cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Broadcast & Chat, May 30th from 12:30 PDT - Shipping Internationally & General Topics

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi all, 

Please join us here from 12:30 PDT today for a live video broadcast on International Shipping, followed by a General Topics Community Chat from 1-2pm PDT. 

If you have questions for Bassil during the live video, we'll open the thread for questions while the video is live. 

The Community Team will be online from 1-2pm PDT to answer all your general questions. 

See you then! 

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Live Broadcast & Chat, May 30th from 12:30 PDT - Shipping Internationally & General Topics

I've been receiving emails, telling me that I should now reduce my prices because people were watching my items.
Now I don't know how others work, but I don't "watch" an item unless I am considering buying it...at the advertisec price.
If the seller then reduced the price, I'd worry that something was wrong with it.

?.

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@erotique6 wrote:

Thanks for the response!  14 days for a turn over???   I have not seen a month this bad since I started this account in 2011, but ok will take your word for it, before deciding to reopen my store, which I closed a little over a month ago due to the store directory not working for several months and a few other reasons besides sales dropping off each month.

On another note when someone accepts Paypal do they not accept all forms of Paypal?  I was on my buying account a few days ago and to my dismay a TRS seller posts in their descriptions instant transfer only.  No CC......or has policy changed on this?

brian@ebay wrote:

@erotique6 wrote:

Hi Alan,

Just wondering why on ended listings that have previously sold numerous times do the current emails state to list at a much lower price?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @erotique6, I'm happy to offer some clarity about these emails. Pricing guidance is offered if an item was active for 14 days without a sale. In these situations, we'll send an email with a suggested price. While the suggested price can increase the possibility of a sale, sellers should price items in a way that works best for their business.

@erotique6, the Accepted Payments Policy has not changed. If a seller accepts PayPal then they cannot discourage or stop buyers from using the payment method stated in their listing. If you see a seller doing this, please report the listing so our teams can take appropriate action. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 32 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roadking5555 wrote:

General topic question,

I sell in the collectables category and my listings up to this point have been 30 day returns, buyer pays for return.

My question is, since my category allows 14 day free returns vs 30 day free returns starting June 1st is there any advantage on listing placement between the two options?

Does a 30 day free return get higher placement than a 14 day free return?

Hi @roadking5555, many factors can go into Best Match placement. Generally speaking, a more generous return policy can lead to better visibility as more buyers will be interested in your items compared to competitors with similar items with shorter returns (or no returns). We encourage you to try out different durations and see how this may benefit your business!

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stuff4divas wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@stuff4divas wrote:

My listings are clicked on seller offers GSP and I also have my own international shipping options. But I have received messages from int'l buyers who want to use GSP, but they cannot choose it on my listings. I have to remove my own options in order for them to use the GSP. Is this they way it is? Or am I doing something wrong? thnx!!

Hi @stuff4divas, it looks you have your Shipping Preferences set up correctly so there shouldn't be an issue for eligible transactions to go through the Global Shipping Program. Do you have an item number example for me to investigate? 

The last GSP I sent was about 5 mos ago, so the sale is no longer showing on my eBay account. 

I believe it was in the UK. The buyer wanted me to send the item thru the GSP but she said the only choice she had was my own option shipping methods.

I went into the listing and saw GSP box was checked. I couldn't figure out why she did not have that choice as well.

She is the one who told me I would have to remove my own options and show GSP only, otherwise I would not have figured it out.

I always thought that was a strange thing and that both GSP and my own would not show together, but even when I click on the 'shipping payments' tab on the listing itself, then click an int'l country, only my own shipping options come up, w/o the GSP showing.

Hi @stuff4divas, touch base with me in the future if this comes up again - some items are simply not eligible for the Global Shipping Program but removing your shipping options should not make a difference as to what they can choose. Happy to look into the next example for you, no problem!

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Thanks all for joining us today! We'll chat with you again soon. 

Have a great rest of the week sunglasses

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 35 of 35
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: