cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

I am seeking help with listings in general here are my questions:

1. When I add a UPC code to a listing it does not 100% of the time add the product details at the top, and I see them in other ads with the exact same UPC and PN, and category. How can I make sure this happens consistently?

2. If an item is in the catalog under a UPC code IE, product details are included when you type in UPC code, is that an item you can sell on eBay within the guidelines of the terms and conditions?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

Another question I have is pertaining to gun parts, how can I get a complete list of all items not allowed to be sold on eBay pertaining to guns and gun parts and reloading equipment? I have called customer service and they cannot provide this.

-----

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

Tyler,

Thank you for the definitions last week (topographical, non-topographical).

Could you ask another question for me?

There is an item specific brand/publisher with a drop down list.

Why are there 43 English/European companies listed and only 2 USA companies listed?

Sure you can't list all of them but....only 2 USA?   

I think postcards have moved from ebay-USA to ebay-UK and you haven't told us yet.

-----

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

I am seeking help with listings in general here are my questions:

1. When I add a UPC code to a listing it does not 100% of the time add the product details at the top, and I see them in other ads with the exact same UPC and PN, and category. How can I make sure this happens consistently?

2. If an item is in the catalog under a UPC code IE, product details are included when you type in UPC code, is that an item you can sell on eBay within the guidelines of the terms and conditions?

Hey there @michigan_tactical! If for some reason it's not carrying over the info you could try to do a Sell Similar from the listing specifically. If you're listing through the app, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling can help. On a desktop make sure you're always clearing out your cache and cookies too!  

If an item is under the catalog info it should be good to be listed. If there's an issue or if something is wrong, you'll have the option to report it through the listing flow as well. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

Since eBay continues to add more and more incorrect item specifics to my listings against my will I was hoping to get more info.  I was trying to find eBay's legal address so I can take eBay to small claims court if problems arise from this malicious behavior.  All I can seem to find is the eBay headquarters address.

Simply put I am not wasting ~$8 of my time per instance to fix your site.

-----

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

Another question I have is pertaining to gun parts, how can I get a complete list of all items not allowed to be sold on eBay pertaining to guns and gun parts and reloading equipment? I have called customer service and they cannot provide this.

Hi @michigan_tactical - I don't have a complete list of items to provide you, but I'm happy to share the policy (link here). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 51
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Since eBay continues to add more and more incorrect item specifics to my listings against my will I was hoping to get more info.  I was trying to find eBay's legal address so I can take eBay to small claims court if problems arise from this malicious behavior.  All I can seem to find is the eBay headquarters address.

Hello @gwzcomps, while I can't speak to legalities here, please know all our legal info can be found in the User Agreement. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

Hey velvet@ebay  not sure if it's too late but I noticed there hasn't been much official promotion of the eBay Facebook Live shopping event going on tonight. I'm really interested to check it out - maybe an announcement here in the community would get a larger audience tuning in? 😊

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Facebook-Livestream-Shopping-Event-For-Certified/td-p/324...

-----

Message 9 of 51
latest reply

hi,

thanks for the suggestion, I have tried that as well is doesn't work 100% of the time.  can I send specific listings to someone to have them look into this and help fix the bug?

I have reported the listing that is failing and after 1 month I still do not have resolution, I have not tried to report in listing flow, do you have directions on how to do this?

-----

Message 10 of 51
latest reply

I had 6 shipments to go out this morning. Under tasks it said: "Print labels and ship - 6" and "Ship within 24 hours - 5"

The 2 latest payments emails I got were at 11:01 and 11:07 pm Eastern. Why didn't it say all 6 should ship within 24 hours?

Also, that phrasing in general is incorrect. If I shipped those 6 packages 18 hours from then, they would have all been late, even though 18 hours is within 24 hours. It should say "Ship today" or "Needs scan by midnight pacific time" instead.

-----

Message 11 of 51
latest reply

jasmen@ebay wrote:

@gwzcomps wrote:

Hello @gwzcomps, while I can't speak to legalities here, please know all our legal info can be found in the User Agreement. 

jasmen@ebayIf you would take the time to read my question I am simply asking for an address.

-----

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

Tyler,

Thank you for the definitions last week (topographical, non-topographical).

Could you ask another question for me?

There is an item specific brand/publisher with a drop down list.

Why are there 43 English/European companies listed and only 2 USA companies listed?

Sure you can't list all of them but....only 2 USA?   

I think postcards have moved from ebay-USA to ebay-UK and you haven't told us yet.

Hi @postcardcountry! We'll see what we can find out for you and will follow-up here once we get a reply. Thanks!

-----

Edit: A follow-up to this post can be found here

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 51
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

Hey velvet@ebay  not sure if it's too late but I noticed there hasn't been much official promotion of the eBay Facebook Live shopping event going on tonight. I'm really interested to check it out - maybe an announcement here in the community would get a larger audience tuning in? 😊

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Facebook-Livestream-Shopping-Event-For-Certified/td-p/324...

Hi @valueaddedresource - I think that would be a fun idea! However, based on member input over the past few years this isn't something we'd normally highlight as many members prefer not to visit other sites, and we aren't able to do a simul-stream of it here. 

I'm interested in hearing your take on it if you attend, or if you think of a way we could do something similar on the Community platform itself!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 51
latest reply

The UPC entry concern from mich tactical reminded me of a different hurdle I have had frequently when entering UPC codes while creating a Listing.

I am certain this is occurring to many sellers. I receive error message stating  the UPC code is invalid. Even after careful proofreading that I typed it correctly.

Seems a shame to have such a definitive identifier, that is originating from manufacturer, be excluded. If time allows, I do free text into description the UPC code, in addition to including photo of actual location on item where I found the UPC.

This 'workaround' is all I can think of, but does it make a difference in  a buyer's search? I can only hope.

Having  the UPC data field accept these item identifiers would be a big "WOW" !

Oh -  this happens with an occasional ISBN, also.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 15 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: