cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Chat, May 30th from 12:30 PDT - Shipping Internationally & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

Please join us here from 12:30 PDT today for a live video broadcast on International Shipping, followed by a General Topics Community Chat from 1-2pm PDT. 

If you have questions for Bassil during the live video, we'll open the thread for questions while the video is live. 

The Community Team will be online from 1-2pm PDT to answer all your general questions. 

See you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Live Broadcast & Chat, May 30th from 12:30 PDT - Shipping Internationally & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The thread is now open for questions regarding Shipping Internationally. We'll answer what we can during the live video session.

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

As I have to leave in 15 minutes and won't be back until after the chat has ended, I hope it will be ok for me to post my question early.  Thank you.

Re:  General Topics (Returns and Refunds)

Hello,

I hope you can provide some clarification on this issue.

I need to include RMA numbers for returns. I completed the Return Preferences form and put a check mark next to the statement: “Give me the option to add a RMA (Return Authorization Number) to each return label.”

After I receive a return request and I add an RMA number, will I be given the opportunity to create and forward the return label to the buyer myself – or – will the label be created and forwarded to the buyer by eBay?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Shipping and Payments Tab Not working

When trying to get a shipping quote for a item using eBay's shipping calculator it is instantly booting you right out of the page back to the original listing page.     Also when you try to change the quantity from 1 to anything else it will not accept and defaults back to one.  You will have to find a multiple quantity item to try this on.  Here is one of our listings that you can try it on  382434713075 

Been going on since the Summer Update with stores.   Getting alot of emails from buyers about it and reported it today however nothing is being done on it.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

@mendelsons wrote:

Shipping and Payments Tab Not working

When trying to get a shipping quote for a item using eBay's shipping calculator it is instantly booting you right out of the page back to the original listing page.     Also when you try to change the quantity from 1 to anything else it will not accept and defaults back to one.  You will have to find a multiple quantity item to try this on.  Here is one of our listings that you can try it on  382434713075 

Been going on since the Summer Update with stores.   Getting alot of emails from buyers about it and reported it today however nothing is being done on it.

Hi @mendelsons - we're aware of the issue and working on a solution. Thanks for letting us know you're impacted as well, we'll get you added to the ticket!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Hi Alan,

Do we know yet the date we are able to create a listing and have domestic free returns, while international sales have buyer paying for returns? Had heard sometime in JUne?  

Also, its 4:08 eastern, and I'm getting a message video will be live shortly. Did I miss it or is there a delay, thank you,  Maria

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kosmetik.karnival wrote:

As I have to leave in 15 minutes and won't be back until after the chat has ended, I hope it will be ok for me to post my question early.  Thank you.

Re:  General Topics (Returns and Refunds)

Hello,

I hope you can provide some clarification on this issue.

I need to include RMA numbers for returns. I completed the Return Preferences form and put a check mark next to the statement: “Give me the option to add a RMA (Return Authorization Number) to each return label.”

After I receive a return request and I add an RMA number, will I be given the opportunity to create and forward the return label to the buyer myself – or – will the label be created and forwarded to the buyer by eBay?

Thank you.

Hi @kosmetik.karnival, if you utilize RMA numbers you will have two business days to provide a return shipping label of your own. After this time if we are asked to step in and if the return is eligible, eBay will provide a return label to the buyer. Definitely touch base with Customer Service if you have a return come up and are running into any trouble.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Today is May 30........any idea when those of us who haven't been notified about being in Guaranteed delivery will get in?  I thought it was by the end of May? 

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

I have some collectible cards to sell, but I find sellers in China selling them for 25¢ with Free shipping...so there's no point in posting mine.

Can't anything be done about that? IMHO, eBay should protect its US (and other international) sellers from this unfair competition.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@curvaceouswomanplus wrote:

Hi Alan,

Do we know yet the date we are able to create a listing and have domestic free returns, while international sales have buyer paying for returns? Had heard sometime in JUne?  

Also, its 4:08 eastern, and I'm getting a message video will be live shortly. Did I miss it or is there a delay, thank you,  Maria

Hi @curvaceouswomanplus

The functionality re returns is scheduled to be available to all sellers by June 1, we're currently rolling it out. 

The video should be available to watch above now. It usually takes a few minutes for the video to archive. 

Thank you! 

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

I have some collectible cards to sell, but I find sellers in China selling them for 25¢ with Free shipping...so there's no point in posting mine.

Can't anything be done about that? IMHO, eBay should protect its US (and other international) sellers from this unfair competition.

Hi @vrykalak - price fixing isn't something that we do or allow. Personally, while price is always a factor when choosing to buy, I also take into account seller reputation, photos and detailed description. 

If you have great collectible cards I believe that they'll speak for themselves within your listing, and discerning buyers will be able to make an informed choice. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Hi Alan,

Just wondering why on ended listings that have previously sold numerous times do the current emails state to list at a much lower price?

Thanks in advance!

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

I am currently running a Markdown Promotion in Promotions Manager. There is NO notice at the top of my listing advising my buyers of the markdown, and the actual promo for my sale is BELOW my description area.

We were previously told ebay is testing this placement.

Is this still a test, or is this the new normal?
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

General topics question:  What is going on with the email notifications for sold/listing confirmed/listing ended?

I am getting different versions of each of these, all of them getting sillier with each new "improvement."  The latest has a cute little symbol followed by only the first 10 characters of the item title, then a message that has nothing to do with the item listed.  eg, "Check our selling tips to increase your selling success."

Why can't these notifications actually show the entire item title without any cutesy symbols that are not even visible unless the inbox font is huge?

And finally, I have not gotten most of the item ended messages for a few days.  Is this the future?

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Today is May 30........any idea when those of us who haven't been notified about being in Guaranteed delivery will get in?  I thought it was by the end of May? 

Hi @dhbookds, Guaranteed Delivery is currently being added to the final group of sellers. Emails will be sent tomorrow notifying sellers that the program is now available on their accounts. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 15 of 35
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: