cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Community Chat, December 1 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

i have already and they have been no help, can you plz put me in contact with the product owner for my category?  I have spent hours trying to figure this out.  I have also tried to contact CS on banned listing and they tell me they will just close my account if i continue to list these items, I even had a CS rep tell me 100% of gun parts will be banned from ebay and I should change my business, I have the dates and times of these conversations if you would like to have them reviewed?

-----

Edit: a reply to your question can be found here

Message 31 of 51
latest reply

@dariudaudery_0 wrote:

Hi, 

I am curious if this is true: Ebay CS guidelines are to try to limit "courtesy refunds" to $50 per eBay member per year, with $100 as the maximum allowed per year.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Returns/Limits-on-quot-courtesy-refunds-quot/td-p/32494251

While this does not concern me at this time and has not happened to me would love to hear how it is.

Appreciate the answer.

Hi @dariudaudery_0 - there are multiple factors that go into consideration of a member's request for credits. It's not a black and white decision tree, so giving you hard numbers isn't something that I can do. 

A courtesy credit is usually allowed once per 12 months. It is for a situation outside of any other manual credit policy (ie, those situations that cannot be done automatically like through a return request). Other manual credit policies exist and have different requirements. 

To reiterate: credits can be issued for multiple reasons, and there are exceptions to many of the rules to allow for contingencies that may arise. Your best course of action in a situation where you'd like to request a credit is to contact CS so they can review the particulars and see what options we have for you. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 32 of 51
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

Hi Community Team. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and Happy Holidays as well.

There's a thread here that is advertising an individual seller's listings:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Handbags/Ring-in-Luxurious-Holiday-Savings/m-p/32500517#M741

This is against the Rules of Engagement:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/About-the-Community/Rules-of-Engagement/td-p/26164369

13. Do not advertise items, listings, services, or commercial websites, including petitions or solicitations for others to buy your items, or use your products. 

This thread should be removed because it is violating community policy, but it is still there.

Hey @lacemaker3! I'll be sure this gets reported. Thank you!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 33 of 51
latest reply

thats not my concern, what is happening is I list an item that is already being sold and several are listed I try and I try and list the item this is what happens: Screenshot_2021-11-29 Create your listing.png

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

it shows your email to be jasmen@ebay.com is that your valid email address?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

Side note is eBay aware of all of the recent cyberwhistle listings that are probably breaking the presale policies?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=cyberwhistle&_sacat=0

-----

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

velvet@ebay , did you look at the link?

By the way, it has been reported already, but it's been there for several days. 

-----

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

it shows your email to be jasmen@ebay.com is that your valid email address?

I can't provide direct account assistance here, it would be best to send your screenshot to the eBay for Business team or reach out to CS like mentioned so they can help ASAP. Jasmen@eBay.com is not a valid email address. Thanks for your time! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

do you know what % of these questions are answered & resolved ?  I have left feedback before and have never had a response.  I try very hard to follow the guidelines and requirements to sell on ebay and these concerns without resolution could stop a new seller from growing if they get discouraged. 

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

velvet@ebay , did you look at the link?

By the way, it has been reported already, but it's been there for several days. 

Thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to check in with the mod team @lacemaker3!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 40 of 51
latest reply

i have contacted CS 2x times and they tell me its a banned item, and i share with them active listings and sold items today and they tell me they cannot help, this is why I am seeking direct assistance for this situation?

-----

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

Hello Community Team

RE: Feedback Left for Sellers

According to eBay policy>

Feedback should only be related to the transaction. We don't allow:

• Expressing opinions on any political, religious, or social issues
  • Any links, URLs, or other content encouraging sales outside of eBay
  • Any implied or explicit threats or intimidation
  • The publishing of any personally identifiable information
  • Any inappropriate or offensive language
  • Any references to investigations

There are community posts saying feedback that is left for sellers that say anything pertaining to refunds, cases, etc are removable under the last mention above “Any reference to investigations”

I personally have never heard that if a buyer leaves feedback like:

Had to open a case with eBay to get my refund

Had to get eBay involved to resolve

Had to open a case because seller would not accept defective item for return

etc, that it is removable due to it being under the heading of ‘investigation’

Is this correct? Because this type of feedback left by buyers for sellers is one of the most common type of negative feedback used for disgruntled buyers and seems like it would indeed be allowed since it would be "related to the transaction".

Thank you

-----

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

I will try that suggestion to report to CS.

I am not v enthusiastic to do so. Simply since the CSRs are so driven to 'solve' an issue.

Any time I reach to point out a glitch or problem, the sense i get is the CSR doesn't know a response to the info I tried to pass along.

Oh, and while you had good reminder about cache & cookies - I make sure those are wiped daily. Long ago learned to always do that task! and an extra Wipe when on hold or waiting to get call from CS.  Just in case the CSR suggests the step. It is DONE, pre-call! 🙂

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:

Side note is eBay aware of all of the recent cyberwhistle listings that are probably breaking the presale policies?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=cyberwhistle&_sacat=0

Thanks for the link @gwzcomps - I'll get it reported for review. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 44 of 51
latest reply

@michigan_tactical wrote:

i have contacted CS 2x times and they tell me its a banned item, and i share with them active listings and sold items today and they tell me they cannot help, this is why I am seeking direct assistance for this situation?

If you reach out to the eBay for business team they can help with prohibited items too and help get you clear answers. Unfortunately I won't be able to help here @michigan_tactical 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 45 of 51
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: