cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, December 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Auto fill passwords are correct. Its ebay

Items not showing in store when i send a buyer there to search with key words that are in the title.

As for the offers, I wrote on this forum 6 years ago about this and you said you would check it out.

active listing notification is in seller hub.

Items specifics are as soon as im done listing ill go to seller hub and theres my listing needing item specifics but they are all filled out.

Ive contacted ebay over 30 times about these issues and NOTHING gets resolved. 3 CS reps lied to me last week when they said they were going to open a ticket on these issues. No call back and no resolution

-----

Edit: A reply to your comments can be found here

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

Something tells me eBay did nothing about this when it happened.  I feel better account security measures should be required if eBay actually cared about it's shareholders.

https://cybernews.com/security/14-million-amazon-and-ebay-accounts-sold-online-in-new-leak/

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

I'd also add that you need to check very specifically - the time zone for shipping is based on PST/PDT - as eBay corporate is located in CA.

For example, I'm on east coast time. Something can sell at 2:59AM Friday morning based on my clock, but eBay would consider that 11:59PM Thursday night, so 1 day handling would require that item to be shipped on Friday to meet expectations. In theory, not a big deal, but if I have a early engagement on that Friday that will last the whole day, I will still need to ship that 3AM purchase out before I leave on Friday.

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

I have raised the Managed Payments Payout issue several times. I have not received a substantive response.  Although each payout links to detail information that can be used to collect data to track sales, expenses, and cash received, too much effort, in my opinion, is required. In some cases, detail sale and fee amounts are posted in a foreign currency.

What is lacking?  Payout summaries include only the amount paid. Total sales, total fees, postage purchased, holds plus or minus, and other adjustments. Why is it not possible to provide a simple summary that would explain each payout?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

Posts 28 & 29 look the same. 

Did you get the dreaded message in red letters that your post contained bad html, too. 

Good to see it happens to the ‘higher ups’ as well. 
😉😃

Happy Holidays to you and velvet@ebay  jasmen@ebay 

Thank you for your help throughout the year. 
All the best for 2022. 

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 35 of 51
latest reply

I have another question…. If you start a 1 day auction and after 20+ hours, it still does not show up in search results, is there a number to call to get it listed in search results?  It can be a little nerve racking to start an auction without a reserve that cannot be found by buyers…

-----

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

Same reason why eBay lets buyers circumvent PO box blocks, and exceed the character limits on their address.  eBay literally doesn't care.  I've bugged eBay about their shipping system for the last 5 years I think now.  They lack any common sense t o fix the most basic of issues.

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

When is eBay going to recognize that buyers sometimes wish to delay delivery after buying an item? How can a seller respond to buyer requests that will result in a late shipment  according to eBay? Who is right - the buyer or eBay ?

-----

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

Have you passed along or heard from ebay about the 150% rate increase on packages over 30" come April 3th, its not just a minor rate increase, its a business KILLER. I know ebay doesn't set rates and lies about getting a rate deal(which is the same rate all large internet companies get). I'm getting by for now, sales have dropped 50% since Sept. but I won't be in business after APRIL 3th.

I can't triple shipping rates and believe items will sell, shipping cost's about $10 will jump to $25 PLUS the rate increase come Jan. 9th., I hope they don't wait until 3 weeks before it goes in effect like the 1099 law

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

Ebay's offering video listings but after 4 years you still can't get combine shipping on your app. ?????????

Message 40 of 51
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team!

Subject:  My first Payment Dispute from a Buyer in Managed Payments

Chronology - Comments - Questions

1. Buyer purchases item on November 4 ... total purchase about $ 40, I leave FB for Buyer while label is printing

2. Item delivered Nov 6

3. Dec 13 eBay messages me about a Payment Dispute, message states the charge is not recognized by the Buyer

4. Dec 13 I send Buyer a message acknowledging their dispute, include screen shots of Delivery confirmation AND the Order details.  I upload tracking to the eBay claim BUT that is all they ask for.

5. Dec 14 Buyer leaves Positive Feedback for me on the transaction, they are very happy

6. I message Buyer asking if they have or will contact their credit card company to cancel the payment dispute

7. Buyer has NOT messaged me through the entire process ... they may not know how, not sure.

That brings us to the present here on Dec 15, late in the day.  Comments - questions:

A. Why is there no access to the Dispute details for Sellers via Seller Hub or some other eBay-Adyen portal?  There should be to allow Sellers to review status, add pertinent info (like messages from Buyer, report Feedback was left, etc.)

B. In a case where a Buyer leaves Positive Feedback, wouldn't that allow eBay-Adyen to WIN the dispute

C. Does eBay review any messages between Trading Partners on a Payment dispute to share with Adyen?

D. How long does it take for a typical Payment Dispute to be resolved?

E. In the event a Buyer wins a dispute, what funding source does eBay use to charge the Seller?  Available funds if they are sufficient to cover the cost?  Seller's back up payment method?

F. In my situation, in the unlikely event eBay-Adyen loses the Payment Dispute how do I appeal that and provide the PROOF the Buyer made the purchase and was ultimately pleased with it?

It would be beneficial if eBay would provide an accurate explanation of how eBay-Adyen really helps protect Sellers in the event of a Payment dispute. 

Regards,

Mr. L

Hi @mr_lincoln - 

A. Why is there no access to the Dispute details for Sellers via Seller Hub or some other eBay-Adyen portal?  There should be to allow Sellers to review status, add pertinent info (like messages from Buyer, report Feedback was left, etc.)  I'm a little confused by this one, because there is: https://www.ebay.com/sh/resolutions. It will show any open requests and disputes. 

B. In a case where a Buyer leaves Positive Feedback, wouldn't that allow eBay-Adyen to WIN the dispute? Not necessarily, as a payment dispute is initiated and decided by the funding source a buyer uses. It's definitely evidence that you could include in your rebuttal, but it is not something that's an ironclad reason for winning.

C. Does eBay review any messages between Trading Partners on a Payment dispute to share with Adyen?  eBay messages can be used as evidence in a rebuttal, but they are not always accepted as evidence by the financial institution making the decision.

D. How long does it take for a typical Payment Dispute to be resolved?  Depending on the payment institution, it can take up to 90 days.

E. In the event a Buyer wins a dispute, what funding source does eBay use to charge the Seller?  Available funds if they are sufficient to cover the cost?  Seller's back up payment method?  We would typically use your Available and Processing and/or On hold funds first, charging any excess amount to your payout bank or automatic payment method.

F. In my situation, in the unlikely event eBay-Adyen loses the Payment Dispute how do I appeal that and provide the PROOF the Buyer made the purchase and was ultimately pleased with it?  Hoping that you don't have to worry about this, but you have 30 calendar days from the date the dispute outcome was received to appeal it with us. The best way to do that would be to contact CS via callback, or doing it from the portal I linked in A.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 41 of 51
latest reply

@thebargainhunter420 wrote:

Hi!

Last year, when my wife’s eBay account was transitioned into Managed Payments, she noticed that she could not set up her business (through the MP system) as a single-member LLC (treated as a disregarded entity for federal tax purposes) and use her SSN as her TIN.  We sent several messages to the Managed Payments team about this issue (at that time) and had several phone conversations as well.  We were assured that things would be resolved and were under the impression that they were.

Recently, she received notification within eBay that her TIN/name combination didn’t match the IRS records and requested she electronically submit a signed W-9 which she did that same day.  Hopefully, by sending in the W-9, your system will be set up to transmit her information to the IRS, per the W-9…. However, several days have passed now and the taxpayer settings within eBay do not match the info she sent on the W-9 form yet…

We called eBay shortly thereafter submitting the W-9  and were informed by the representative that It appears that this issue resulted from the eBay Managed Payments system not allowing a SSN to be used with a single-member LLC.  He indicated that a ticket was created to have the IT team fix the issue and they would get back to us.

I have three questions….  

1). When will we know that eBay has confirmed the updated TIN information with the IRS?  How will eBay notify us of this?  Will our taxpayer settings in eBay match the W-9 info we sent?

2). Will eBay be sending corrected 2020 1099-K’s to the IRS for these small number of sellers?

3)  Will eBay communicate to the IRS that this error on the 2020 1099-K was on eBay’s end and not on her end?  (We have records of our correspondence with eBay from last year where she told the Managed Payments team that her single member LLC was a disregarded entity for federal tax purposes, that she did not have an EIN, and that she properly uses her SSN)

I am concerned that IRS might think she did something improper (I believe there is a potential $50 penalty for providing incorrect information) or that they now think she earned twice the income that she did in 2020 on eBay MP if two 1099-K’s with identical amounts end up being sent.  

Please help!

Hi @thebargainhunter420! This isn't something we have additional information to provide publicly. I will need to point you back to the Payments team to get answers to your questions. I will pass your feedback on as to having more information made publicly available though, as to how this all works. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 42 of 51
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining this week's chat. It's closed from further replies, but we will keep working through to ensure that questions receive a reply. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 43 of 51
latest reply

@sweetlittlepiggy wrote:

Copy and paste.. 

Why was PR buyer able to select FedEx Home Delivery when FedEx considers it as an international ship-to address?

PR buyer should have not been able to proceed with the purchase as I did not list USPS on the courier services nor FedEx/UPS International services.

eBay should have not allowed the sale given that FedEx Home/Ground is for US Domestic address; PR is an international destination for FedEx.

Hi @sweetlittlepiggy - without being able to review the transaction itself I can only speak in generalities - but usually we'd want to make sure your shipping preferences are set to block buyers in locations to which you do not ship, as well as making certain that a specific courier service was selected instead of a generic one. 

If you contact CS and provide them additional detail like the item number they can review the situation and file a ticket with the tech team to review if it appears that there is a technical issue. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 44 of 51
latest reply

@thebargainhunter420 wrote:

I have another question…. If you start a 1 day auction and after 20+ hours, it still does not show up in search results, is there a number to call to get it listed in search results?  It can be a little nerve racking to start an auction without a reserve that cannot be found by buyers…

Hello again @thebargainhunter420! There's not a way to escalate something like that. It can take up to 24-hours for a listing to index so that is a risk you're taking by running a one-day auction.

As a side note for longer listing timeframes: if a listing is taking more than 24-hours to appear in the search, then that's something Customer Support can escalate. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 45 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: