cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@michigan_tactical wrote:

i have contacted CS 2x times and they tell me its a banned item, and i share with them active listings and sold items today and they tell me they cannot help, this is why I am seeking direct assistance for this situation?

If CS tells you it is a banned item, then it is a banned item.   End of story.   Do not relist or your account will get suspended.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@lacemaker3 wrote:

velvet@ebay , did you look at the link?

By the way, it has been reported already, but it's been there for several days. 

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to check in with the mod team @lacemaker3!

velvet@ebay , that's great. I would appreciate it if you would post an update with what you find out.

Why is this poster, and/or this seller allowed to advertise their listings on the discussion boards, when that is against policy?

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for joining this week's chat! It's now closed from further replies, but we will continue to work to make sure questions receive a response. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 48 of 51
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Hello Community Team

RE: Feedback Left for Sellers

According to eBay policy>

Feedback should only be related to the transaction. We don't allow:

• Expressing opinions on any political, religious, or social issues
  • Any links, URLs, or other content encouraging sales outside of eBay
  • Any implied or explicit threats or intimidation
  • The publishing of any personally identifiable information
  • Any inappropriate or offensive language
  • Any references to investigations

There are community posts saying feedback that is left for sellers that say anything pertaining to refunds, cases, etc are removable under the last mention above “Any reference to investigations”

I personally have never heard that if a buyer leaves feedback like:

Had to open a case with eBay to get my refund

Had to get eBay involved to resolve

Had to open a case because seller would not accept defective item for return

etc, that it is removable due to it being under the heading of ‘investigation’

Is this correct? Because this type of feedback left by buyers for sellers is one of the most common type of negative feedback used for disgruntled buyers and seems like it would indeed be allowed since it would be "related to the transaction".

Thank you

That is correct @stuff4divas! If the comment references that either eBay or law enforcement is, will, or has taken action of some kind (including references to case decisions and member suspensions) then the comment will be removed (hidden). The negative rating and detailed seller ratings will remain however. A few examples of what would qualify for a comment removal are:

• "Never paid for item. eBay is investigating this person for non-payment."
  • "This person is a fraud. eBay has suspended them before."
  • "eBay found in my favor, and refunded the money I sent."
  • "This person was arrested by the police for stealing my money."

I hope that helps! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 49 of 51
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

i have already and they have been no help, can you plz put me in contact with the product owner for my category?  I have spent hours trying to figure this out.  I have also tried to contact CS on banned listing and they tell me they will just close my account if i continue to list these items, I even had a CS rep tell me 100% of gun parts will be banned from ebay and I should change my business, I have the dates and times of these conversations if you would like to have them reviewed?

Hi @michigan_tactical - I don't have a way to put you in contact with a category manager, but I do strongly suggest that you consider contacting CS via social media so they can review and get you some more detail. 

If the concern is that you are seeing other sellers list items that you have had removed please consider reporting those items using the 'Report this item' link on the right hand side of the description. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 50 of 51
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@postcardcountry wrote:

Tyler,

Thank you for the definitions last week (topographical, non-topographical).

Could you ask another question for me?

There is an item specific brand/publisher with a drop down list.

Why are there 43 English/European companies listed and only 2 USA companies listed?

Sure you can't list all of them but....only 2 USA?   

I think postcards have moved from ebay-USA to ebay-UK and you haven't told us yet.

Hi @postcardcountry! We'll see what we can find out for you and will follow-up here once we get a reply. Thanks!

Good news! They came back letting me know that what's showing now is what was there before. With the recent changes though, there's now more capability to add in additional values without having to wait for a seller update, so they're working on getting more added.

Even better news...they'd like your input! They're working on gathering data themselves but they'll be happy to take any suggestions you have for brands/publishers that you use often and would like to see added. Since it can take a few weeks to get updates pushed through, they suggest doing what you probably already are, and adding your own values in the meantime.

Since you can't reply here, please start a new post with your suggestions, and be sure to tag me so I see it. Thanks @postcardcountry!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 51 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: