cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: Community Chat, December 29 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@tsme35 wrote:

Seriously, ebay needs to do what ever it can about the OUTRAGEOUS $15 surcharge come April 3rd, 2022. This will be a business killer to a lot of sellers. I've call, emailed wrote and got hung up on by gov. senators, news stations and USPS head quarters. They will NOT listen to one person, ebay needs to step up and put some pressure on them.

I seem to be the only one even bringing it up

We'll be sure the shipping team is made aware @tsme35, thank you!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 61 of 67
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

Hi There!

Could you get the item specifics team to take a look at ---- Postcards - Topographical -  Canada

The country Canada appears as a drop down.   No Canadian city is in the city drop down.  I cannot find the regions of Canada in the drop down box.

Thanks

Oh shoot! Thanks for the heads up @postcardcountry. I've passed this on and if they need any additional info from you, I'll be in touch. 

-----

Edit: A follow-up response can be found here

Velvet,
eBay
Message 62 of 67
latest reply

@easterbasset wrote:

Hi Tyler. Happy -not quite- New Year!
Thanks for sticking with us all through 2021. I am so grateful you are still with the Weekly Chat. You have continued to be a touchstone by your commitment to us sellers that look to you, and the others on the Chat team, for answers, ....or as a catalyst on issues that hit a wall elsewhere, .....or simply as an ear for us to voice concerns.
That being said, sorry for the hard turn of this post to the not-so-nice.
On Dec 2oth, I had a Selling announcement about 1099 forms. I've carefully read info presented on the landing page for the the link given on my Seller Hub Overview page. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/New-1099-K-tax-reporting-requirements/ba-p/32556521
A few days ago, a banner has appeared that contradicts what I read. In a ominously deep red colored alert, it is asking(? ) insisting(?) I now must divulge more personal data. I onboarded to MP in 2021. Reluctantly. I dragged my feet till I was given no choice but to finally onboard, because I didn't want to stop using Paypal for the all my eBay activity. Paypal provided a safe financial data barrier for my personal data, financial identity etc. It gave me a huge sense of trust. I had concerns then, but was cautiously relieved that eBay assured me at the time of onboarding, eBay was not asking for nor would ebay be managing such sensitive personal data. That wariness proved valid.
When I, and other sellers, share feelings of mistrust when policy change happens, it is these discrepancies of information that not be occurring.

Hi @easterbasset - thank you for the kind words, that means a lot to me, and I hope that you too have a pleasant and happy New Years!

As to your concern: the notification you see at the top of your Seller Hub is correct, we will eventually need your complete 9-digit Social Security number. This is particularly pressing as we enter the new tax-reporting changes for 2022. 

From my understanding the information you provided when onboarding is sufficient for this year's reporting (with the full disclaimer that I am not a tax professional, nor am I a payments expert) but will need to be updated as early as January in order to remain compliant with the IRS and avoid any impacts to your account's ability to sell on eBay. 

I appreciate that you would prefer not to provide that information, and I respect that you felt safe and trusted when it came to PayPal as your payment processor and I hope that one day you can feel that way about eBay's management of your payments. I think it's also important to note that this is not an arbitrary eBay requirement but an industry-wide one - PayPal is also being held to these changes, including needing a complete EIN/ITIN or SSN (link here). 

I will make sure that your input is shared with the Payments team - the way in which we provide information can always be clearer, and I'll make certain they get that message. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 63 of 67
latest reply

@creativecrisis wrote:

For store users, is there a way to update/edit the listing frame? This function seems to be missing in the new store editing features. It would be great to have a way to add my new billboard to my listing frame and update  category information. Appreciate any help.

Hi @creativecrisis - I may be incorrect, but I believe the listing frame itself is being or has been deprecated. Would you mind starting a thread on this topic with an example I can look at so I can do some more digging?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 64 of 67
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Any update on the Voices: Collectibles Community Group? No new activity there in months.

No update @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - but I am hopeful to get some kind of answer next week when more folks are back in office!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 65 of 67
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  - RE the code freeze - if eBay knows they have a code freeze from October to New years, does that mean that everything from the Fall update in September that was listed as "in the coming months" really meant Q1 2022 at the earliest?

And if so....why didn't they just say that?

Hi @valueaddedresource - No.

The freeze has a variable start date (it's not always in October), and there can be exceptions made for certain projects or initiatives. For example, a project that's been approved for implementation but gets briefly delayed and it hits 'code freeze' during that time could still be implemented as an exception. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 66 of 67
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@postcardcountry wrote:

Hi There!

Could you get the item specifics team to take a look at ---- Postcards - Topographical -  Canada

The country Canada appears as a drop down.   No Canadian city is in the city drop down.  I cannot find the regions of Canada in the drop down box.

Thanks

Oh shoot! Thanks for the heads up @postcardcountry. I've passed this on and if they need any additional info from you, I'll be in touch. 

Hey @postcardcountry! I just wanted to follow-up to let you know this has been addressed and the fix should be live!!!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 67 of 67
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: