cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, December 15 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@selsa84 wrote:

Auto fill passwords are correct. Its ebay

Items not showing in store when i send a buyer there to search with key words that are in the title.

As for the offers, I wrote on this forum 6 years ago about this and you said you would check it out.

active listing notification is in seller hub.

Items specifics are as soon as im done listing ill go to seller hub and theres my listing needing item specifics but they are all filled out.

Ive contacted ebay over 30 times about these issues and NOTHING gets resolved. 3 CS reps lied to me last week when they said they were going to open a ticket on these issues. No call back and no resolution

Hi @selsa84 - thanks for these additional comments. 

Auto fill passwords are correct. Its ebay

I'm glad to hear your browser's password keeper is correct and up to date. If you are having to manually type in your password each time, that would be unusual. Please let me know which browser you're using and what version so I can get that reported. 

Items not showing in store when i send a buyer there to search with key words that are in the title.

That makes sense, thanks. They should show up, barring shipping blocks being in place or the item going through indexing (being newly listed). 

As for the offers, I wrote on this forum 6 years ago about this and you said you would check it out.

active listing notification is in seller hub.

Not to be too much of a contrarian but I haven't worked in Community that long, I started 4 years ago. If I missed a thread where you pointed this out or gave detail about the situation please feel free to tag me to it!

Items specifics are as soon as im done listing ill go to seller hub and theres my listing needing item specifics but they are all filled out.

This is helpful - I'll let the Seller Hub team know. 

Ive contacted ebay over 30 times about these issues and NOTHING gets resolved. 3 CS reps lied to me last week when they said they were going to open a ticket on these issues. No call back and no resolution

That's very frustrating - we should keep our arrangements to contact you back if we say we will. I will have your contacts to CS reviewed and send appropriate coaching for the teammates involved. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 46 of 51
latest reply

@dryophelia wrote:

tyler@ebay 

Posts 28 & 29 look the same. 

Did you get the dreaded message in red letters that your post contained bad html, too. 

Good to see it happens to the ‘higher ups’ as well. 
😉😃

Happy Holidays to you and velvet@ebay  jasmen@ebay 

Thank you for your help throughout the year. 
All the best for 2022. 

@dryophelia - no red-error, it just didn't do anything, I had to completely reload the page! I'm glad it got posted though, although twice in a row is a bit much, no? 😉

Tyler,
eBay
Message 47 of 51
latest reply

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

When is eBay going to recognize that buyers sometimes wish to delay delivery after buying an item? How can a seller respond to buyer requests that will result in a late shipment  according to eBay? Who is right - the buyer or eBay ?

Hi @clarkphilatelics - a late shipment ding can be appealed by Customer Support if the buyer requested you to delay shipment after they paid. Just make sure that the conversation happened in eBay messages or as a note to you when they checked out (CS will need to be able to see the message from the buyer). 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 48 of 51
latest reply

@tsme35 wrote:

Have you passed along or heard from ebay about the 150% rate increase on packages over 30" come April 3th, its not just a minor rate increase, its a business KILLER. I know ebay doesn't set rates and lies about getting a rate deal(which is the same rate all large internet companies get). I'm getting by for now, sales have dropped 50% since Sept. but I won't be in business after APRIL 3th.

I can't triple shipping rates and believe items will sell, shipping cost's about $10 will jump to $25 PLUS the rate increase come Jan. 9th., I hope they don't wait until 3 weeks before it goes in effect like the 1099 law

Hey @tsme35! I haven't heard about this but I'll make sure the shipping team is aware and it's on their radar. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

Hey @zamo-zuan! Good news!!! I just noticed that you posted this question in the Shipping board as well and the shipping team came back saying that they will protect transactions like what you described. You can see go here to see their reply if you haven't already seen it. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 50 of 51
latest reply

@clarkphilatelics wrote:

I have raised the Managed Payments Payout issue several times. I have not received a substantive response.  Although each payout links to detail information that can be used to collect data to track sales, expenses, and cash received, too much effort, in my opinion, is required. In some cases, detail sale and fee amounts are posted in a foreign currency.

What is lacking?  Payout summaries include only the amount paid. Total sales, total fees, postage purchased, holds plus or minus, and other adjustments. Why is it not possible to provide a simple summary that would explain each payout?

Hi @clarkphilatelics! While the Payout summary is simplistic on the site, there should be the option towards the upper right corner of the transaction list to 'Download report'. That will give you the types of info you're interested in seeing like sales, fees, postage, etc. for each sale in the payout; all in one Excel doc. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 51 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: