cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Nov 22th @ 1pm PT - General Topics

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello Community, 

tyler@ebay, brian@ebay and I will be manning the chat today! 

This week we will discuss general topics, so please share your buying & selling questions. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

doug@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

The chat is now open! Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

Problem with internation sales and same day handling.
I am on the east coast and set 9 am est as my cut off for same day handling.
I have not had any problems with domestic shipping as it has displayed correctly with payments before 9 AM having to ship same day and those after 9AM have to ship by the next day.

It is not working properly with international as buyers after 9 am are showing on ebay as having to ship same day when they do not have to ship until the following day.
This will hurt my on time shipping numbers unfairly.
Please let me know what ebay is doing to correct this glitch

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 3 of 54
latest reply

Can anyone  give an update on the below known ebay glitch

Listing are hidden as my account being an international seller when I am  United States (ebay.com) seller

It is happening to many sellers and is on the chatboards and has occured multiple times in the past 4 months.

My sales have dropped greatly in those 4 months.

Dashboard says I am down 35% from last year and chat bords are showing many sellers down between 25% and 50%.

Can anyone reply why this glitch is still occuring after 4 months and what steps are being taken to fix it permanately?

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 4 of 54
latest reply

Might put a reminder about chat on selling board.......

What's the latest about the problem with shipping showing on feedback form?

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

Hello

doug@ebay

tyler@ebay

brian@ebay

Happy Thanksgiving

I am having difficulty getting help from customer support regarding feedback detailed seller ratings.

For some reason ebay is not graying out the "communication" detailed seller rating star and now ebay buyers that I have not had outside communication with are leaving me undesired ratings.

The policy states that:

To give you credit for transactions where a buyer doesn't need to contact you, you'll automatically receive a 5-star communication detailed seller rating if:

• You specify either same business day or 1 business day handling and upload tracking information within 1 business day.

• There are no buyer- or seller-initiated communications in eBay Messages

• There are no requests for contact information between you and the buyer.

• There are no refund requests or PayPal Purchase Protection cases open for the transaction, and the buyer hasn't reported that the item wasn't received.

Since the new feedback page redesign, this policy is FAILING

I would like to see this corrected but it's nearly impossible to get CSReps to understand.

I follow ebay rules, I expect ebay to follow ebay rules and policies.

thank you.

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

@mallontown wrote:

Problem with internation sales and same day handling.
I am on the east coast and set 9 am est as my cut off for same day handling.
I have not had any problems with domestic shipping as it has displayed correctly with payments before 9 AM having to ship same day and those after 9AM have to ship by the next day.

It is not working properly with international as buyers after 9 am are showing on ebay as having to ship same day when they do not have to ship until the following day.
This will hurt my on time shipping numbers unfairly.
Please let me know what ebay is doing to correct this glitch

Howdy @mallontown - that doesn't sound right, definitely want to get to the bottom of it. I'll reach out for more information in a moment. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 54
latest reply

The below is from last weeks Chat:

@re: Community Chat, Nov 15th @ 1pm PT - General Topics
in reply to 11-15-2017 01:33:41 PM
tyler@ebay

@mam98031 wrote:

I have my first return for buyer’s remorse within the new return system.  I received the email from Ebay regarding it on November 9th.  The email was really lacking in details which IMHO sellers have the need to know.   I could not see the reason why the buyer wanted to return the item, even when I clicked on the “View return details”.

Instead the screen asked me to verify my return address [as I have a couple in my set up] and I needed to assign an RMA [which I have in my return preferences].  Once I did that, it came to a screen that gave me the details of the Request for return.  I could then see what the buyer wrote as an explanation.  It also told me what the Estimated refund amount would be if returned.

The Estimated Refund amount was less the original shipping.  So I ask is Ebay going to allow sellers to keep the original shipping charge on Buyer Remorse returns.  Or was this merely and oversight or omission on Ebay’s part?

Also if Ebay is going to allow sellers to keep the original shipping charge, how will Ebay apply this when you have Free Shipping on the item purchased and returned?

Another thing is that Ebay does not provide the seller with the tracking number on the return label.  Why? 

The Request for return does NOT show up on or in the Resolution Center at all.  Not when the buyer filed one and not after I confirmed it.  The only way to view what the status of this is to go through the link provided in the original email, so don’t lose or delete that email.  This seems problematic to me.  And it is only through the original email link that you can see if the buyer has shipped the item.  At the top it has a graphic that shows 4 steps. 

1. Return Started
  2. Item Shipped
  3. Item Delivered
  4. Refund Sent

On mine only number 1 has a green check mark, so I assume the buyer has not yet shipped the item back.  The screen also tells me that the buyer a few more days to actually mail the thing, which is fine, they should be allowed a little time to actually mail the item.  I get that.

I just don’t understand the limited information provided by Ebay or why it is selectively doled out to us.  This is our customer and our financial transaction.  We have every right to complete details regarding the process from start to finish, yet Ebay is selectively giving us info.  Why does Ebay feel this is appropriate?

Howdy @mam98031 - Thanks for this feedback and info on the formatting process. 

When it comes to the estimated refund field, in a remorse return you are able to withhold original shipping. If a member offers free shipping they would only be able to recoup that shipping cost with a restocking fee. 

For labels - if a buyer uses an ebay label a tracking number should be uploaded as soon as the buyer prints one out. If they are using their own shipping label we give them a certain amount of time to provide proof it is on its way back to you.

Returns should always be visible for you in the Seller Hub>Orders>Returns. I'll get it reported that it's not showing up in the Resolution Center either.

Definitely don't want you feeling like you're being kept in the dark - we want you to feel informed throughout the entire process. In the example you provided what more information could we get to you? Happy to make the suggestion!

************************************************************************************

Last weeks chat completed before I could ask a couple more things about this new process.

1.  If you offer Free Shipping on the order that is returned for BR.  I understand what was explained above that Ebay will allow the seller to keep the actual carrier cost plus a restocking fee if the seller charges one.  WHAT IF the seller does not do their labels in Ebay or PP?  How does Ebay know what my cost is for shipping if I don't use Ebay's system?

2.  As described above, I have a current return case going on.  To date, the buyer has not shipped the item back per the details of the request.  I of course don't know if they chose to ship it on their own without using the label.  But either way, the item has not yet been returned.  The case says that if the buyer does not ship the item back / upload tracking, Ebay "MAY" close the request by November 17th [which obviously was several days ago].  As of this moment the request has not yet been closed.  Why not????  I want it closed.  Does this mean that I have to take the time to call each time this happens so that Ebay will complete what they said in the request they will do?  Why do I have to put in even more of my time into calling to get this closed when it should be relatively automatic?

With all respect to the TERRIFIC CSRs here.  The same is just not true far too many times when calling Ebay.  Things have to get explained and explained to the CSR.  They may still not understand and it can cause even more explaining plus the loss of a good chunk of time to get a simple thing resolved.  As a seller, I don't want to have to go through this every time.  It is a waste of my time, especially at this time of year when I should be listing new things and servicing my customers.  Please advise.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 54
latest reply

Thanks @dhbookds on the reminder for the reminder. Just posted over on Selling.

@dhbookds wrote:

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

In the Purchase History, why does the payment date keep changing?  This started about a week ago.

For example, I bought and paid for 2 BIN items on November 13.  The order wash shipped on November 15 -- now both paid and shipped dates read November 15! Delivery estimate is November 17-22 but still in transit via UPS and probably will not arrive until Satuday, November 25 or the following Monday.

Another example:  Earlier on November 13, I bought and paid for 2 more BIN items from the very same eBay seller.  This order was shipped via UPS Mail Innovations on November 17 and was delivered by USPS on November 21.  The paid date initially read November 17, then changed to November 21; the shipping date reads November 17.

Since I have had no sales since September, I cannot say if the "Sold" section in My eBay also reflects these errors.  But something needs to be fixed!

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 10 of 54
latest reply

I would also like to bring up the topic of blocked buyers.

Sellers have the ability to block buyers if they do not want to do business with them.  We have a BBL for up to 5K users.

That is great, except buyers can now simply log out of their account and buy as a guest buyer.

I had a buyer last night ask why he was on my blocked bidder list.  Within an hour he used a guest buying account.

I can report the buying account, but there is no way in the report to connect the two IDs nor do I think it does a hill of beans.

If I cancel the transaction, I get a defect for cancelling.

What point is the blocked buyer list if the buyer can get away with using a guest account to buy anyway?  

I realize that this limits sales but I did not want to do business with this guy anymore and blocking him made no difference.  My items, my business, I should be able to depend on the BBL.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

I know it's been discussed to death, but we're still seeing  threads posted complaining about this issue and I honestly think it deserves another look by senior adminsitration. There need to be some different rules put in place to protect buyers here.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/amazon-disclosure/td-p/27772664/jump-to/first-unread-message

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Drop-Ship-Seller-Disclosure-Please/td-p/27698804/jump-t...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Sellers-should-have-to-disclose-they-are-drop-shipping-...

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 12 of 54
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Thanks @dhbookds - we got a reminder up. 🙂

The issue with incomplete shipping cost being shown on the feedback form has been corrected as of this morning. To clarify: the form is now displaying the complete shipping charge (including a handling charge if stipulated) shown to the buyer on the listing form, or from View Order Details. 

In addition, the issue with the Shipping Time question displaying the delivery date instead of the date of shipment has also been corrected to display the proper date an item was shipped.

Any negative feedback or low DSRs that arose because of this will be protected automatically within the near future, or it could be appealed sooner by contacting CS. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 54
latest reply

Ebay email message glitch "how Badly do you want ..................

I receive these messagess and I am the seller of the item and Ebay keeps sending me these annoying messages whenever my best offer reply price to a cusomer is declined or buyer not responds to my offer.

How hard is it to get a simple email correct?

Here is the title of the message ebay sends

How badly do you want (Product)wink

I don't want the product as I am selling it and am getting tired of this message repeatly every day

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 14 of 54
latest reply

@mallontown wrote:

Can anyone  give an update on the below known ebay glitch

Listing are hidden as my account being an international seller when I am  United States (ebay.com) seller

It is happening to many sellers and is on the chatboards and has occured multiple times in the past 4 months.

My sales have dropped greatly in those 4 months.

Dashboard says I am down 35% from last year and chat bords are showing many sellers down between 25% and 50%.

Can anyone reply why this glitch is still occuring after 4 months and what steps are being taken to fix it permanately?

Hi @mallontown, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our developers are aware of the issue and are actively working to sort it out. I'm sorry to hear your account is affected. Reach out to customer support and they'll be able to add your to the current ticket. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 15 of 54
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: