cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, January 26 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Community Chat, January 26 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

I have a ebay account that is under my SS# and I would like to move it to my Tax ID LLC. Will this impact my business in any way, I am keeping the bank account the same.

I tried calling CS and they could NOT help. I even tried the ebay FB portal that you have recommenced in the past the turned me back to CS.

How can I ensure this is handled properly and without interruption in my service,
Dave

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

I asked about this in last week's chat and was unable to get anywhere regarding a couple of my
listings being removed.
It's been over two weeks now and I haven't heard back from anyone letting me know why!
I've heard nothing from the customer service rep or eBay Facebook for business.

I received an email from an upset customer due to an email they had received from eBay
regarding a purchase they made from one of the removed listings.

The email stated:
We take product safety very seriously. We’re reaching out to you because an item you purchased may have been recalled or pose a safety hazard. We recommend that you stop using this product. If you have questions about the item(s), please reach out to the seller or the manufacturer. Item details are listed below. 

More specific details are provided below.

If you have any problems, you’re covered by eBay’s Money Back Guarantee and can request a refund.

So now eBay is giving buyers false information. This product is not a safety hazard when purchased by an authorized user, it's FDA approved, and I had the documentation in the listing for this as required by eBay.
This product is registered with each state when a doctor makes a purchase. The doctor must have a radiation number to register the product with their state.
It's not like just anyone can purchase this item. It is very regulated by each state.
Also, we are an authorized dealer for these products and there is NO recall on them. 
Each dealer and the manufacture track all these products via serial numbers.
If there is a recall, the manufacture will contact each dealer that purchased the products, and by LAW, the dealer must contact each office that bought one from them.
What is going on here??? I would really like some answers sooner than later!

There are still a bunch of listings for this product on eBay and some don't even have the legal disclaimer in their listings. I had everything eBay required of me in my listings.
If there's something new they are requiring sellers to add, let me know so I can rectify the problem, but silence isn't helping anyone!

-----
Message 3 of 68
latest reply

this is for my W9 they are asking me to upload for FY 2021

Message 4 of 68
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

I have a ebay account that is under my SS# and I would like to move it to my Tax ID LLC. Will this impact my business in any way, I am keeping the bank account the same.

I tried calling CS and they could NOT help. I even tried the ebay FB portal that you have recommenced in the past the turned me back to CS.

How can I ensure this is handled properly and without interruption in my service,
Dave

@michigan_tactical Hey there, sorry to hear you're having trouble. When it comes to payments you have to work specifically with the payments team for security reasons. This is why our social teams will route you back as well. On your payments page you'll see a HELP box on the right. From there you can request a call back from them directly to help get your account set up properly. Thanks! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

How can ebay or the authenticator NOT be solely responsible for handling a complaint for AFTER the item has been handled, inspected, authenticated, shipped to the buyer and received by the buyer?  There seem to be a lot of posts about complaints falling back onto the lister.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 6 of 68
latest reply

Can we get an ETA for the stores About page feature, which will make it easy for buyers to sign up for our Store Newsletters? This was promised in 2021, and we are now almost through January of 2022, with no word on this. 

-----

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

The betting pool is saying Feb or March for the Spring Seller Update. Can you tell us when it will be?

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

I cannot find this within CS portal I am looking again now and have tried can you pl;z provide details as to where this is?

-----

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Can we get a status report on the roll out of video-in-listings?  It has obviously begun, but what is the date by which everyone should expect to have this feature? And when can we expect some sort of tutorial?

-----

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

tyler@ebay  - there is a very concerning post about a serial pre-sale violator here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/ebay-Preorders-Never-Fulfuilled-amp-No-Refund/td-p/32649715

The seller has been reported repeatedly but has still been allowed to continuing violating the presale policy, with many current listings showing pre-sales as far out as April.

the buyer on that thread @ragnbull has been unable to get any assistance from the regular support channels in getting their money back because it is after the MBG timeline.  However, as you know, community staff have previously confirmed support *can* still assist in these situations, even after that deadline. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Promoted-Funkoween-Presale-Violations/m-p/32013380/highli...

Since regular support has failed to both assist the buyer and take appropriate action against the violating listings, what is the best course of action for this buyer to get assistance?

-----

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

And, speaking of video, I have the feature, and uploaded a video to a listing last Friday night. The Video is still "under review". I know ebay says "up to 48 hours" and in some busy periods, up to 7 days, but......how busy can they be? It's a less than 30 second video. Basically one image and some narration. Really, just a test...but I sure didn't expect to still be waiting on this. If ebay doesn't speed up the process, it's hard to imagine people using this for  auctions (and many auction are for items that could definitely benefit from video....) If ebay has run into a problem with the video review process, how about a little transparency and just tell us?

-----

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

On a remorse return where I do not refund the initial postage paid by the buyer, do I then forfeit the final value fees on the whole transaction by doing this?

tks

-----

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

im not tyring to be mean, but your sending me into a black hole, I have tried and tried again to find things within this HELP menu and cannot.  i just hunt and peck which is not productive of my time, can you please provide me the URL for that part of CS that can help?

Message 14 of 68
latest reply

@dentalsales4u wrote:
I asked about this in last week's chat and was unable to get anywhere regarding a couple of my
listings being removed.
It's been over two weeks now and I haven't heard back from anyone letting me know why!
I've heard nothing from the customer service rep or eBay Facebook for business.

I received an email from an upset customer due to an email they had received from eBay
regarding a purchase they made from one of the removed listings.

The email stated:
We take product safety very seriously. We’re reaching out to you because an item you purchased may have been recalled or pose a safety hazard. We recommend that you stop using this product. If you have questions about the item(s), please reach out to the seller or the manufacturer. Item details are listed below. 

More specific details are provided below.

If you have any problems, you’re covered by eBay’s Money Back Guarantee and can request a refund.

So now eBay is giving buyers false information. This product is not a safety hazard when purchased by an authorized user, it's FDA approved, and I had the documentation in the listing for this as required by eBay.
This product is registered with each state when a doctor makes a purchase. The doctor must have a radiation number to register the product with their state.
It's not like just anyone can purchase this item. It is very regulated by each state.
Also, we are an authorized dealer for these products and there is NO recall on them. 
Each dealer and the manufacture track all these products via serial numbers.
If there is a recall, the manufacture will contact each dealer that purchased the products, and by LAW, the dealer must contact each office that bought one from them.
What is going on here??? I would really like some answers sooner than later!

There are still a bunch of listings for this product on eBay and some don't even have the legal disclaimer in their listings. I had everything eBay required of me in my listings.
If there's something new they are requiring sellers to add, let me know so I can rectify the problem, but silence isn't helping anyone!

Hi @dentalsales4u - I have no insight into this situation at all, but I'm happy to look into what I can do from my end. I'll reach out for a bit more information privately (keep an eye on your email inbox). 

In general, it's best to work with CS directly on listing removals as there are a host of factors that could go into it that wouldn't be visible from my end. That goes doubly so in your field, where there are stricter regulations at play. Thanks for your patience!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 68
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: