cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, February 23 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Community Chat, February 23 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

1.  Can small photos be shipped via ebay standard envelope?  I don't see photos in the list of categories under the ebay standard envelope.  I have several to list, but don't want to destroy my service metrics by not having tracking and don't want to pay $4-5+ to ship something that could ship for <1.  Thank you.
2.  Would like to be able to comment if I (seller) accept an offer ie.  Will ship today if you pay by Noon.  Can ebay add that feature?

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

@pursesbrasplusmore wrote:

1.  Can small photos be shipped via ebay standard envelope?  I don't see photos in the list of categories under the ebay standard envelope.  I have several to list, but don't want to destroy my service metrics by not having tracking and don't want to pay $4-5+ to ship something that could ship for <1.  Thank you.
2.  Would like to be able to comment if I (seller) accept an offer ie.  Will ship today if you pay by Noon.  Can ebay add that feature?

Hey there @pursesbrasplusmore 

As long as it fits and it's under 3 ounces you should be fine, check here to learn more! For now you'll just have to manually reach out to the buyer but I'm happy to pass along the feedback for the comment when you accept. 

Edit* My mistake, if it's not under postcards, stamps or coins and paper money you will not be able to use the option. 

You can check here to learn more. Thanks @comics-scifi-collectibles for pointing it out, I read the post wrong. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

The technical issues board has 12 different threads (just on the first page of 30) about photos not uploading. None of them has a response from ebay. Is that normal on that board for such a seemingly widespread issue? Seems like they'd appreciate some sort of acknowledgment.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

been some time since I attended one of these;

Thanks for still doing it....

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

So I was a ‘free’ eBay seller for a few months and used the "scheduled listings" feature often to queue up listings for the upcoming days. The scheduled listings were free for me to use.

I recently "upgraded" (perhaps down-graded?) to one of the eBay monthly storefront plans to increase the number of listings I could do every month. Much to my surprise, I find that there is a charge of .10 per listing for a scheduled listing! I called eBay support and they confirmed that is indeed correct, but they could not offer any further explanation about why that is.

Can someone please explain to me the logic, where eBay provides scheduled listing for free to non-monthly paying store owners, but then charges .10 per listing for paying, store owners?! That seems completely backwards. I cannot justify in my head what the logic is or could be. Am I missing something?

I have reached out to other eBay sellers, and no one else seems to be able to understand the logic either. In fact, many have said this is one of the reasons they have chosen to either not “upgrade” to a monthly subscription, or some have cancelled their subscriptions because of this fee.

Please, help me understand and convince me that I shouldn’t just cancel my subscription and go back to being a free seller. Thanks in advance.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

velvet@ebay   I know the answer is have OP's contact customer service however can you check to make sure there are tickets open for:

1. Photo's not loading>  spinning wheel error

2.  Templates > "we looked everywhere" error

3.  Invoices.>  " we looked everywhere" error  

I know the best place to have OP's report technical issues is social media but not all members use it. 

-----

Edit: A reply to  your question can be found here

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

The technical issues board has 12 different threads (just on the first page of 30) about photos not uploading. None of them has a response from ebay. Is that normal on that board for such a seemingly widespread issue? Seems like they'd appreciate some sort of acknowledgment.

Hi @carlqsportscards - the photo issue is a new one, but has been acknowledged as a technical issue by our tech team. We'll work on getting members reporting being impacted added to the open ticket today.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 52
latest reply

eBay Announcement:

"QuickBooks is now available on eBay

QuickBooks—the #1-rated accounting solution for small and medium-size businesses—is now integrated with eBay payments."

Is there more detail available? Is the integration available with the  desktop version or  only the online version? What data does it provide? Can the integration be used to capture information needed to file a Schedule C on a US Federal income tax return? Will the same data be made available to third-party eBay applications? Finally, why not total and summarize sales, fees, postage and other amounts that add up to the payout amount? If eBay can integrate with QuickBooks, a rather pricy application, why not provide the same information to sellers in a convenient form for input into less expensive applications like Quicken?

-----

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Hello,   I have over 800 listings that all of my photos have vanished.  I reported this issue 8 weeks ago with no resolution. I have followed up many times only to hear, "I will add you to the list"    Do you have any insight as to when this will be resolved or are my photos lost forever?

John Norman
ebay seller Maxoptical

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

@comics-scifi-collectibles wrote:

velvet@ebay   I know the answer is have OP's contact customer service however can you check to make sure there are tickets open for:

1. Photo's not loading>  spinning wheel error

2.  Templates > "we looked everywhere" error

3.  Invoices.>  " we looked everywhere" error  

I know the best place to have OP's report technical issues is social media but not all members use it. 

Hey @comics-scifi-collectibles we do have tickets open for all of these, thank you!! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

Hey there @pursesbrasplusmore 

As long as it fits and it's under 3 ounces you should be fine, check here to learn more! For now you'll just have to manually reach out to the buyer but I'm happy to pass along the feedback for the comment when you accept. 

How would a seller access shipping for photos if they are not in the category that allows eBay standard envelope shipping?  

Trading cards

• Ship no more than 15 raw cards per package per envelope
  • Ship no more than 2 trading cards with top loaders
  • No graded trading cards

Coin & paper money

• Ship no more than 5 raw coins or pieces of paper money
  • Ship no more than 3 coins in plastic flips or pieces of paper money in protector holders
  • No rolls of coins
  • No graded coins or paper money
  • No bullion

Postcards & stamps

• Ship no more than 10 stamps or 3 postcards/postal history items
  • Plate blocks that fit the eBay standard envelope dimensions are allowed
  • No coils or sheets of stamps
  • No graded stamps

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

@robertc1964 wrote:

So I was a ‘free’ eBay seller for a few months and used the "scheduled listings" feature often to queue up listings for the upcoming days. The scheduled listings were free for me to use.

I recently "upgraded" (perhaps down-graded?) to one of the eBay monthly storefront plans to increase the number of listings I could do every month. Much to my surprise, I find that there is a charge of .10 per listing for a scheduled listing! I called eBay support and they confirmed that is indeed correct, but they could not offer any further explanation about why that is.

Can someone please explain to me the logic, where eBay provides scheduled listing for free to non-monthly paying store owners, but then charges .10 per listing for paying, store owners?! That seems completely backwards. I cannot justify in my head what the logic is or could be. Am I missing something?

I have reached out to other eBay sellers, and no one else seems to be able to understand the logic either. In fact, many have said this is one of the reasons they have chosen to either not “upgrade” to a monthly subscription, or some have cancelled their subscriptions because of this fee.

Please, help me understand and convince me that I shouldn’t just cancel my subscription and go back to being a free seller. Thanks in advance.

First you need to understand that a cancel of subscription may cost you for the full time. Such can be costly.

Other than that a dime so when it is listed aint that much.... Just saying..

as for logic.. eBay.... Muhahhhahha.......

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

@pursesbrasplusmore   The answer to # 2 is you offer same day shipping on your listings.  Then you will see the option to set up your cut off time for  shipping for the day.  

Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Speaking of scheduled listings...

Not long ago, I had scheduled about 50 items so that I could set them off all at once when my order arrived. Imagine how frustrating it was when I discovered that the option to "Start Immediately" was missing from Bulk edit. I had to go into each listing one by one to remove the schedule (otherwise incur the fees). A colossal waste of time...

The option used to be located here:

inceptions_0-1645651105154.png

I can't show you the action opens below but Start Immediately is not one of them.

inceptions_1-1645651285869.png

Can you find out if this is a priority to be fixed? I used the Tell us what you think option which sent an email to...somewhere...and I asked for a reply. I got crickets. I spoke with a couple of people in support but they had no clue.

Thanks.

-----

Inceptions
Volunteer Community Mentor, buying and selling on eBay since 2004

Message 15 of 52
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: