for that). However, from what I've seen shared on the boards from other members you shouldn't have any problem with your payouts as long as you've made sure that all your information matches and is correct between your eBay account and the bank information you provided when pre-registering. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 29 of 63
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

Subject: Managed Payments Weekly Payouts

Sellers need the ability to select what day of the week they have their Weekly Payouts occur on.   The current day is Tuesday and eBay is inflexible in allowing it to be changed.  I am sure prior to MP and this decision eBay had algorithms showing most sales happening on Weekends and that is surely the case with the categories we sell in.  As such, and with the built in delays for money to change hands in MP, a lot of money is left on the table each week on Tuesday when it could be paid in FULL either by days end Tuesday or another selected day.

There is no reason that Sellers should not be given the choice on what day they get paid ... MP offers Daily payouts so its not like they can't pay on other "business days" of the week, none at all.

This weeks example is this:  eBay withheld 22% of sales dollars heading in to Tuesday.  At 9 AM (EST) ON PAYOUT DAY, I checked and 6% more went from Pending to Available ... at 1 PM (EST) the remaining 16% went from Pending to Available ... well, its STILL PAYOUT DAY, why isn't that money being sent?  I have posted before AND asked the MP rep when I spoke to them I would pick Wed or Thurs ... if I had a Wed payout this week I would have gotten 100%.

Since Aug 7 I have only had 3 weeks result in 100% payout and one of those was that one MP glitch week, I believe in October on the National Holiday ... on Tuesday I got 2 Payouts totaling 100% of monies owed.

Screenshot (2405).png

"Selling Partners" work together ... I'm not really feeling the love on this Weekly Payouts issue from my "Selling Partner" ...

If possible, please pass this on to the department that handles Managed Payments for a future enhancement ... hopefully as early as First Quarter 2021 (this year).

_____

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 30 of 63
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: