cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, February 23 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Community Chat, February 23 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hello,   I have questions about Late Shipment defects.   I have 40+ Late Shipment defects that all had been packed, labels printed, shipped,  tracking uploaded, and tracking scanned within my handling time of one day. They also arrived before the eBay estimated delivery date.   But still, they are showing up as defects on my Late Shipment report.  I tried appealing the defects and I was told they were valid defects.  Detail Defect Report https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvP8e24PWHvujuoskh4lKl9EY04f5g 

Thank you,

John Norman

eBay Id Maxoptical

-----

Edit: A reply to your request can be found here

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

My concern is that the policy says "for trading cards, postcards, stamps, currency and coins," but I have vintage photos.  Size wise I know they are fine.  Category wise, I was not sure.

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

velvet@ebay   I know the answer is have OP's contact customer service however can you check to make sure there are tickets open for:

1. Photo's not loading>  spinning wheel error

2.  Templates > "we looked everywhere" error

3.  Invoices.>  " we looked everywhere" error  

I know the best place to have OP's report technical issues is social media but not all members use it. 

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles we do have tickets open for all of these, thank you!! 

jasmen@ebay  A post on the technical issues board that eBay is working on this is long overdue IMHO.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

There really needs to be some clean up in item specifics in glass. Here's just a couple of examples.

As you can see, I have selected Art Nouveau and the time period 1920-1929 (time bands of ten years to small). Then below the time bands don't align and the choices are Edwardian and early 20th century. Of course, I can add mine but the whole point is finding so when I add my own what I am really accomplishing, plus it asks for something related to date like 3X and origin more than once as well.

glasser_0-1645651422024.png

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

eBay Announcement:

"QuickBooks is now available on eBay

QuickBooks—the #1-rated accounting solution for small and medium-size businesses—is now integrated with eBay payments."

Is there more detail available? Is the integration available with the  desktop version or  only the online version? What data does it provide? Can the integration be used to capture information needed to file a Schedule C on a US Federal income tax return? Will the same data be made available to third-party eBay applications? Finally, why not total and summarize sales, fees, postage and other amounts that add up to the payout amount? If eBay can integrate with QuickBooks, a rather pricy application, why not provide the same information to sellers in a convenient form for input into less expensive applications like Quicken?

Hi @clarkphilatelics - I don't have any more detailed information about this announcement other than the page mentioned in the article (link here). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 52
latest reply

@pursesbrasplusmore wrote:

My concern is that the policy says "for trading cards, postcards, stamps, currency and coins," but I have vintage photos.  Size wise I know they are fine.  Category wise, I was not sure.

Sorry I had to edit that original question @pursesbrasplusmore , it does specifically have to be those categories to qualify. Thanks!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Interesting topic showed up with some strange claims.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Sellers-beware/m-p/32727503#M1949422 

And others of the same topic:

The main concern is this

"Just received a statement in an email from eBay rep that "Re-listing an item and lowering the price over and over to try and get rid of it is in violation of our listing practices policy. "

Is there any truth to such being a violation: and if so what particular policy does it violate???

-----

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

@maxoptical wrote:

Hello,   I have questions about Late Shipment defects.   I have 40+ Late Shipment defects that all had been packed, labels printed, shipped,  tracking uploaded, and tracking scanned within my handling time of one day. They also arrived before the eBay estimated delivery date.   But still, they are showing up as defects on my Late Shipment report.  I tried appealing the defects and I was told they were valid defects.  Detail Defect Report https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvP8e24PWHvujuoskh4lKl9EY04f5g 

Thank you,

John Norman

eBay Id Maxoptical

Hi @maxoptical - we are unable to assist with account specific customer service requests, this is a situation that needs to be addressed by a CS teammate. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 52
latest reply

@inceptions wrote:

Speaking of scheduled listings...

Not long ago, I had scheduled about 50 items so that I could set them off all at once when my order arrived. Imagine how frustrating it was when I discovered that the option to "Start Immediately" was missing from Bulk edit. I had to go into each listing one by one to remove the schedule (otherwise incur the fees). A colossal waste of time...

The option used to be located here:

inceptions_0-1645651105154.png

I can't show you the action opens below but Start Immediately is not one of them.

inceptions_1-1645651285869.png

Can you find out if this is a priority to be fixed? I used the Tell us what you think option which sent an email to...somewhere...and I asked for a reply. I got crickets. I spoke with a couple of people in support but they had no clue.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback on this @inceptions currently I don't have an update but I'm happy to get this in the right hands! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

@robertc1964 wrote:

So I was a ‘free’ eBay seller for a few months and used the "scheduled listings" feature often to queue up listings for the upcoming days. The scheduled listings were free for me to use.

I recently "upgraded" (perhaps down-graded?) to one of the eBay monthly storefront plans to increase the number of listings I could do every month. Much to my surprise, I find that there is a charge of .10 per listing for a scheduled listing! I called eBay support and they confirmed that is indeed correct, but they could not offer any further explanation about why that is.

Can someone please explain to me the logic, where eBay provides scheduled listing for free to non-monthly paying store owners, but then charges .10 per listing for paying, store owners?! That seems completely backwards. I cannot justify in my head what the logic is or could be. Am I missing something?

I have reached out to other eBay sellers, and no one else seems to be able to understand the logic either. In fact, many have said this is one of the reasons they have chosen to either not “upgrade” to a monthly subscription, or some have cancelled their subscriptions because of this fee.

Please, help me understand and convince me that I shouldn’t just cancel my subscription and go back to being a free seller. Thanks in advance.

Hi @robertc1964! I can't tell you what is going to be best for your business, keeping the store or unsubscribing from it, there are pros and cons to both options. Usually though, the more your business grows, the store subscriptions end up being cheaper in the long run fee wise.

I can tell you that scheduled listings do charge a $0.10 fee though with a store subscription. You can go here to learn more about that and other specific listing upgrade fees for stores. 

Should you decide to end your subscription, be sure to check this page out. There are also sometimes fees for ending a store subscription early, so be aware of that as well.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 25 of 52
latest reply

Last week we were discussing the numbers that are represented on the 1099K.  I know that you contacted the payments team for an answer and that you were only sharing the info they gave you.  What they shared with you was incorrect and this is such an important thing, I'm back to get clarification.

zzzzzz1.jpg

The link you provide above has been adjusted yet again.  Now it is completely silent on telling us at what point does Ebay consider the money as part of the 1099k.  

It was reading when the buyer pays the SELLER.  Which is and was incorrect as the money is not in our MP accounts at the time the buyer pays.  It goes into the Pending status while the transaction is being processed through the funding source.

Then it was suggested that it was when the funds became Available to the seller.  But that is simply a status within the MP account, that doesn't actually make the money by to the seller.  That happens after a Payout is sent.  The 1099K goes by the transactions included in the Payout sent.

Here is a pretty easy way to think about this subject that can be complicated unnecessarily.  When you are being paid by an employer and get a paycheck.  The money you earn shows up on your W2 as your employer actually issues you a check.  So the W2 represents all the paychecks you got from your employer.  It does not take into consideration any money that you may not have been paid for yet.

MP is no different.  

-----

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 26 of 52
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

velvet@ebay   I know the answer is have OP's contact customer service however can you check to make sure there are tickets open for:

1. Photo's not loading>  spinning wheel error

2.  Templates > "we looked everywhere" error

3.  Invoices.>  " we looked everywhere" error  

I know the best place to have OP's report technical issues is social media but not all members use it. 

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles we do have tickets open for all of these, thank you!! 

Where? Could you please post a link? Photos have been occasionally failing to load or disappear after a listing is posted for as long as I can remember. Third-party applications like SixBit can easily restore images to listings because they are saved locally. I know that images uploaded before an item is posted for the first time, or previously if the item had been listed before, may disappear if the image expires on eBay at the while it is being listed. 

-----

Message 27 of 52
latest reply

Hi, I was under the impression that all sellers on the EBAY platform were supposed to have 1099's MAILED TO THEM. I have sold well above the OLD 1099 Threshold on this account and NEVER RECEIVED my 1099 in the mail? I am aware that I can download it but I WOULD LIKE MY PAPER COPY. What do I have to do specifically to get my 1099 mailed out to me ASAP. I believe the law states that it had to be out in the mail by the end of January correct? 

-----

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@inceptions wrote:

Speaking of scheduled listings...

Not long ago, I had scheduled about 50 items so that I could set them off all at once when my order arrived. Imagine how frustrating it was when I discovered that the option to "Start Immediately" was missing from Bulk edit. I had to go into each listing one by one to remove the schedule (otherwise incur the fees). A colossal waste of time...

The option used to be located here:

inceptions_0-1645651105154.png

I can't show you the action opens below but Start Immediately is not one of them.

inceptions_1-1645651285869.png

Can you find out if this is a priority to be fixed? I used the Tell us what you think option which sent an email to...somewhere...and I asked for a reply. I got crickets. I spoke with a couple of people in support but they had no clue.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback on this @inceptions currently I don't have an update but I'm happy to get this in the right hands! 

Thank you jasmen@ebay ,

Would you report back on what the answer is? Thanks!

-----

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

Thank you for the response, however this did not answer my question. I understand I have to choose what's best for me and whether or not to continue to pay for a store. I want/need to understand the eBay logic for charging a paying store subscriber for something they offer to free for non-paying store owner. The logic just doesn't make sense. It seems backwards to me and if I hadn't confirmed it was supposed to be this way, I would have assumed it was some kind of glitch. Please respond with the reason for this specific fee. I can do my own research about other fees and make my own decision about whether I want to continue to be a store scriber. Thank you.

-----

Message 30 of 52
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: